• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] An Interview With Longtime Baja Resident Lord Frigin Azim

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently I had the great fortune of running into Lord Frigin Azim, a resident of Baja since October, 1997.

We spoke of his experiences with shipwreck recovery and of how it helped form his philosophical outlook that is printed in his profile. Then reminisced of his days as a merchant with his partner, Randum Sycoseas, in their historic vendor house, The Heroic Stoic, which is located (but is no longer an active vendor house) very near the current location of Frigin's personal archery range.

Frigin Azim is also a long-time competitor of the Best Shot In The Realm, and the winner of the very first Tournament of Champions. He couldn't remember with certainty, but said he begin competing in either the 2nd or 3rd monthly competition, and was a regular, attending all but a few of the tournaments over the years. In response to the question, 'Will you be competing in the upcoming BSR?', Frigin's answer was a hearty and strong, 'Indeed!'.

Lord Azim then graciously invited me to view his personal archery range, where he spends many hours arduously honing and perfecting his skill with a bow. (With all his hours of diligent practice, Frigin will no doubt be a favorite and a strong challenger in the upcoming BSR.) He also extended an offer for the use of his archery range to any guilds or groups interested in holding archery competitions.

As I made my preparations to leave, Frigin was becoming preoccupied with a water-soaked message and making plans to set sail to yet another shipwreck recovery location in search of adventure and fortune.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually managed to stumble upon Falkor's Tavern & Archery Club the other night (I'm not stalking you, I swear!). Its an awesome looking home, Sir Azim. *Smiles*

Good luck in the upcoming tournement!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Heroic Stoic holds many memories for me. It was one of the first vendor houses I was ever gated to by another player. I don't remember now what I was searching for, probably something as a basic as bench or small table for my first house. The vendors there offered the finest of furniture and add-ons, in addition to runebooks; full or empty spellbooks and individual scrolls for every circle of magery, finely crafted GM armor bagged in sets that were labeled things like: Full Plate, Archer Leather, etc.; shipwreck items; and many many more items. I always felt like a kid in a candy store when viewing the fine items offered for sale there.

It was also the first place I met the humbling wrath of a Reaper!