• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Vet reward idea?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that alot of people that just start out want ethy's ... also the fact that there are ALOT of year 1 and 2 rewards out there that are basically worthless... you can buy a black dye tub for cheap now adays, since there are so many in game.

Why not add a function like this to help out the new players...

You all know that once the vet gump comes up you get to use 1 point at a time to pick 1 reward.... why not make it so like for example be able to use 2 points on a reward of higher value...

EXAMPLE: .. year 1 ... you get one point, and save it for later use.
year 2 ... comes around you get another point, save it.

THEN: have the option to turn in 2 points for a year three reward... it would shave off a year for people to get ethys... BUT would also take away two year 1 and 2 rewards from the system.

Thus saving rewards... using TWO points you get to choose a reward from the following year.

This would help out those waiting for years to pick an ethy, giving them it a year earlier... and also would be a neat option to get rid of all those points most people have been saving up for something better.

Maybe have a new list of items that uses 2, 3, 4 etc points ... for higher lvl rewards. Would give us a reason to save the points, also would introduce more rewards for the players that stick out UO...

Just an idea... came to me thought it would be nice for everyone so to speak.

Let me know what you think? :thumbsup:

S

Sunrise

I think its a great idea...

For the next new online game that comes out. UO I hate to say this is to old. yeah it has many years ahead of it but...

Seriously tho. Its a good idea but not for UO

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the problem is tho that if you pick a 3 yr vet reward and only a 2 yr vet you cant use it.
they cant change that.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with u on this one i fink its a great idea but also bear in mind aarons comment, perhaps make the 3rd year reward on 2 year acct char bound?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hardly use my ethys any more I have polar bear in my pack of my fighter I rather ride my brown horse, or lesser hiru.

E

Ericge99

First things first ..... 1st year you get 2 points .. ok.
Cant change the rewards times, and in saying that you want all who have gone before, to know, you want it now and they waited like everyone else.
Way to go ..... whats this game coming to?
Everyone, wants .. wants and are not prepared to work or wait. :next:

B

Black Spirit

Cant change the rewards times, and in saying that you want all who have gone before, to know, you want it now and they waited like everyone else.
I would have to totally agree with Ericge99,
Don't cheat thet system, because you cant wait. We all had to wait, so everyone can apreciate what we get when we get them.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another thing you might be confused about, if you save your 1st and 2nd reward, you can pick 3 3yr rewards.. you dont have to pick a reward each year..
sames goes with if you save all your rewards.. i myself have not used any rewards, im saving them hoping they come up with something usefull.

V

Vyrquenox

I would hardly say everyone else waited. More like they or their parents pulled out a credit card and bought it. You can't play this vet rewards are for vets thing anymore. I wouldn't put it past the possibility that there are even a few kids on ethies who weren't even born when the game came out.

V

Vyrquenox

I would have to totally agree with Ericge99,
Don't cheat thet system, because you cant wait. We all had to wait, so everyone can apreciate what we get when we get them.

same thing. wrong. "we all had to wait" is not correct. People buy accounts. Same question is often raised in my mind when a new player wants to know what to do with his 720 skill points. You can buy your way to the head of the line in this one, so you can't argue the 'get in line like everyone else' thing. Not that I need ethies myself. But you can't argue it that way.

B

Blade_Thugluv

honestly vet rewards should be for vets. I remember when they changed leather dye tubs from a 3rd year vet reward to a 2nd and how pissed vet players got. just think if they made it easy to get ethys how mad people who have played and earned them would be.

As for the people who buy accounts..... i cant say how i feel about that on the forums but yea :loser:

~Blade

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with u on this one i fink its a great idea but also bear in mind aarons comment, perhaps make the 3rd year reward on 2 year acct char bound?
Exacally, make the new reward, account bound... or char bound ... solves the issue with people not being able to use an ethy because they are only 2nd year and not third.

I have played UO since beta, I have many ethys and I have waited... my account is very old, it's not for me it's just an idea for new players is all.

Thanks for the feedback, just and idea I had. :D