• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Question Please Help

S

sirrojen

I am trying to understand power hour as it relates to our server, or does power hour still even exist? or did they move to a guarenteed gains system?

Just trying to understand the current state of optimal skill gains in general, thank you in advance for any responses! I appreciate any help on this subject what-so-ever!

R

RichDC

Power hour hasnt existed in game for a long time now, they have opted for a system called guaranteed gains instead (not sure exactly how the calculation works) basically jus keep hammering away at those skills and you will raise.

Oh one other note for you 8x8 no longer works either

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you a returning player from many years ago, or are you a new player that read an old player guide? The reason I ask is because the last printed play guide I've seen was for Blackthornes Revenge or something like that, and many things have changed since then. Some of the websites that were once dedicated to UO have also stopped updating info as the person running the site has either stopped playing the game or simply don't have time to keep it up to date. They've tried updating the guide on UO.com, but even some of the info there is outdated. A pretty good site to link to is UOGUIDE.COM.

F

Freya/Passion

Honestly no bother even trying to spend time raising skill anymore, just do a few spawns and get the new scrolls and theres your gains.

S

sirrojen

Few spawns you say? scrolls you say? Any recomendations? I play a swords/bushido/anatomy/healer/parry/resist/tactics guy, all skills over 90 except for bushido

Any assistance would be great, I used to play back in 1998 but I quit when everquest came out then I went to WoW and now I returned back to the game that's better then all those other games combined!

Kahn GM swords/tactics/anatomy
Mad Dawg GM fishing magery
Hunt-Seek Droid GM minning smithing

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might try checking out the Tokuno and Ish spawns to see if anyone is working them. Most likely those spawns are being worked fairly often now that the new scrolls and drops have been released. The new scrolls instantly raises your skill level by the amount listed on the scroll (.1 - .5 for non-fel scrolls and .6-1.0 for fel scrolls and there is a scroll for skill).

If you need more info, see the following link.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=114865