• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Questions:

N

Naisikras

I just reactivated and am finding all my old things and figuring out whats what... A thing I see (for mages) is that they are dropping their weapon skill and picking up -20 Mage Wep + Crystalline ring. Does this combo also require Inquisitor's resolution? Assuming you use the -20 MW + Crystal Ring + Orny, your only at 2/3 casting. How do they reach the 2/6 cap?

On a side note: Coming back into the swing of things, what 3-5 artifacts/rares would be best to build a suit around?

Orny
Crystalline Ring
I see folded steel glasses a lot
armor of fortune?

Also, one last thing... is there a list of the current caps for UO? Like SDI cap, LMC cap, DCI cap, etc...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just reactivated [...] A thing I see (for mages) is that they are dropping their weapon skill and picking up -20 Mage Wep + Crystalline ring. Does this combo also require Inquisitor's resolution?
Can get +15 magery on one jewel (imbuing) and then +5 on Treatise on Alchemy talisman (library collection turn-in reward). Meanwhile, the tally also gives EP, which is nice.

what 3-5 artifacts/rares would be best to build a suit around?
AOF is usually great, but it depends really on how much you intend to PvP and if you can farm PvM for better items through artifacts. If you can PvP well, faction armor is where it's at (Folded Steel is crazy good as a faction item but requires lots of farming or mad leet skills). Otherwise, if you can farm Navrey (a spider boss in underworld of Ter Mur). You can get two REALLY good items from Navrey, a "Tangle," which is a half apron w/ 10 INT, MR 2, and DCI 5, but in particular "Night Eyes." Night Eyes are glasses (head slot) that have FCR 3, 10 DCI, and NS on them (10 resists in each cat)! An orny is nice but not as useful now with imbuing. Crystalline, to me, is a huge waste unless you intend to PvM, but if you can swing the Night Eyes artifact then I guess it's doable.

Also, one last thing... is there a list of the current caps for UO? Like SDI cap, LMC cap, DCI cap, etc...
Not sure, probably ... but SDI cap is 15 for PvP, no limit for PvM, LMC is 40, with a higher ceiling if you want to counter Necro's mind rot, and DCI is 45, although you want to try and get to 70 if possible to counter HLD.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can get +15 magery on one jewel (imbuing) and then +5 on Treatise on Alchemy talisman (library collection turn-in reward). Meanwhile, the tally also gives EP, which is nice.

AOF is usually great, but it depends really on how much you intend to PvP and if you can farm PvM for better items through artifacts. If you can PvP well, faction armor is where it's at (Folded Steel is crazy good as a faction item but requires lots of farming or mad leet skills). Otherwise, if you can farm Navrey (a spider boss in underworld of Ter Mur). You can get two REALLY good items from Navrey, a "Tangle," which is a half apron w/ 10 INT, MR 2, and DCI 5, but in particular "Night Eyes." Night Eyes are glasses (head slot) that have FCR 3, 10 DCI, and NS on them (10 resists in each cat)! An orny is nice but not as useful now with imbuing. Crystalline, to me, is a huge waste unless you intend to PvM, but if you can swing the Night Eyes artifact then I guess it's doable.

Not sure, probably ... but SDI cap is 15 for PvP, no limit for PvM, LMC is 40, with a higher ceiling if you want to counter Necro's mind rot, and DCI is 45, although you want to try and get to 70 if possible to counter HLD.

GVP knows his stuff. Read that well. I might add this though if you intend on going factions (And the Risks/Rewards)

Factions - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

This lists the new arties you can use in factions.