• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Adventure on the High Seas: House Boats

T

Tazar

With the upcoming “Adventure on the High Seas” booster pack, I thought it might be a good idea to see something from people that are playing on the high-seas already. Many players have designed house-boats over the years. Below are two that I found.

First, I visited one that I know of on the Atlantic Shard. The home located in Trammel along the main road just east of the Britain Swamp and it is named “Catch and Release” by Robisart. The house Bulletin Board states that the house was
Built in December 2008 in honor and memory of my father, Robert (aka Bob). This is a replica of the fantastic “Pirate’s booty” by Dragon Slave of Napa Valley. Thanks for Visiting! – Kitiara.
The home is a wonderful tribute and well worth visiting. I wonder: Does the original on Napa Valley still exist today?

Next I ventured over to Europa having heard rumor of one in Trammel on Marble Island. On the northern shore of the island, I found “Tir Na Nog Harbor” by Angelo Dasanta. The location of this home creates the illusion that the ship is actually afloat in the ocean with waves crashing about the ship.

I was already looking forward to the new booster pack, but seeing these homes have made me even more eager! It’s time to sail with the high-tide.

I am sure there are many others out there… please post any others you may find below.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still not good at taking pictures. *giggles* But I've seen another boat-themed house. Its located on GL in Luna. (First house south of the east exit: MS Love boat owner:Tas)
While the ship itselfs might not be that impressing (especially when compared with the other two of this thread) there are many other nice ideas for house-ships. Personally i really like the sails made of bedrolls.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Excellent story! I especially like the fact that Tir Na Nog Harbor has the ocean spilling into its own, private harbor. Very cool.

T

Tazar

At least I toggled off the interface so you did not get to see 26 hot-bars and all scattered all over. :p

N

Ni-

I guess but honestly I cant tell what anything is in the ec.
hhmmm, That is a little odd. Most of the graphics in those pics are CC graphics ported over to the EC. The few things that aren't consist of the world(terrain/water), and the waves 'splashing up agianst the hull of the boat'.

The graphics of the log cabin, tower grey stone, and other house tiles are all CC ports. Most of the items decorating the house are CC ports.

Maybe the size of the items are throwing you off? I believe these screen shots are zoomed out so that multiple screen shots from the CC don't need to be 'sewn' togather?

I use the EC almost exclisively, so I may just be really used to it.

N

Ni-

hhmmm, That is a little odd. Most of the graphics in those pics are CC graphics ported over to the EC. The few things that aren't consist of the world(terrain/water), and the waves 'splashing up agianst the hull of the boat'.

The graphics of the log cabin, tower grey stone, and other house tiles are all CC ports. Most of the items decorating the house are CC ports.

Maybe the size of the items are throwing you off? I believe these screen shots are zoomed out so that multiple screen shots from the CC don't need to be 'sewn' togather?

I use the EC almost exclisively, so I may just be really used to it.
Oh, I almost forgot! The black line the outlines most of the graphics in the CC client might not be there or they may be really thin. That may give less definition to some items causing them to look different.

A

Alynora

awww! thanks for posting the pic of my ship on Marble Island! (yes, the char Angelo is on a 2nd account of mine)

Pity I hadn't finished some of the deco as I've been tweaking it again. In between the two bookcases is usually the place for a ladder to descend into the hull of the ship.And yes, the banner is usually dyed black, for a skull & crossbones... Now with the High Seas pack I definitely have some more goodies to stretch out the deco :) and now that I've lost the companion house that was next to it (my bad! but you do still see it in these pics) I guess I'll have to redo the harbor illusion on the one side unless I convince my new neighbor to do something :)

PS The white marble thing was supposed to be a type of lighthouse and fit with the theme of marble island... however it didn't quite go as planned. Any suggestions??