• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Atlantic Mage Tournament Saturday December 13th

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Atlantic Mage Tournament
Saturday, December 13th, 2008

5:30 pm Central

Entry Fee:5 Mil

Prizes:
1st Place: 65% of the pot
2nd Place: 20% of the pot
3rd Place: 15% of the pot
(Other prizes may be available depending on attendance)

Rules:
Spellbooks/Lanterns Equipped
Only Mage Spells
No precasting
No Potions
No Enchanted Apples
No Wands
No Necromancy, Spirit Speak, Spellweaving, Chivalry, Healing, Bushido, or Poisoning Skill.
No Weapon Skill or Mage Weapons
No Petals
No Summons/Pets
No Magic Reflect Items
Backpacks must be empty (reagents are an exception)
(if these rules aren't clear enough then.....icq/pm me with any questions you have...)

Each Player will be snooped before dueling

Any player caught cheating will be disqualified and forfeit their 5 mil.

On the day of the tournament players will be given further information on where the duels will take place.

To sign up ICQ: 360-504-199 or pm me.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. No egos, no trash talk...just fun clean mage dueling.

Thanks for sending this in for everyone Alexei. If you want to repost the Players Signed Up underneath this so you can edit it as you like...that'd be fine...

On behalf of Goodman's Rune Library (shameless plug) I'd like to offer 3 Million Gold pieces as a donation towards more prizes. Please pm me so we can meet if you are interested.

Thank you! Hope lots of folks on Atlantic will turn out. We used to have them years ago and they were alot of fun...

Andrasta
Atlantic Librarian & Reporter
GRL

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot!

Players Signed Up:
Ngraskel (Paid)
Tanis (Paid)
Chucko
Gemmineye
Nexed
Sprawl
Paithan
Nickel
Dragkiris
Stinky
Talos
Samantha Carter
Forsaken (sp)
Invictus
Draxous
Amduscias

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please use this Thread for further nothices about your event.

Thanks in advance

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There will also be side prizes due to donations made by several people.

I would also like to add a question was raised if they could use protection and cast fields....

There will be no protection (the spell)..I assumed everyone that mage duels knew this..I guess not though.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a duel without pots could a mage in protection actually kill anyone lol?

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This tournament is going to be loads of fun, already a lot of people entered. There are so many prizes / side giveaways that the majority will walk away with something.
Also a shame this can't be added to the event calender. It is empty right now..

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This tournament is going to be loads of fun, already a lot of people entered. There are so many prizes / side giveaways that the majority will walk away with something.
Also a shame this can't be added to the event calender. It is empty right now..
Actually this event has been submitted to the calendar several times but it seems we are having some issues with it. Both Tazar & Alexei submitted it when the event was first posted here. I just tried it again myself and hopefully you can see it. If not, we will submit a fix request.

Since I got my first reporter lesson this week, you can see the Tournament listed on the Main Stratics page today!

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done!! I see it on the calendar now!! *purrs* Lookin forward to this event!

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet it is there:)

Not on the main calender though.

And I am looking forward to it as well. I wish there was not a lag issue so everyone could come and watch, hopefully those who paid into the pot can atleast watch, and we have someone recording the fights to post on youtube.

Or, maybe after the tourney is done, the winner gets to duel faaip (coordinator, hes not too shabby) or someone and everyone is aloud to come and watch and see what a duel is all about.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only 3 people who signed up and paid were HOT members. So the next time you see someone boasting about their dueling ability, but are not a HOT member, just laugh at them.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard nothing from Alexei today so I would assume that this event is cancelled.

He did tell me last week that the people who paid had been refunded. Hopefully some day he will return and rebuild.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He announced last night that the tournament was canceled due to only 3 people signing up officially, all of which were HOT members.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He announced last night that the tournament was canceled due to only 3 people signing up officially, all of which were HOT members.
LOL. 1 person in HOT can beat me in a duel. NGRASKEL. Any other mage in hot is just plain trash.

E

Escobar_TDT

So did this happen or no? Says Dec. 13 but no winner. Or is this Link's tourny posponed?

T

Tazar

I don't think that the event on the 13th actually happened. Sadly, the host of the event lost their grandfathered house (Missed a refresh deadline) shortly before the event and that house was to host the event and was storing the prizes... :(

Hope to see more player events coming soon!