• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New VvV Sigils

Gamer1970

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have spent quite a bit of time finding these, it's great to have something new to do. I like that it's a bit hard to find them, and recently found that they don't always spawn in the same place :) My question is, once I steal the sigil, what do I do with it, where am I supposed to "place" it? ... have not seen anything about this yet. Thanks.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have spent quite a bit of time finding these, it's great to have something new to do. I like that it's a bit hard to find them, and recently found that they don't always spawn in the same place :) My question is, once I steal the sigil, what do I do with it, where am I supposed to "place" it? ... have not seen anything about this yet. Thanks.
There are priests that spawn near the Silver Trader, you can turn it in to either one of them.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally found my first one the other day... Got a bit of an adrenaline rush when I snuck off with it. *grins*

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found three in Skara, two in Yew, one in Minoc and one in Moonglow so far.
So far I've found 3 in minoc, 2 in glow, 2 in yew, 2 in brit, 2 in ocllo, 2 in jhelom, 2 in trinsic, 1 in skara. I usually win before I'm able to find more. :sad2:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we make it so when carrying the sigil, you can't stealth..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or give us a skill that can detect hidden people.
Or make it so VvV isn't a stupid stealther game...idk! From what I understood it was to benefit PvP..Running around on a tracker/detector isn't exactly pvp..but apparently it is to everyone else. I just don't see the point of literally spending 15-20 minutes trying to track/detect the morons who are there just to be freaking annoying and stop the progression timer. Especially when the battle is in Britain. I do like the way the game/system is set up..it just has no fail safes for morons trying to grief and ruin it..take it with a grain of salt I guess. I was just under the impression it would be a pvp thing. Not a cat and mouse game of who can detect the stealther for 2 seconds before he smoke bombs first rinse and repeat..there are better ways to set it up. You can stealth the whole match and steal the sigil and not be able to hide/stealth until it's off your person. It makes you "actually" have to play the little mini game. But instead we have to run trackers/detectors instead of actually fighting, stupid IMO.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or make it so VvV isn't a stupid stealther game...idk! From what I understood it was to benefit PvP..Running around on a tracker/detector isn't exactly pvp..but apparently it is to everyone else. I just don't see the point of literally spending 15-20 minutes trying to track/detect the morons who are there just to be freaking annoying and stop the progression timer. Especially when the battle is in Britain. I do like the way the game/system is set up..it just has no fail safes for morons trying to grief and ruin it..take it with a grain of salt I guess. I was just under the impression it would be a pvp thing. Not a cat and mouse game of who can detect the stealther for 2 seconds before he smoke bombs first rinse and repeat..there are better ways to set it up. You can stealth the whole match and steal the sigil and not be able to hide/stealth until it's off your person. It makes you "actually" have to play the little mini game. But instead we have to run trackers/detectors instead of actually fighting, stupid IMO.

So pvp is just whacking each other with weapons/casting spells at each other? Sounds kinda boring to me. I enjoy the cat and mouse game, it's alot more fun than most think. There isn't really any reason to force them to be visible while holding a sigil when we have skills that can do it. Not using them is your choice.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've found 3 in minoc, 2 in glow, 2 in yew, 2 in brit, 2 in ocllo, 2 in jhelom, 2 in trinsic, 1 in skara. I usually win before I'm able to find more. :sad2:
I have 4 in Britain, 2 in Occlo, 3 in Trinsic, 3 in Moonglow, 4 in Skara and 4 in Minoc. Same here ... I can't keep the towns active long enough to find them all :(

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Trap your Town !!

VvV allows for a good number and variety of Traps which, if laid around cleverly around the Sigils, WILL reveal and dearly hurt the stealer...

Use them to your advantage !!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I told you all 1 week ago, this is basicaly a stealth mini-game , you would need detect hidden or trackign skill on your pvper now to compete... hopefully they change it so at least they cant stealth while carrying the sigil.
something I dont understand too is why returning sigils gives more points than altars or kills ? I mean if anything kills/altars should give more than sigils stealing and it should also decrease the enemy bar progression, not only increase yours.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I told you all 1 week ago, this is basicaly a stealth mini-game , you would need detect hidden or trackign skill on your pvper now to compete... hopefully they change it so at least they cant stealth while carrying the sigil.
something I dont understand too is why returning sigils gives more points than altars or kills ? I mean if anything kills/altars should give more than sigils stealing and it should also decrease the enemy bar progression, not only increase yours.
I stole and returned 2 sigils today for the first time and I didn't get that many darn points! In fact, I wondered if they were even worth doing.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, nerf thieves. It's time we broke the monopoly of fun thieves have in UO.
I don't have an issue with the points theives get, I don't think it's a nerd to force you to actually be involved in PvP, if your participating in a "SUPPOSED" PvP system..the stealth with sigil is all I'm saying is stupid..stealth around detecting the sigils and trying to steal them all you want. But stealthing around town with the sigil is stupid period.. You're just getting grinding points and it makes the "rewards" useless and eventually not sought after..also another issue I have is a 10 charge remove stat potion for 500 points..atleast make it harder to get cmon..might as well not even have stat at all for that price. I can grind up 5000 points in 5-6 matches with absolutely zero resistance at a down time in an hour or so..