• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] A Tour With Lord Zavi Torgal Of Sonoma

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Zavi Torgal of Sonoma was kind enough to invite me on a tour of his wonderful castle. He now has his dream home after years of playing in the same location he had a home many years ago.
Halloween is coming, and his castle is a great display of it.
He was also kind enough to help me with the screen shots.

He had some very unique ideas in his house that I haven't seen such as his bed.

When stepped on the bed spurts blood and emits noise. A new use for your bed of nails!

A Brief Interview With Zavi

How long have you been playing Ultima Online?
Well I'd have to think about that. *muttering something about getting old* I suppose it was in the fall of 99 back when this type talk would be OOC and behind a lock door or we would have been killed for it.

What drew you to Ultima Online?
A bunch of friends and I decided to try it. We used to game together but life caused some re locations. This seemed a great way to be able to communicate and share an adventure.

How long have you been interested in the decorating aspect of the game?
Honestly I didn't have a house in the beginning and didn't care. First off I wasn't able to afford one. Second back then there was no way to nail anything down. If you lost your key, you lost you home and with that the contents. It wasn't until the launch of trammel housing that, after MANY MANY crashes, I managed to get a shack. Took a while to get the crafter up to speed but pretty much wanted to make the house mine once I got it. Guess that be close to 10 years of decorating now.

What’s your absolute favorite decorative item?
What's not would be an easier question! I suppose since Halloween is coming up, it is between "The Darkness" recall rune and a pile of skulls. Though I love the singing ball that a friend has loaned me.

If you could have any item in game to use as deco, Including items we see in towns but aren’t available to own, What would it be?
Again with the easy questions!!! To stay on theme, an animated column of flame, it would make a great trap! Or Moonglow observatory, ya.

What’s your favorite deco trick? [stone counters, floating globe.. etc]
Well so much has changed since the deco tool, but still some of the oldies are still good today. I'll go with stacking mixed height objects , toss in a death robe or two, and a crate to smash. Deco tool can only do so much....

What’s the theme of your current home.. If you have one.
The current theme is The Magnicia Memorial...

How did you come up with the theme/idea?
During the destruction of Magnicia I was having some serious lag issues. A friend and I ran an Aide Station at the landing docks. We put out tables of supplies for the taking and did resurrections to people and pet alike. We would on occasion get rubble as tips for our help. I decided to build a garden with them as a memorial to what it once was. Though that is only the roof. Lets me change up the rooms and not have to worry about house names.

L

LoveSpirit

This castle is definately worth viewing. The screenshots do not do all the detail work justice. Go tour it for yourself! Location: 32o 21'N, 25o 1'W

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Awesome report, Kero!

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's so much to see there, It's def worth a trip.

He also has an amazing garden next door, that's actually 3d.
I'll be doing a post on that soon as well.