• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Alchemist's Alacrity

S

Shiel

Join us at (the Barracks) on Wednesday the 14th at 7.30pm to help an old Alchemist. No skill required!

Such was the message Lucy had to offer us..

I waited at the Barracks for people to arrive. While I did a logbook caught my eye and I wondered whether the genie statue was safe. I also wondered who Watchman Calderon was.. and whether he would be available for an interview at some stage.. but that is a reporter's perogative.

Speaking of Interviews.. I should also corner our new Queen or the Gargish one at some stage.. royalty always makes for good interviews.. so it is said. I have officially asked for their comments - we will see how that goes.

Lucy greeted us and talked with us for a short while. She announced that the rewards from the last zoo food event will be placed shortly (after this event hopefully!) I am sorry that I missed that one..but for those involved it was so spoken :)

Tonight, an old Alchemist (slightly eccentric..) needed our help to mix his potions. Lucy gated us to the old Counsellor Guild hall at Serpents Hold, where the three Serpent Statues still stand vigil. The Serpent Temple in Tortoise Lagoon is still accessible too! You will need some passwords however.. I will have to dig those up for you (They are from an old event when Cerulean and Sienna were still around).

Barney the Famed Alchemist stood awaiting us - apologies for the lack of a screenshot of him personally.. it seems he is a little camera shy.
He explained the rules to us. The three contestants stand behind the benches. Then he places a book containing the potion ingredients in the box. Once he says go..

we run and collect all the ingredients, add them to the pouch and grind the potion loudly! The first one to finish advances to the next round.

The first three contestants were Twinkle and Raven of EOB and Lord Vasagralem. They waited for their cue.. and with a go! they were off to collect the necessary ingredients.

When they were checked, Raven won the first round! The correct brewing for the Trinsic Battle Elixir! It contains no nightshade (Twinkle wanted to poison it!) and also needs ale (which Lord Vasagralem missed).
The other ingredients were:

The second round was for Cook, Illusionry of EOB and Lord Obsequious.
Illusionry was fastest making the Wrath of the Ferret!

Its ingredients were as follows:

The third round.. I got to compete! with Quinua and Smokeless Fire of (GawD).
We made the Charlatan's Blight potion!

Its ingredients were as follows:

Unfortunately, I was too slow.. Quinua advanced to the final from our round.

The three finalists waited nervously while the books were placed..
Raven, Quinua and Illusionry were the three..

The final they made the Zombie something potion!
Its ingredients were..

As they raced to the finish..

Raven finished first! Yet it seems it didn't quite mix right.. he had forgotten an egg and one nightshade..no tan for that Zombie..

Illusionry finished next.. but..

The winner was Quinua! Congratulations to Quinua!!
All present and correct!

After which we were all give Cloaks of Silence as Rewards. One more pic of us all wandering round in them hehe

Thank you Barney for allowing us to assist you!

and thank you kindly for the books so I could display all of the ingredients for the report (Im sorry for publicly announcing it all... but I am a reporter after all..)

The original books will go on display in the Oceanian Event Museum.

Keep an eye on the Pantomime Horse (Rewards Hall) in Malas.. we were told there will be an award there for Quinua.

I met Aeon and Vespera at the Homestead placing the zoo rewards after the event - they told me that only some of the awards have been placed because some of them were incorrectly labeled and needed to be fixed/remade. They say they will have them in place as soon as they can.

One more piece of news.. after receiving several requests for event notification in Luna, they are going to consider doing so. They have not confirmed this.. but hopefully that will happen for the next one :)

To close the report - a few pictures of Miss Echo's lovely winning design at Britain Bank. Well Done, M'Lady - it looks wonderful.

Shiel.