• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Buglug's Recipe For Orc Stew And The Magic Slippers! (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

It's been some time since the evening I will be telling you of. If you will please excuse my absence and believe when I tell you that it could not be helped.

On the evening in question, we all meet Delilah Crow in the Throne room at British castle. She quickly got the point of our summons and proceeded to explain that there had been strange reports of Orcs on the roads. They were halting travelers and stealing all leather and cloth goods. The Royal Guards task would be to locate their camp, and discover what they were intending. Logic dictated that we check the Orc Mines near the town of Yew.

We arrived by gate just outside. It took some time of plain out running around until we were able to locate a vocal member of the Orc community. It was back in an alcove, that we encountered one by the name of Buglug.

Buglug was full of demands and his disdain for us was more than evident. A funny little man, though he failed to offer any explanation for the recent Orc behavior, he did give us the offer of understanding something more peculiar. The secret to Orc magic. We simply had to gather something for his stew. The ingredient being a leg from a spider in Ilshenar. Did not sound appetizing, but to Ilshenar we went.

There, we were set upon by two very large, very red, very angry spiders. They fought fiercely, taking the entire Royal Guard to defeat them. That Buglug had better enjoy every bite of that stew.

When we returned, there was not even a thank you. Just another demand. This time it was to the swamp in Humility. Again, we were off to Ilshenar.

Initially, we wandered again. It was several moments before we were once again attacked by vermin with unusually high tolerances and very robust skills. These Quagmire were not the normal fare to be found here and the Guard suffered bouts of horrible poison. It would take them longer to get the goop than it did the legs.

Again with the demands? Buglug added the goop and then demanded some smelly plant in the Blighted Grove. The smell of that stew was nauseating, so we hastened away. My personal prayer was for Lady Melisande to be either otherwise occupied or sleeping soundly.

Arriving, I was pleased to note that we didn't have to go anywhere near that psycho in the tree. Just the thought of her makes my skin crawl. Alas, it wouldn't be an easy task to get that plant. It was held by an Orcish Archmage that teleported constantly and simply didn't want to let us have it. Mean one that, and I must tell you, that plant did not smell pleasant at all. Whomever it was that had to carry it back deserved a very hefty reward.

Arriving back, we were finally directed to an Orc Fort. Not big on details, Buglug went back to that horrendous stew, smacking his lips. Disgusting.

I am not sure if there is some smoke signal sent out when the Royal Guard assembles, but we no sooner hit the dock leading into the Orc stronghold and we were immediately forced to arms. The three mages governing this fort were scary. Plain and simple. Terrifyingly powerful, and unlike any Orc I had personally encountered in all of Sosaria.

The three of them took the entire Guard on and laughed. The healers were so busy, I'm sure they dropped dead from exhaustion at the end of it all. We did manage to end their reign, but not without extensive damage to pride and armor.

Once we had scraped ourselves off the wooden floor and assembled outside the Fort, we were directed to a Red Standard placed at the entrance. This would be the secret we had come for. Tapping the hideous thing gave a pair of slippers bearing the same shade of red. When worn, they magically gave the wearer the plump visage of an Orc. I wasn't sure if Buglug had played a joke on the Guard because he could never have gotten the ingredients he needed, or if this truly was their secret magic. To be great at Orcish magic, one had to become an Orc. We were all now able to do that. (THANKS MESANNA!)

Clomping away on big Orc feet, we all returned to our respective homes. Why had the Orcs been stealing from travelers? I'm guessing they were making magical slippers. Why were they doing this? Why do Orcs do anything they do... Enjoy your stew Buglug. Ewww...

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...