• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Book of Timelessness

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from UO - Origin Events

Fiction: Book of Timelessness

Posted By EMLaurana on June 19, 2009

Donal the Monk, a human, was very keen on maintaining a peaceful alignment with the gargoyle race. He felt that humans could live even more prosperous lives combining aspects of both the human principles of Truth, Love, and Courage, and the gargoyle’s principles of Control, Passion, and Diligence. The gargoyles displayed a devotion to task and trade that was lacking in many humans, and though as a monk he felt enlightened himself, he thought it his role to enlighten those deemed capable of integrating these additional principles in their lives.

Donal was working on a collection of wisdom called the “Book of Timelessness.” This book represented the gargoyle principles found in the Book of Circles, combined with the human principles. It was a work in progress, containing teachings that would help those familiar with the human principles to explore the gargoyle principles.

Many gargoyles were cooperative with Donal’s peacemaking efforts, but some misunderstood the monk’s intentions. Donal has learned from young Raelyn McKie that there is an aggressive gargoyle in the woods. The area surrounding the Abbey is one of a peaceful relationship between the gargoyles and humans, so Donal is confused by the aggression.

Your task will be to aid Donal the Monk in sorting out this misunderstanding. Meet at the Counselor’s Hall in Britain, Trammel for further details.

Book of Timelessness Event
(PvM event, Trammel-based)

Saturday, June 27th at 5pm Pacific, 6:00pm Mountain, 7:00pm Central, 8:00pm Eastern, 4:00pm Alaska, 2:00am Sunday in France.

All fighting styles welcome! Be sure to make sure your insurance coffer is full

To catch up on the previous fiction, check out these biographies:
Taryn Sullivan’s Biography
Raelyn McKie’s Biography

R

Robthemilt

Do these books have special marks or something seperating them from regular books?

The reason id like to know is because if they are different from regular books i'd like to get ahold of them for my library. But i tend to work during events.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminder: This event is this evening ... I'm still out of town and using a laptop, so won't be able to attend to report on the event. If someone gets screenshots, etc., please post them!

M

Michael Wolf

I have plans for tonight otherwise I'd love to cover it for you.

M

Michael Wolf

Change of plans. I'll cover this for you.. Be there shortly...

M

Michael Wolf

I'll get a full report done on this by Monday or Tuesday but let me say this, We have a Great pair of EM's, That was a blast!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll get a full report done on this by Monday or Tuesday but let me say this, We have a Great pair of EM's, That was a blast!
I have been told that if you truly enjoy/appreciate what EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan are doing and would like their supervisor(s) to know what a great job they're doing, you can leave EM event specific feedback on this form. In the subject line go down to 'positive feedback' and select it.

R

Robthemilt

I'd like to know what happend. Where can I find the report?

M

Michael Wolf

I'd like to know what happend. Where can I find the report?

My sincere appologies, I'm laggin' on this. I probably won't have time to work on it until over this weekend, I'll do my best to get posted as soon as I can.

M

Michael Wolf

Once again I must appolgize. I have a family emergency and need to leave town for a few days. I'm sure I won't get to this before next weekend at the earliest.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again I must appolgize. I have a family emergency and need to leave town for a few days. I'm sure I won't get to this before next weekend at the earliest.
Waffler! Seriously, take care of your family emergency, it has to be way more important than UO.