• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] 2008 Valentines Scavenger Hunt

G

A small crowd gathered around the new gazebo at the yew waterfalls this morning, all waiting for some sign that the hunt was going to begin.
The numbers were few, many Oceanians still sleeping off a big night, but there were still enough for some competition.
In the midst of chatter, a new voice was heard,
"Hello everyone!"
It was Adida one of the live event members.

After a quick meet and greet she filled us in on what the scavenger hunt was all about...

After that was all said and done, she placed a pink chest on the steps full of, you guessed it!
Pink pouches!
Inside were 2 books. One which you wrote your name into and the other giving you a list of the items you needed to collect.

As soon as people grabbed their bags they took off to get the items and here is the result.

The first 5 people in with the goods were, MR Blue, Chief Y, Tarkus Darkly, Cymoril and AutOMAtiC upDAtE, who each received a rose in a vase inscribed with ‘2008 Valentines Hunt Champion’

G

One thing i forgot to mention is that she said that she will try and get the live events to be at a better time for Oceanians. Which is hopefull on 2 counts *grins*

G

Nice screenies Katlene ...even more so given how fast the event did go. But it was fun and good to have something happening that was not player ran....but of course I love the player ran stuff too but you know what I mean.

G

Thanks for the coverage, was wondering what I missed, hehe..

(btw nice sig there Am)

C

Cymoril

Thanks for the great report, Kat! The event was fun, though also very short!

I'm just so thrilled they did a live event! I thought the days of those were gone for good, since the EM program was canned.

I also have to say it was VERY well organised. Pretty much fool-proof, which I liked. The fact that the same person couldn't have entered twice, items couldn't be stolen, they first five to drop the correct entries were in, you couldn't remove or edit stuff. Just well planned on the whole, and Adida made good use of the resources she had to make it as fair as she could.

I'm looking forward to any future live events!

C

Cymoril

And I agree with Fink - beautiful job on that siggy, Ama! You're getting really good at them, and I still LOVE that full-figured pirate!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I still LOVE that full-figured pirate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see a non-stick insect character..

G

rofl, you guys realise this story has been up for 2 days yeah???
:p but thanks for the feed back. I copped a client crash just after i grabbed out my pink pouch so lost heaps of time there and didnt get a shot of the chest that things we're being put into but ahh well it was still fun. i like scavenger hunts (but ones alot harder then that hehe)

C

Cymoril

<blockquote><hr>

Nice to see a non-stick insect character..

[/ QUOTE ]Oh damn, that blows my next sig idea right out...

And yes, sorry Kat - I did notice this article when you posted it but just didn't get around to replying

G

<blockquote><hr>

rofl, you guys realise this story has been up for 2 days yeah???
:p but thanks for the feed back. I copped a client crash just after i grabbed out my pink pouch so lost heaps of time there and didnt get a shot of the chest that things we're being put into but ahh well it was still fun. i like scavenger hunts (but ones alot harder then that hehe)

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe like cymmy I did notice but just had not responded yet...but I had also read it on the front Oceania page first not in the forums.

Thanks for the comments on my siggy, I love it and had fun making it this morning. Cymmy altered the hair colour for me...she is just a colourizing queen.

C

Cymoril

<blockquote><hr>

*laughs*
Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not sure if you're calling me slack for not responding, or for responding now when I should be working!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cymmy altered the hair colour for me...she is just a colourizing queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft, my frog used to be purple with orange spots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cymmy altered the hair colour for me...she is just a colourizing queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft, my frog used to be purple with orange spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now your confusing me fink do I say your a colourizing Queen or King? or perhaps since your a frog a Prince in need of a kiss?

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol would you want to kiss that?
So very... teethy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually I think its cute *grins*....I like frogs. *puckers up and chases after fink*......OH FINKY

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So very... teethy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually I think its cute *grins*....I like frogs. *puckers up and chases after fink*......OH FINKY

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah..

C

Cymoril

<blockquote><hr>

I like frogs. *puckers up and chases after fink*......OH FINKY

[/ QUOTE ]Oh well, at least we're back on the Romantic Scavenger Hunt topic...

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So very... teethy!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late i already tried. No prince for me.