• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Atlantic Bagball League

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ishtar

<center>
</center>

<center>Ladies and Gentlemen!

The Atlantic Bagball League is kicking off the 2008 season has eight Different Teams!
</center>

-Each team is represents by 3 upstanding players
-A total of 16 games will be played every Saturday night 2 games will be played
-Awards Gold & Prizes will be handed out Each Game
-Final Event 2 teams will Play for a chance to win 10 million Gold

<center>How Do I Get Signed Up?</center>

Get three (3) of your friends together Pick a city and PM me using the Stratics board messaging system and Include, City Name, Player Names, And contact info (ICQ,AIM,EMAIL ETC).

<center>Can i watch the games on Saturday?</center>

YES! That's the whole "real" point. The Stadium has plenty of seating and prizes and event will includethe crowd!

<center>Britannia Knights

Vesper Dolphins

Moonglow Wizards

Skara Legion

Trinsic Justice

Cove Rush

Luna Lancers

Umbra Magic

Malas stadium
</center>

<center>Teams</center>
Each city/guild that wishes to participate in a game must assemble a team. Each team consists of three players, but can have any number of members, and must have unique colors. One member from each team will be designated as the captain and coach of the team. The game is played without goalies, and team members are responsible for stopping goals.

<center>About the Game</center>
The game is played on a grassy field. A bright yellow bagball, filled with 15000+ stones worth of ore, more than any character can carry or trade, is used as the bagball. The object of the game is to drag the
bagball into the opposing team's goal to score a point!

<center>Playing Bagball</center>
Each team takes their starting positions on their sides of the field. The referee will count down from "three" and then drop the bagball on the sand tile in the center of the field. At this point, both teams
will come rushing toward the center, will fight to grab the ball and drag it along the field.

Some of the key rules are:
-The bagball must be dragged along the ground to other team members!
-To score a goal, you must FIRST drop the bagball on the sandstone goalline, THEN immediately in the opposing team's goal. (European bagball rules for more challenging games.)
-The first team to 10 points wins the game!

<center>Penalties</center>
To keep the game fair and fun, some penalties may be awarded by the referee. When the referee declares a penalty the game will stop and both teams will move to their starting positions for a new face off

Some of the penalties include:
-Standing idly on the opposing team's sandstone goal line, or green
grassy goal area
-Holding onto the bagball for too long (3 seconds or so)
-Picking up the bagball and running
-Trading the bagball
-Removing the ore from the bagball
-Intentionally blocking the bagball with spammed-text, items, etc
-Using potions or spells other than night sight
-Hiding or stealthing
-Riding a horse (ethereal included)
-Adding additional bagballs, or other items to the field
-Using spells to raise Stamina

S

StaticOnAtlantic

GET EXCITED EVERYONE ABL IS COMING!

PM ME FOR SPOTS!

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Atlantic PLAYERS! WE need teams put togather!. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS DOWN BELOW AND SEND ME A PM!. ITS EASY. WILL BE PLAYED ON SATURDAYS.

PM ME NOW!

Get three (3) of your friends together Pick a city and PM me using the Stratics board messaging system and Include, City Name, Player Names, And contact info (ICQ,AIM,EMAIL ETC).

G

HOT guild will put up a team, we'll take Cove Rush if it is available.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Jc if you could please PM ME with 3 members names, contact info etc. With the Team Name!

Thanks JC

S

StaticOnAtlantic

<center>Ladies and Gent's! HOT Guild has stepped up the plate.

<center>1st. Round (HOT) chooses Cove Rush!</center> </center>

<center></center>

<center>
</center>

This Guild is Known for its PVP AND PVM stance inside Ultima Online. Can they Overcome ABL? Could they go for the Champ?

This is a personal attempt to get Other guilds TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE. Atlantic Events take time and money to be put togather!. PLEASE SUPPORT ATLANTIC

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent it along to the GM of MTC. I don't know if they will sign up, being as their best bag ball player cannot be there on Saturday nights.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Well Saturdays are Tenitive It could be moved to Friday really or Sunday Just depends with what the overall populus says

S

StaticOnAtlantic

<center>Ladies and Gent's! MTC Guild has Made there choice! After Much Debate!

a Premier roleplaying guild on atlantic, MTC Has been around for 8 and a half (or so) years. Proud members of the ARPC (Atlantic Roleplayers Community) WOW LOADED PACKED TEAM FULL OF TALENT! GET READY!

2nd Round (MTC) chooses Moonglow Wizards!

</center>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jc if you could please PM ME with 3 members names, contact info etc. With the Team Name!

[/ QUOTE ]
We would just pull together 3 guildmembers who want to participate when the event occurs, there would be really not set team. If there is going to be one this weekend it would probably not be a good idea because of the UO event.

T

Tazar

We would like to put forth a team as well, but face the same issue JC has. Getting people to fully commit to an uncertain timetable for several weeks in a row is difficult at best. If we can do flexible teams as JC suggested, then you would already have us signed up!

Safe Journeys!

Tazar

I

imported_AtlanticVlad

What time a day are we looking at? And when does this start? If I can I'd love to play I think there should be three of me by then...

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Where looking to start the 2nd week of april. After spring break etc. also give some time for teams to practice!.

We are looking now at Sunday's, Have 2 games on sunday One at 3pm and one at 6pm East coast time.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Also if your having a hard time to commit to playing PLEASE PLEASE pm me about being an offical reffery. I NEED some players to assist in the process.

Thanks guys!

F

Fallon Valor

I mentioned this to EMs Nestor and Eris, Static. They seemed intrigued. EM Eris even mentioned the possability of inter-shard contests.

If you're willing to re-organize, you should definitely contact our EMs. They could make it happen!

S

StaticOnAtlantic

For everyone who doesnt know what this is:

Last year i started this, created the team logos and put togather teams etc.

The conception was GREAT but Without EM'S it was Very hard to controle.

Our first game kicked off at Luna bagball field, and was very quickly ended as griefers got onto the field and stole our bagball. Which in turn moved to my house, The field was very small and hard to put togather.

I propose putting this togather again and have a 10mill Team prize, maybe some EM event items (Currently getting ahold of EM's).

Let me know what you guys think!

Fallon valor- ICQ'ed you back.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to get involved. although Saturdays and Sundays don't work to well for me Fridays are good thought. But I don't have a team yet *Looks at the "Imported AtlatnicVlad" that's just creepy... We should get a team of Vlads together though haha.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Ill keep you guys updated and EXCEPT a Breaking News event VERY SOON!