• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to barding, some questions...

G

First of all: yes I have read the faq

I am currently training music and peace, have not decided yet if I am going for a bard char (with provo and discord) or if will put music and peace on my tamer to help him survive taming greater dragons and such a little more often.

Now, should I first GM music (I understood I should lock the skill at GM and start to raise the other skills)? Or should I train music and peace together?
I am at about 55 music and 40 peace now (area peace on self). Or should I be training all 4 bard skills at the same time if possible?

Also I am using GM made instruments but I read posts that NPC ones work better. Any advise?

Thanks for any comment,

Aris of Europa

G

Well I trained them both at the same time but music did GM first, remember that for provo it will make a music check prior to making a provo check, so if you fail the music check it wont bother doing a provo check so no chance at a gain in provo.

In the FAQ it used to (or still does) have links to a page where it describes the benefits to using GM/Exp/Slayer/Opposing Slayer instruments to get gains, to be honest I never paid any attention to GM or Exp but when I got to higher levels in provo i did play with slayer and opposing slayer to get gains faster

5% Luck

Every skill point over gm music give that number as a success bonus. So if you had 120 music you will have a 20 % succes rate that wont count towrds your skill check.

Lock music at GM

Exp instruments give a 10% success bonus to using any barding skills. As above that means you have a 10% success rate that underscores the skill check. Slayers(when used on their targeted type) give a 20% bonus and likewise when used bypass the skill check by that amount.

Once your music is gm and locked all your attemts will be directed to the skill your working with a no fail rate on music. The thing about music is you can use the music skillmuch more often then any other barding skill. So I sugest that you target peace your self then use the instrument 3-5 times. This way you will gm music much faster. Repeat till gm music. If you music is not GM then some of your fails will be music fails and bypass the barding skill check. So gming music 1st is important IMO.

G

thanks a lot!

I did not even think about using the instrument to raise music while waiting for the next peace try. Stupid me!!!

Aris of Europa