• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Battle On High Seas - A Felucca Event

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Battle on high seas
By EMSeppo

Thief master sat quietly in the poorly lit chambers as he watched the man and woman sitting in front of him arguing with each other.

They were the representatives of a loose alliance of independent merchants who had approached him few weeks ago seeking information about the purpose of Lord Gideon presence in Britain. Having suffered major setbacks in the shipping trade at the hands of Gideon’s enterprise, they watched nervously as Gideon was allowed residence in Lord British’s castle.

Thief master: I believe I have met my part of the bargain. I wish you luck in your venture.

*rises from his seat, slightly bowing his head*

Ursula: Wait, what is this? You have just informed us that Gideon is negotiating a royal favor with Lord Casca! You must help us!

Thief master: *gives an exaggerated shrug* I fail to see how this concerns me or my clan.

Ursula: Now, now, master thief. Don’t be so coy. You know very well that such an alliance could swing the balance of power in favor of the crown! Surely, your interests do not match such a scenario?

Olin: *impatient* Just think, man! Lord Casca working together with a shipping monopoly would have the ability to choke the populace at his will.

*looks around nervously*

Not that I am suggesting that our good king, may light guide him, would abuse but the erstwhile fragmented trade has always acted as a check against the possibility of this happening.

Thief master: *looking casually* I suppose I can be of assistance for a small fee.

Olin: Anything!

Thief master: *nods* There is more to this story than I have said so far. After learning the nature of Gideon’s negotiations with Casca, I used my best spies to uncover more details. Their efforts were not in vain.

*pauses*

I have discovered that Casca has given a mission to Gideon to test him. If Gideon were to fail at this mission, his plans will come to a screeching halt.

Ursula: *blinks* And what would be the nature of this mission?

Thief master: It is quite simple actually. Casca wants Gideon to arrange for the transport of some shipment in Felucca by this very Saturday.

Olin: *laughs* Then we have nought to worry as Gideon and his cronies have no presence in Felucca to this date.

Thief master: *raises his eyebrows* Not what my spies tell me. I have heard that Gideon is busy hiring mercenaries and sailors for this very task.

Ursula: We must sabotage this mission at any cost! *ponders* If we knew the route of this shipment, we could intercept them! Steal the cargo!

Thief master: *smiles* And this is where I earn my small fee!

*spreads out a cloth map of the lands and surrounding seas*

*pointing on the map* This is where they plan to load the shipment and this is where I would plan to intercept.

Event Announcement
Players are asked to pre-register for this event. In case it was not clear, this event will take place in Felucca on Saturday June 6th at 5:00 PM PST.

Rules
1) In order to participate, you must sign up with one of the two teams: Gideon’s Red Team, Independent trader’s Blue Team.
2) You may not attack someone in your team at any time
3) Blue team must steal Red team’s cargo in order to win
4) Red team must secure all of its cargo in order to win
5) You must wear the team uniform (robe) during the entire event. This means if your suit includes a shroud, then you will have to ditch it.

Notes
1) It is advised to not be part of a guild during the event but it is not necessary
2) You may join either of the team on any character of your choice, regardless of murder or faction status
3) This event is in many ways a test run for more challenging Felucca events in the future. I hope that everyone is able to play within the very simple rules outlined above.
4) If we are not able to get a reasonable amount of people signed up then the event will be postponed or canceled. Please spread the word to anyone you think that might be interested in joining.
5) All participants are requested to have insurance turned on and have ample gold left in the bank
6) You may register by following this link and replying to EM Seppo's post. Please specify your character name and which side you wish to join.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminder: You must pre-register for this event. You may register by following this link and replying to EM Seppo's post. Please specify your character name and which side you wish to join.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Update From: Golden Brew Tavern
all updated info will have a *

Battle on High Seas - Rules and Registration

By EMSeppo
Go back to —> Battle on high seas plot
Event Announcement
Players are asked to pre-register for this event. In case it was not clear, this event will take place in Felucca on Saturday June 6th at 5:00 PM PST.
Rules
1) In order to participate, you must sign up with one of the two teams: Gideon’s Red Team, Independent traders’ Blue Team.
2) You may not attack another member of your team at any time during the event
3) Blue team’s goal is to steal Red team’s cargo
4) Red team’s goal is to secure all of its cargo
*5) You must wear the team uniform (robe and shoes) during the entire event
*6) All players are requested to turn off their guild tag to alleviate guild tensions
*7) You may register by commenting on this post; Specify your character name and which side you wish to join (click here to sign up)
Notes
*1) None of the boats will be locked and hence, you will be able to board them
2) You may join either of the team on any character of your choice, regardless of murder or faction status
3) This event is in many ways a test run for more challenging Felucca events in the future. I hope that everyone is able to play within the very simple rules outlined above.
*4) If we are not able to get a reasonable amount of people signed up then the event will be postponed or canceled. Please spread the word to anyone you think that might be interested in joining. I am hoping for at least 15 people per team.
5) All participants are requested to have insurance turned on and have ample gold left in the bank
*6) Starting locations will be announced closer to the event and all boats will be supplied
*7) Worthwhile to keep in mind that some templates will not be as useful as compared to others in a boat fight

Roster (so far)

Gideon’s Fleet: Athena, Lil Debi (M!S), Mikali McVie, DixieLoneStar, Cymidei Fier (DT)
Independent Traders’ Fleet: Yourself, Spyder Kittyn, Renegade,Sir Guildies, Give’r Da Onion, SuperKen, Tofu TwentyOne, Mr. Krabs, Keiryan, Robin Hood, Balljoint, Jackal, Monk, DB

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm 3 to 1 blue to red... Gideon better start recruiting. MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

C

Cymidei Fier

Why is it no one ever wants to be on the bad guy's team? :wall:

B

Bucko the Kid

Why is it no one ever wants to be on the bad guy's team? :wall:
I can't be there but I'll be on Gidion's team dropping artillery from the sky as I fly overhead on my winged beast.

Sounds like it's going to be a blast! Have fun ya'll.

Bucko the Kid

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
update from GoldenBrewTavern.com

Battle on high seas:

Meeting locations
By EMSeppo

Indy Traders Alliance Supporters (Blue Team)
Starting location: Occlo (Felucca) docks
Time: 5:00 PST
———————————————————–

Gideon’s followers (Red Team)
Starting location: Cove (Felucca) docks
Time: 5:15 PST
———————————————————–

Please take time to read the rules one more time.
Remember if you cannot follow the rules then you are only hurting yourself as it will mean less events in Felucca.

Also, if you have any friends online during the start of the event that have not registered, feel free to invite them (especially Red Team!!)