• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]A... Bar... Room... What? (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Fellow Britannians!

Last night, well, what can I say about last nights Bar Room Brawl? Despite the EM's repeated attempts to please the Feluccan crowd, none of them really came to fight. Ok, let me put that another way. Those who did show, did not come to fight one another. They came as a group, with a plan, and several large pets expecting to mop up Blues and sweep up opposing Faction members. Who were these members of the Feluccan community?

Let's see if I can remember... oh wait... I wrote it down.

Smelly Feet, Darklust, Heinz von Weez, A Dog, A Impulsive Mom, and Midori. Yes, that is six COM members. They came with three non-bonded Greater Dragons, and two non-bonded Bane Dragons. The pets they camped all along the entrance hall, then they gathered around the throne so that A Impusive Mom could sit for the greater part of an hour and win the King of the Bar Room Brawl title. Just like that. One player sat, the others stood around talking about their PvP prowess. harping about the other members of the community who did not show up, and barely containing their ire of the no spell zone they were forced to stand in. Oh wait... then there was the reveal and kill the reporter game for a bit. Much thanks for the going Chicken information I received after denying seven murder counts. That's my new trick, go to Fel as a dead chicken.

When Sangria asked them, in surprise, if they planned on just letting their Faction-mate have the title? A resounding YES! was their reply. They didn't come to fight each other, they came to fight other PvPers. They never attack their own Faction, not even to practice I guess.

After the title was awarded one member cheered! Oh, apparently I also lost. All caps on that one. Oh, and in case you missed it the first time I said it, because I guess the individual thought I did, I lost.

Later, Sangria revealed the hidden objects scattered about. Goblets and Mugs hidden in the skeletons leading into the bar and the crates carrying exploding potions of the conflagration kind. One member left and returned with a lockpick and some skill. No one challenged their right to loot it all.

After everyone had left, I was allowed to live. I suppose I should say thanks, as I did get to witness a very humorous game of chess, err, checkers between EM Sangria and Smelly Feet. And I didn't even have to cluck to do it.

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I must admit that LOAO(the COM guys) were expecting a much better fight then what occured. Sorry if it seemed underhanded that our team stayed so team like but this was our plan and, through 31 minutes of boredom, it worked.

I must add that the reporter seems to slant this article to make it as though our team did not wish to fight, we did but no one bothered to show up. Our guild is a proud supporter of Napa and all of its events, Fel or Tram and we wish EM Sangria nothing but better luck for the next such event be it in Fel or Tram(Fel would be better we think:p).

Sadly in a Fel based event, and with a fairly decent community of Fel based players, I find it shocking that there is such a lack of support from Napa(save for if there is a item to be had of course). I do hope that our little shard steps up a bit and supports the local EM program with positive words and massive attendance.

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Picus, I'm going to go farther than your mentioning the obvious "slant" about the reporting.

You are compaining abot LOAO taking time not only to come to the event (which almost no one else did) but for taking the time for a thoughtful plan? Yes, please by all means gripe about active participants in the EM events, but get all teary-eyed about the players who show up at an event unprepared, with their hands out wanting whatever trinket is being handed-out this time.

While I appreciate that we have a reporter on Napa that posts once in a while, if your posts on the "news" are basically going to be in your slanted view, I for one wish that you would just stfu. You're entitled to your opinion (as we saw when you without fail stuck-up for the guard zone hugging "pvpers"), but then don't report it as "news". You're almost as bad as the main stream media in terms of having your own agenda.

S

Salya Sin

If either of you would read what I wrote... it said... they didn't come to fight each other. They came to fight OTHERS... that did not show up. I talked of their plan... because they did and I clearly stated they had one. I wasn't being an ass about it... I simply stated ONLY what happened. No purple prose on this one.

I didn't flower this one... for one reason. When the players tell me to STFU and get over it when I ask them to let me be... so I can take pics without a gray screen. WHen those same players then decide to make it a goal... to find me and kill me.. and NOT fight each other in the spirit of the event... which totally misses the point of the whole thing. It wasn't about factions or guilds. And I didn't come to be cussed at... or "told off". I volunteer my time for this... hours spent... sometimes days on one story.

Hell... the images I put up were terrible... but the others I got were either filled with snide, rude, and horrible remarks directed at the EM... or were so filled with inappropriate language that I couldn't use them. OR.. they were gray screened.

Sorry if you guys felt slighted... but there was nothing better I could do on this one. I would have loved for this event to have been different. But I can't report what didn't happen... if LOAO wanted respect for showing... I'd have given it to them... actually.. I did... I reported that they were there. I could have NOT reported this one at all. I almost did that. But that would have been disrespectful to the EM who spent a lot of time getting this put together... which... Picus.. the rest of your buddies did NOT show the same respect. Except for one player... after everyone else had left... who apologized for how he/she acted.

I rewrote that article several times btw... waited to post... and rewrote again. I did the best I could. There was nothing more I could say.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw Salya! congratz on the plaque! your doing an awesome job!, most reporters would have said screw this by now! your going above and beyond what any volunteer reporter would do for the shard!, congratz again and thanx!

F

five oclock

hey SS great reporting :D and dont let the bastards get ya down..There are people out there that just want to grief :D

Besides I think your job is tougher than the Ems :D for the ems dont play on this shard... :D

B

Budwieser

If either of you would read what I wrote... it said... they didn't come to fight each other. They came to fight OTHERS... that did not show up. I talked of their plan... because they did and I clearly stated they had one. I wasn't being an ass about it... I simply stated ONLY what happened. No purple prose on this one.

I didn't flower this one... for one reason. When the players tell me to STFU and get over it when I ask them to let me be... so I can take pics without a gray screen. WHen those same players then decide to make it a goal... to find me and kill me.. and NOT fight each other in the spirit of the event... which totally misses the point of the whole thing. It wasn't about factions or guilds. And I didn't come to be cussed at... or "told off". I volunteer my time for this... hours spent... sometimes days on one story.

Hell... the images I put up were terrible... but the others I got were either filled with snide, rude, and horrible remarks directed at the EM... or were so filled with inappropriate language that I couldn't use them. OR.. they were gray screened.

Sorry if you guys felt slighted... but there was nothing better I could do on this one. I would have loved for this event to have been different. But I can't report what didn't happen... if LOAO wanted respect for showing... I'd have given it to them... actually.. I did... I reported that they were there. I could have NOT reported this one at all. I almost did that. But that would have been disrespectful to the EM who spent a lot of time getting this put together... which... Picus.. the rest of your buddies did NOT show the same respect. Except for one player... after everyone else had left... who apologized for how he/she acted.

I rewrote that article several times btw... waited to post... and rewrote again. I did the best I could. There was nothing more I could say.
Sayla. You did good.
That's all.
The Bud

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry if I came across heavy handed, I must have misread the tone in your reporting.

S

Salya Sin

Thanks everyone!

My tone was a bit off... but I honestly didn't know what else to do about this one. It was what it was..

Thanks again!