• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Catskills Hunt Night, everyone welcome!! (Thursday, June 23 2011)

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*For one engagement only*
Resurrecting the fine tradition of Catskills exploration and death robe obtainment

Thursday, June 23 2011 at 8:00pm EST everyone is invited to take part in an group attempt at the new Ter Mur Live Event - Journey to the Athenaeum Isle.
Meet at the Trammel, Yew Moongate at 8:00pm sharp, where we will set forth to travel to Ter Mur and the Royal City to meet with Queen Zhah. From there we will travel to face the Minions of Scelestus and hopefully earn everyone in attendance the reward offered by the queen.

Weapons wise it is said that the minions are vulnerable to Demon Slayers. It is also said that that by cursing them, then discarding them with a very high level bard they are weakened some.

If you do not want to complete the quest, or have so already, then come along and help heal those battling these foul creatures. It should be a fun evening for all involved.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just a couple of hints/tips for anyone that hasn't participated in one of the "Catskills Players Let's Go Die" Nights. Choice of armor, weapon, template, etc. is totally up to each individual but bring what you are most comfortable playing.

I'll be bringing some extra supplies and if anyone else has extra room, things that are always needed are things like bandages for tamers and warriors, extra arrows, extra bolts, potions if you can spare them. It would also be a good idea from what I've heard to bring orange petals if you have them (and can actually remember to use them). LOL

Some general tips:

1. If you need a rez, move OUT of the spawn area. We will help you get your body back and help you with enough bandages, etc. to get on your feet. But rezzing in the middle of a bunch of spawn just results in a rez kill for you and damage to the person rezzing you. Also, if you have just been rezzed and only have one or two hit points, please do not go running back into the spawn buck naked k? LOL Let us heal you up some first, maybe put on a shirt or shoes. :)

2. I haven't heard if these monsters loot or not but, if they do and if it hasn't changed, monsters go for the heaviest item first when they loot you. It's a good idea to break up stacks of items into smaller groups. Bandages, Regs, Potions, etc. should be in small stacks in the corner of your main backpack if possible.

3. We are going to use a Chat Channel, not sure what we are gonna call it yet but hopefully it will help if anyone gets lost or separated. It should also help if anyone needs to arrive late. If anyone needs a late pickup or needs to leave and come back, we can send a gate to Yew Gate Trammel. We think it would be easiest to have one central location that we can grab you from. We'll also have runes marked to Luna in case you run out of things and need to restock.

4. Most important, make sure you have insurance money in the bank and all your items insured or blessed that can be. It's a really good idea to double check every item before we set off.

Looking forward to seeing everyone for this! A gal can never have too many death robes right?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you who are wondering about what you will be facing here are two Minions of Scelestus that I lored.

The Minions have close to 30,000 Hit points meaning it will take some time to kill one. When you consider that a greater Dragon has only 1000-2000 points.

If you notice below that the Minions weakness is to Fire and Energy Weapons so bring a weapon that will hurt it the most.

It hitting you is not where it will hurt you the most though it does have a Lethal poison attack. It also has a form of breath attack and has a chance of dismounting you when it hits you. It is also rumored to hurt players who use life leach on it. So don't.

As you can also see below it has a high magery skill and a very high resistance to spells level. Also note that its poisoning level is at 120.

The minions also have a barding level of 160, so curse them before trying to bard them. Hopefully this information has been helpful to you.
Also remember you HAVE to have the Stygian Abyss upgrade to take part in this.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked if there will be a chance for a group focus for Spellweavers before we head out. Yes all spellweavers will head to Britain's Arcane Circle before we leave the Yew Moongate.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking forward to this! I'm a capped out Paladin w/Heal. Think I need to bring anything but band-aids? Never been on one of these type of hunts so I want to be ready. I can res bandy too so I'll watch for ghosts and try to cross heal a lot.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm looking forward to this! I'm a capped out Paladin w/Heal. Think I need to bring anything but band-aids? Never been on one of these type of hunts so I want to be ready. I can res bandy too so I'll watch for ghosts and try to cross heal a lot.
You should be good. :) Just make sure you have LOTS of tithing points all paid up. *grins*

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it dose sound fun i am going to try and make it to this if my girls let me on the pc

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Chat Channel we will be using for tonights hunt is titled "Queen's Quest". If you have never used Chat before its on the same bar as Map, Paperdoll, Journal. Just click the word chat, then select the room "Queen's Quest" and pick Join. To chat in the room first click the "," key on your keyboard and type what you want to say. The "," key can be found on the bottom row between the "M" key and the "." key.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to personally thanks those who came out to take part in the hunt. We did not get as many people involved as we hoped for, but the group that did go showed what Catskills use to be all about... teamwork and companionship.

The hunt got off to a rough start but once we got rolling fun was had by everyone involved. I hope we can get together and do it again very soon.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a royal blast! The people I met were top notch. Like Vallend said reminded me of the old days. I'll be sure to watch for more such events.