• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]A Troublesome Tinker

Legends News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hastily placed lanterns called citizens of Legend to the Counselor Hall tonite. Not knowing what was in store folks geared up and headed to Britain. We were met by Candrin Devar, who told us of a man, a tinker by trade, in Minoc that was wanted for questioning regarding some illegal products he was creating. As Candrin explained, "Tonight we convene because the royal council has given me word that there is a matter of concern in Minoc that requires our attention. A tinker that resides in the town by the name of James Locke has been involved in illegal activities such as the manufacture of illegal weapons and machines. He is thought to be armed and dangerous, and thus I have called for the aid of fellow adventurers to help in this investigation. If he indeed guilty, he is to be brought to justice by any means necessary."

With arrest warrant in hand Candrin Devar led us to Minoc to seek out Locke and return him to the council. It seems that finding him was the easiest part of our adventure. Candrin told him of the purpose of our visit after James Locke's initial confusion in thinking that we were customers to pick up some goods. Realizing that we had him surrounded Locke said "I knew someone would eventually come for me but I also received ample warning and I am afraid I have to respectfully decline your arrest!" And with that he grabbed a letter from the table and threw down a stone and vanished into a dazzling display of sparkles.

Searching the tiny hut we discovered a clue, the word 'recruitment' and a box that would transport us to, it seemed, the place that Locke had fled to, and tapping the box put us in the Gargoyle City of Ilshenar. Searching the area did not produce James Locke, but yet another clue..... this time a scroll which pointed us to the tinker shop of New Haven. A mad dash to Honor shrine and jump by moongate to New Haven and we gathered at the tinker shop there. Scowls from the shop owners did not deter us, and we found yet another clue, this time the word 'injustice' which led us to the paths in the mountains above Covetous. A Shadow Balron guarded the door, but was no match for the army of dragons that our tamers had brought along. A quick trip thru the dungeon brought us to a room with a long table, where lay our next clue. Candrin said "I think our search nears its end." and walked over to a scroll at the far end of the table. " I think this may be our clue A workshop?... Go through and wait for me, I think we may have to prepare for battle"

As we exited the moongate we found ourselves in depths of Exodus Dungeon and searching the area finally took us to Flux Chamber, where we found James Locke. He did not seem to be in any way afraid of being captured. If anything, he appeared to consider himself in control of the situation, and we soon found out why. Looking haughtily at us, and finally resting his gaze directly on Candrin, James Locke spoke, saying "Ahh! I see you all finally found me But you see you cannot harm me. These four crystals protect me with a shield The four guardians of these crystals are scattered around this place, if you want to face me you'll have to get them! Not that you have much of a chance anyway." To which Candrin replied "You had your chance Mr. Locke. I am afraid we will have to bring you in by force now. Everyone! Find the guardians and destroy them! This place is like a maze if you get lost meet up back here!"

James Locke looked at Candrin Devar and spoke low..... "I have been told about you. I have a surprise for you." He then raised up his hand and sent a bolt of lightning towards Candrin and said "This is not your fight. I will have to ask you to leave!" Candrin Devar was powerless against this spell and vanished. We didn't know where he went, but we knew that rescuing him would have to come after the battle with Locke's Guardians. James Locke taunted us by saying "Can you fight without your leader?"

I am happy to report that yes, altho we were worried about Candrin and his safety, we can defeat any sort of contraption that a tinker can think of, it seems! James Locke had created an Icebot Prototype, The Shocker, an Improved Exodus Minion, something called Technician and all were put down in short order by the gallant warriors of Legends. The battles were feverish, and some fell, but we prevailed.

Rushing back to the Flux Chamber we found a more humble tinker, and he shrank away on our approach. It seemed to be an easy task from here on out, simply deliver him to the council and then find Candrin, but it was not to be. There appeared a dark figure, totally unmindful of us, that began to speak to Locke. The Mysterious Figure, hooded and foreboding, said to the tinker "I have been watching you for a long time. Your skill in tinkering is unmatched by anyone elseYou are truly a genius!" He then turned to face all gathered there and said "It was I who sent you that letter. I am starting an organization to free the minds of the hopeless servants to a false idea. This world has been poisoned for far too long" He then made Locke an offer he could not refuse..... to join him, and use his skills as the dark one desired, or stay and be defeated by us. James Locke chose to join him and in parting said "I have a gift for you before I goI have worked on this for months " Bringing a device from his pocket he hollered "Firebot! Kill them all!" and at the same time a fiery golem appeared and the two men vanished in a pillar of flame.

The Firebot 1.0 was defeated and when it was all over Candrin Devar appeared again, a bit confused and puzzled, but really no worse for the wear. At the end of the night we were victorious in battle, but we had failed the mission. Candrin will make his report to the council and hopefully they won't be too harsh on him. Some magics are stronger and quicker than we can be prepared for, but I think the next time we meet James Locke, or the Mysterious Figure, they will not get the opportunity to slip away.

~ submitted by DevilsOwn, Legends News

More...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:blushing: I know, I know, same picture twice..... sorry about that, second one should be battle shot below

L

Lord Urza

Aaw wish i hadnt missed this sounds like it was fun.
Wish there had been a heads up for it.