• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New UI = Smaller Backpacks?!

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new UI has drastically shrunk my backpack! Now I can't see anything unless I lean in and squint!
Here is what I am talking about.
Smaller Backpacks.gif

As you can see, even after bumping up the new UI Scale to 1.00 it is still smaller then it was in the old UI.
I've tried opening the file outside of the game and typing in <Interface custom_ui_scale="1.250000"> but it just resets back to 1.000000 when I log in.
And even if that did work it wouldn't be a good solution because I think the player status bar, map, and everything else are too big at 1.00! But the backpack is still too small! :(
I guess in an ideal world I'd want everything to be 0.85 scale except for backpacks which I want at like 1.25 scale.
UO players are aging and our eyes aren't getting any better so why oh why did the backpacks shrink?!

Here is another comparison.
The backpack squares are now smaller then the icon squares. They used to be bigger!
Smaller Then Icons Now.gif

*sigh*
I'd pay 1 trillion gold for new eyes :sad4:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to use the scale option (I circled the icon in red)

You can find it under the "actions" menu under "other"

You can scale the containers as large as you like!

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THANK YOU!!! :)

I had no idea this button existed!
This is exactly what I needed!
Thank you DJAd! :grouphug: :smooch::heart::love:

:hula::snoopy::banana::danceb:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep already did..... And I LOVE The new colors!!! Just saying.

Chaoticmass

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The scale thing is great. I found it on my own when checking out the new features. I play on a 720P 32" lcd tv that sits about 6-7 feet away and some of the UI things are too small for my eyes at that distance. Being able to customize it like this really helps a lot.