• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Attention!!! The Society of Archers Castle Is In Decay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today a friend messaged me about a castle in decay ... I went to check it out, and it is the Society of Archers Castle. The condition is 'Somewhat Worn', we don't have a lot of time .. the guildstone is still in the upstairs corner .. If the castle falls, the guildstone will be lost forever. Can we try to save the guildstone and have it placed somewhere ... such as the Faire Grounds ... so it can be preserved as an important part of Baja's history?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

Knowing the IDOC community to be EXTREMELY well informed, it probably hasn't done any additional harm posting this publicly.

That said, having the Castle and Guildstone decay away would indeed be a tragedy.

I'm sure word of this has been sent to Theoran (but just to be sure I have sent him word of it), and hopefully he will be able to contact the current owner, and to influence him to help save this for the Society of Archers.

I doubt any in game staff (GM's, EM's, Mesanna etc) will take any action pertaining to this. However, if they would be willing to intercede, I would hope they would have EA take ownership of the Castle rather than let it fall.

As for the Guildstone, my preference would be for it to be given to the next Guild Leader of the Society of Archers.

Let us hope (and pray) this emergency ends well, rather than tragically.

Elladan of Baja for Aerowyn of S|A

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The GM's, EM's, etc. can not interfer with game play by taking ownership of the castle, hence it is up to those of us who wish to see some of the S|A history preserved to try to salvage what we can. Houses can be replaced, guildstones can not.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The GM's, EM's, etc. can not interfer with game play by taking ownership of the castle, hence it is up to those of us who wish to see some of the S|A history preserved to try to salvage what we can. Houses can be replaced, guildstones can not.
While this may appear to be so, EA/OSI has taken ownership of houses previously.

Do we know the most likely day and time when the Castle may fall?

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well now that is has been posted, people from other shards are going to come and try to place and loot. So much for preserving the stuff for baja.

Going to be insane now that its been posted. :thumbdown:

If you truly cared about this place you would delete this post before many more people see it, and try to contact the owner through proper channels. (Pm Icq Email Freinds etc)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well now that is has been posted, people from other shards are going to come and try to place and loot. So much for preserving the stuff for baja.

Going to be insane now that its been posted. :thumbdown:

If you truly cared about this place you would delete this post before many more people see it, and try to contact the owner through proper channels. (Pm Icq Email Freinds etc)
That is your opinion, and I respect that. The other channels, including phone calls were attempted first, to no avail. It's not like we have a month, or even a week, to try to do something about this. There's not a lot in the castle except a few pieces of Baja's S|A history that will not survive the fall to be looted.
When the Tower at Avalon fell, no one said a word until after the fall ... Then there were the folks asking, 'Why weren't we told ahead of time? maybe we could have done something to save some of that history.'
This is not about the castle, it is about the irreplaceable items such as S|A's guildstone.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is your opinion, and I respect that. The other channels, including phone calls were attempted first, to no avail. It's not like we have a month, or even a week, to try to do something about this. There's not a lot in the castle except a few pieces of Baja's S|A history that will not survive the fall to be looted.
When the Tower at Avalon fell, no one said a word until after the fall ... Then there were the folks asking, 'Why weren't we told ahead of time? maybe we could have done something to save some of that history.'
This is not about the castle, it is about the irreplaceable items such as S|A's guildstone.
Sara, I do not believe you posted this publicly to be malicious. However, posting it publicly will almost certainly guarantee a mob of folks in attendance when it falls. Lag will be worse, many will be trying to place house(s) where it falls while others will be trying to grab what they may. Sadly griefers will target the very items you mention.

I believe you were well intentioned, but I also believe you used extremely poor judgement in posting this publicly.

Let us hope all ends well.

Elladan of Baja

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one do not think she was wrong to post this.
Believe it or not even PvPers do care about history (not all, but some). When Avalon fell we all know PvM was the ones who looted it, and within a few days they showed up at Dawn's door step and handed WildStar some books that were in the Tower.
Sadly they were the OSI books which arent too hard to come by, but the thought alone counts.
Do not knock those who you haven't met, just because some play PKs or griefers, does not mean they dont have a heart.
I for one will be hopefull that people will try to help Baja keep its history. Especially since we have already lost SO much of it already, and all within a year span.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elladan,

You also are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. We all make judgement decisions every day. My judgement call on this was to bring it to the attention of people that might be able to help locate the person or persons who can actually do something about saving some of Baja's history. If anyone has a better idea, please post it.

The items mentioned will not be available to looters ... Since the guildstone is placed, it will poof ... disappear ... vanish ...

If someone wants to loot the empty containers, chairs, tables, etc., so be it. I wish them luck. No one will be attempting to place when the structure falls as there is now a placement timer. At some point in the day, someone will be able to place on that spot, maybe more there will be more than one house placed ... * shrugs * Again, this is not about the castle or the lag or the cross sharders, it is about the irreplaceable items such as S|A's guildstone.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to say, but the owner of this castle probably does not care. They knew 3 months ago when they closed the account, that it would fall with everything in it. :sad3:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to say, but the owner of this castle probably does not care. They knew 3 months ago when they closed the account, that it would fall with everything in it. :sad3:
Actually a lot of times its because the player doesnt know that UO was on an expired credit card...

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

I agreed with Sara about posting this. It's not about the house it's more about the guildstone. That's the key piece of history there. IMO I would love to see it saved and put near the Skara Archery range. That would be a fitting place for.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

I agreed with Sara about posting this. It's not about the house it's more about the guildstone. That's the key piece of history there. IMO I would love to see it saved and put near the Skara Archery range. That would be a fitting place for.
I also wish to see the Guildstone saved. However, it has been claimed that if the Castle falls the stone vanishes.

I fail to see why, if anyone is able to intercede, why they would lock the stone down at the Fairegrounds rather than return it to the Guild.

Elladan for Aerowyn of S|A

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also wish to see the Guildstone saved. However, it has been claimed that if the Castle falls the stone vanishes.

I fail to see why, if anyone is able to intercede, why they would lock the stone down at the Fairegrounds rather than return it to the Guild.

Make sure that history doesn't have a chance to get lost again? This event alone should prove that if something like this can be saved, let's get it to a safe place where the entire shard that has loved and enjoyed this can see it.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

I think it is a fitting place for the guild stone and I would think its members, past and present would agree.
S|A started the BSR and I think placing it where it is most famous is a HUGE tribute to the guild

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure that history doesn't have a chance to get lost again? This event alone should prove that if something like this can be saved, let's get it to a safe place where the entire shard that has loved and enjoyed this can see it.
That "might" be a good idea IF the guild no longer existed. Perhaps every Guilds stone should be stolen from them also under the pretense it was for "the common good."

S|A will rise anew, like the Phoenix. When it does, if its Guildstone still exists it shouldnt be locked down on public display, it shoould be in the Guilds possession.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't we putting the cart ahead of the horse here? How about we find out if there is a way to save the stone before there are arguments over where it should go?

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That "might" be a good idea IF the guild no longer existed. Perhaps every Guilds stone should be stolen from them also under the pretense it was for "the common good."

S|A will rise anew, like the Phoenix. When it does, if its Guildstone still exists it shouldnt be locked down on public display, it shoould be in the Guilds possession.

I think I am more curious as to what the members (again new and old) would think.
Personally I think its a very nice and wonderful honor to the guild. The guild founded BSR and to have the stone where the BSR is still held to this very day would only have people ask "why is that guild stone there" and I am sure anyone would be more than happy to explain to them the history of SA

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm I'm pretty sure that being locked down at the Skara Range is on Public display and I find it hard to believe that anyone would deny that most guilds that are dwindling as the SA is/has, wouldn't be honored to have their guildstone on display marking something remarkable as the BSR Range. Sounds sort of selfish to me to hold back that piece of history.

R

RD Gumbie

Aren't we putting the cart ahead of the horse here? How about we find out if there is a way to save the stone before there are arguments over where it should go?
The deed to the stone falls when the house falls, so id have to agree with Ultimate power here. Delete it and have baja peps try to get itmost baja peps would prolly return it.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I'm pretty sure that being locked down at the Skara Range is on Public display and I find it hard to believe that anyone would deny that most guilds that are dwindling as the SA is/has, wouldn't be honored to have their guildstone on display marking something remarkable as the BSR Range. Sounds sort of selfish to me to hold back that piece of history.
So an existing Guild, with members, is selfish to want to retain its own Guild's Guildstone???

I guess as a current member of S|A, one dedicated to seeing it once again grow and flourish, I am unable to understand your view. Your view sounds terribly collectivist.

Some have wondered what former members think on the topic. I confess that while I am interested what all current members (who play) think, I care much less what those who have abandoned the Guild and/or the game think.

Time will pass, and what happens will happen. I remain confident the Baja Chapter of the Society of Archers will arise anew. Hopefully its next Guild Leader will choose members more carefully than some did in past days.

Aerowyn of S|A (having shoved Elladan aside) :)>]

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen a guildstone redeed when a house falls. And what I was told about the Avalon guildstone by people who were at that IDOC is .. it sat out in the open until it decayed. It couldn't be picked up, it couldn't be redeeded with a hatchet.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well sticks and stones Elladan. You just proved what sort you are imo.

However as a mod I am closing this thread I invite any further discussion into PM's. This thread was meant to inform and maybe save a bit of history, I'm sorry it has turned into this debate it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.