• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Champion's Duel Semifinals Results, by EM Seppo

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From EM Seppo's website

Champion’s Duel
Semifinal Results

By EM Seppo

I would like to sincerely apologize to all of the participants and the audience members for my absence. I had a lousy day with technology being clearly against me.

However, based on the early reports from Lady Wildstar and Lady Sara, it seems like most of the duels went without a hitch. That really puts me at ease and I would like to thank everyone (Lady Wildstar, Lady Sara, Taslin Hoffstah, Sir Guildes, etc.) for their patience.

So, here is the verdict:

1) Mage ladder is finished and we have our two finalists
2) Melee ladder has been changed a bit. It was decided to make it 3 semifinals of two players each with the finals being a bracket of 3.

At the time of writing this report, all semifinal duels have been finished except for the one between Stel and Demogorgon. Their fight is scheduled at 8 PM PST on Sunday April 05.

Based on the report that I received from Lady Sara and after talking with most of the people involved in the duels, this are the final results:

Mage Semifinal 1
Briseis Sadow vs. Chushingura –> Chushingura moves to the final

Mage Semifinal 2
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Nikki –> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Sephiroth –> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Kario -> No result
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Kario (Death Match 1) -> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Kario (Death Match 2)-> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah advances to the finals

Melee Semifinal 1
Taslin vs. Mad Mardigan 1 -> Taslin
Taslin vs. Mad Mardigan 2 -> Taslin
Taslin advances to the finals

Melee Semifinal 2
Sir Guildies vs. Raza -> Raza
Raza advances to the finals

Melee Semifinal 3
Stel vs. Demogorgon (To be held at 8PM PST Sunday 5th)

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From EM Seppo's website

Champion’s Duel
Semifinal Results

By EM Seppo

I would like to sincerely apologize to all of the participants and the audience members for my absence. I had a lousy day with technology being clearly against me.

However, based on the early reports from Lady Wildstar and Lady Sara, it seems like most of the duels went without a hitch. That really puts me at ease and I would like to thank everyone (Lady Wildstar, Lady Sara, Taslin Hoffstah, Sir Guildes, etc.) for their patience.

So, here is the verdict:

1) Mage ladder is finished and we have our two finalists
2) Melee ladder has been changed a bit. It was decided to make it 3 semifinals of two players each with the finals being a bracket of 3.

At the time of writing this report, all semifinal duels have been finished except for the one between Stel and Demogorgon. Their fight is scheduled at 8 PM PST on Sunday April 05.

Based on the report that I received from Lady Sara and after talking with most of the people involved in the duels, this are the final results:

Mage Semifinal 1
Briseis Sadow vs. Chushingura –> Chushingura moves to the final

Mage Semifinal 2
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Nikki –> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Sephiroth –> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Kario -> No result
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Kario (Death Match 1) -> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah vs. Kario (Death Match 2)-> Taslin
Taslin Hoffstah advances to the finals

Melee Semifinal 1
Taslin vs. Mad Mardigan 1 -> Taslin
Taslin vs. Mad Mardigan 2 -> Taslin
Taslin advances to the finals

Melee Semifinal 2
Sir Guildies vs. Raza -> Raza
Raza advances to the finals

Melee Semifinal 3
Stel vs. Demogorgon (To be held at 8PM PST Sunday 5th)
Sir Guildies stood there yesterday at 12:00 saying Raza and Demogorgon were easy, and that he already owned Demogorgon 2vs1. Killing Raza was supposed to be as easy as Disarm/bleed/armor ignore. Needless to say I sat there assuring a bunch of newbies that Sir Guildies was trash and I couldn't wait for him to be discarded. If I had a character on Baja I'd have done it then and there myself.

These PvM jokers appeared so confident yesterday. It will be most amusing to watch Chad (the best mage in the game) easily dispose of Taslin in the final. I've said it all along, Chad is like Tyson in the 80s and it will be a TRAIN WRECK!

Taslin, you might want to advise your entourage of clowns not to show up with the way Chad is going steamroll you. I'd hate to know you get bullied in Vent after the whole shard watches you die fast. After all, we're all here to play and have fun right? Your fun will be shortlived once you face off against CHAD!

I'll tell you all right now, the UNDISPUTED champion of Baja is: Chushingura !!! No guy test!

- Sir Alister

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir Alister said:
Needless to say I sat there assuring a bunch of newbies that Sir Guildies was trash and I couldn't wait for him to be discarded.
Hey, Hey, Hey! Watch who you're calling newbie! :D

Why, in my day, we used to walk back and fourth to the Lycaeum up hill both ways!