• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie has a kill question... why didn't I get points?

D

Dark Genius

I haven't been in factions long but I'm enjoying the challenge.

I am however a bit confused. I have two guys near my Fel house that I pick on regularly. But lately, I haven't gotten any kill points from them. I'm fairly certain they are not in deficit points because they show a faction rank title higher than 1st level.

Originally, I thought it was because I killed them shortly after I had originally killed them(ie they were still in stat)

But one of them, I killed about 2 days apart and got no points.

Anyone have a clue what is going on? I tried a search but found nothing.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to kill 4 completely different players for one of them to drop off from your "recently defeated" list and 5 completely different people for both of them to drop off. Alternatively you can wait a week or was it two for the recently defeated crap to reset.

D

Dark Genius

So it is based upon the people I kill?

As an example, lets call the guys I'm attacking def1 and def2.

If I kill def1 then kill def2, I need to kill four different people before I can gain kill points off def1 again. Is this correct?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you kill Def1 then you need to kill 5 other people before you can collect another point from him.

So, after killing Def2, you'd need 4 more to get a point from def1, and 5 more for def2. :)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For example. I killed a TB guy about 45 minutes ago. We'll call him, Dead guy 1.. or DG1. Now I knew i couldnt get another point off of him until I killed 5 more people... So i killed DG2, DG3 and DG4 with fields... When the huge mob of TB came I let them chase after Bere while I killed DG5 and then killed DG1 while he was still in stat. Clock work!

Easy right?

Sorry Bere I kept u alive as long as i could. Only so much I can with that many on us. :)

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are all saying it backwards.

In order to get points from a person that is recently defeated to you, 5 other people will have to kill that first guy. Its not how many people YOU kill after him, it's how many times he dies(5) after you've killed him.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are all saying it backwards.

In order to get points from a person that is recently defeated to you, 5 other people will have to kill that first guy. Its not how many people YOU kill after him, it's how many times he dies(5) after you've killed him.
Thanks for trying to help but you are wrong. I cant even remember how many times Ive done it the way I just posted it. Ive been in the factions since day one and it has not changed. Not even today, I got 1 point off someone 2 times today when i killed 5 people between killing that particular person. I wasn't bull****ting with that example. So no, you are wrong. The way I posted it is the way it works.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For example. I killed a TB guy about 45 minutes ago. We'll call him, Dead guy 1.. or DG1. Now I knew i couldnt get another point off of him until I killed 5 more people... So i killed DG2, DG3 and DG4 with fields... When the huge mob of TB came I let them chase after Bere while I killed DG5 and then killed DG1 while he was still in stat. Clock work!

Easy right?

Sorry Bere I kept u alive as long as i could. Only so much I can with that many on us. :)
I saw a few Anthius Disius corpses last night!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Easy right?

Sorry Bere I kept u alive as long as i could. Only so much I can with that many on us.

No worries it was a good time. With 20 TB and a couple pets after me I didn't really expect to survive but was rediculous how long you kept me alive lol. I thought I had a chance for a moment but then ran out of pots.

However, it was 3 vs Half of Tram and we killed way more of them than we died. Good fights.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20 TB split between 3 different vents.

God, and to think we were unorganized BEFORE. Lol

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I congratulate TB's effort to field more players though. No one wants to go through the daunting task of introducing new people to factions. :thumbsup:

As far as organization, lol is all I have to say. But it should improve, I think, the more they get used to factions.

Should have been there ATL, we would have been even more devestating.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a few Anthius Disius corpses last night!
Yeah, Lessons learned!

1. I'd rather swim through shark infested buffalo ****, than play UO with out a healer with me.

2. Deathstrike is gay.

3. Don't get seperated from the group when your fighting Link because your gonna get synced on.

4. Blood Oath is a necro mages best friend.

5. Fighting in stat loss = reseting your stat loss timer.

6. Going from 20 points to 260 in 1 day means the point system is ridiculous.

7. The people who made the point system are possibly autistic.

8. UO is fun when after 12:00 when my ping drops to about 70.

9. UO sucks before 12:00 when my ping is well over 600

10. zomg, did I start that fight last night? I was hearing all this non sense of the factions being kind of dead. That **** was a pretty damn fun last night.

And for the record I died 6 times. 4 of them I was in stat. 1 I was lagged out the yang. and 1 I got dismounted and weaken spammed so I couldn't cast spells. I still made it pertty far though Link.

Long story short, I was once again impressed by myself.. But a lot of the TBs got better. I even had one punching bag grow a sack and start talking ****.. This tickled me, I actually had to rub one out after that.

Whether or not EGo comes back I still don't know, but I will be around now and then to annoy people and start ****. Cause god damn, that **** was fun.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the brit fights are always fun. It will be nice to get all faction guilds included next time. Lately it's been a lot of house hiding so we have been playing other shards but if we get more fights like last night we'll play GL a lot more.

My learning 'take-aways'

1.) Anthius is a slipperly little ****, if you get him footed spam weaken to block his teleports and horse cure attempts while your guildmates kill.

2.) Just because you see CoM and Min, don't make the mistake to think that it's a three way fight and your group of three mages will have fun.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a great time lol. Nonel, you are most correct, we all needed to be in the same damn vent, but it can be difficult to get people moving that way lol. Lynk, Anthius IS slippery lol, thought I had him and he vanished on me in the chaos hehe. There were oj's everywhere. Good times, as much fun as I've had in UO in a while.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I think I was mistaken. There may have been 4 vents.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I think I was mistaken. There may have been 4 vents.
wtf were u nonel? I'm not gonna lie, and I'm kind of ashamed and disapointed to admit this,, but it wasn't the same with out a bola and conflag pot being thrown at me... Yeah, thinking back you kind of ruined my night. wtf?

If not for the unbelievable lag spikes I may have had a flawless victory with out you there.. Don't tell me you play your dexxer the majority of the time now. Thats a sin. ****.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cough*

ya know Minax can use some thieves...

ya know.. just throwing that out there... do what u want with it..

:thumbup:
Checks ...

*bored of playing Napa*
*has thief on GL*
*thief USED to be in E-Go*
*thief is Minax*

Checks again ...

*has no house thanks to being given a Yew Gate house on Napa*
*bank and backpack are full*

uhhhm, small problem :hahaha:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checks ...

*bored of playing Napa*
*has thief on GL*
*thief USED to be in E-Go*
*thief is Minax*

Checks again ...

*has no house thanks to being given a Yew Gate house on Napa*
*bank and backpack are full*

uhhhm, small problem :hahaha:
Easy day. I have a house near Minax with more than enough room for you.

WE CAN BE ROOMIES!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be careful, I hear Cardell likes to play tent when he's gassy.

R

RichDC

I missed a faction fight??

Ive been checking brit everytime im on, when the sigs where being corrupted it was great...loads of people about and hat fun reseting the timers for you, i think we even bugged them once when you had to corrupt over night!(they said corrupted when i stole back it said hadnt)

Ill be back checking again tonight then!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed a faction fight??

Ive been checking brit everytime im on, when the sigs where being corrupted it was great...loads of people about and hat fun reseting the timers for you, i think we even bugged them once when you had to corrupt over night!(they said corrupted when i stole back it said hadnt)

Ill be back checking again tonight then!
U didnt miss anything.

There are no fights if there is no one willing to be a dedicated thief. The only reason there were fights last week was because i was reseting the sigs.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no fights if there is no one willing to be a dedicated thief. The only reason there were fights last week was because i was reseting the sigs.
I have a thief but there's no point to steal sigils when there's no one to guard them.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy day. I have a house near Minax with more than enough room for you.

WE CAN BE ROOMIES!
You're a doll, and I don't mind whatever you do on your side of the room as long as I can pretend I dont notice!

I will drag your ICQ off my husband's list and get ahold of you tonight or tomorrow :)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's no fun to guard sigs when no one is willing to raid....
You won't ever get a raid if you don't guard though. Last time TB guarded it was a fun time.