• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Regulations for Britain

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I, Solus Governor Of Britain, hereby sign into effect these new regulations for the city of Britain.

1. Britain is now under a 8pm curfew. Citizens who disobey will be imprisoned. --- REMOVED

2. All able bodied men and women are hereby drafted into the Britain Army. Failure to report will be considered treason against the crown. --- Rebranded as Britain Guard

3. All citizens are now required to register in the town registeries. Your information will remain private and will not leave the government's hands. Failure to register will result in immediate detention and possible deportation.

These are all in an effort to make our Britain, a safer Britain. I am eager to share with you all our new regulations on taxes and trade in the coming weeks.

Your Governor,

Lord Solus

Last edited:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is why you wont be a leader for Britan for much longer, you are plainly just a power hungry ******, come try and make me go home, and do it in Fel.

If you are a council member and try this crap expect to be a KoS in fel or anywhere else

This is NOT what you were elected for so enjoy your power trip while it lasts, Time to impeach.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As you are Governor of Britain, you have my loyalty, and I will follow you into war, but the 8 pm curfew? Perhaps you should rethink that!

Last edited:

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Britain shuts down at 8:00 pm every night why not make your way to New Magincia where you are more than welcome to stroll the streets and have fun until whatever hour you choose! All are welcome in New Magincia.

T

Tazar

Hail Governor who holds a worthless bought title,

As a Duke of Britain, I hereby defy you and your frivolous regulations. My loyalty is to the crown and not to you.

1.) As the town with the most taverns, closing the town at 8pm presents an unreasonable burden on tavern owners and their patrons. Such a foolish regulation must be ignored by the people.

2.) As a Captain of the Royal Guard, my loyalty is to the crown and not to one who is only in the position of Governor through a rigged election. A governor is a servant of the people and not the other way around. The militant mindset is not needed for a town governor as we are all under the protection of the crown. Do you doubt the abilities of our liege to protect our lands? Do you dare to build up a militant force that could one-day oppose him in his own capital? A Declaration of Treason must come from the crown and not a governor - most certainly not from one who does not justly hold the title and is in the position only by a rigged election. The only Treason here is by you and your rigging of the King's Election system through bribery, blackmail and extortion, as well as your attempts to raise up an army draining resources from the rightful Royal Britanian Guard and the Royal Army. Such actions are an insult to our liege and a direct challenge to the authority of the crown.

3.) The true government already has my registration along with my loyalty. Your usurping of the position of governor by outright bribery does not buy you the right to my personal information nor a right to detain and/or deport.

I hereby call on all loyal citizens of the crown to protest against these regulations by the most stringent means necessary to prevent their enforcement, and also to remove the usurper from his bought title and have that title restored to a true representative of the people.

Signed in large bold letters:

The Glorious Lord Tazar - Duke of Britain

Captain of the Royal Britannian Guard
Guildmaster: The Order of Drunken Elders

Last edited by a moderator:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.) As the town with the most taverns, closing the town at 8pm presents an unreasonable burden on tavern owners and their patrons. Such a foolish regulation must be ignored by the people.
*raises glass* :pint:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Britain is now under a 8pm curfew. Citizens who disobey will be imprisoned.
I don't have a watch, nor can I tell the time. Where are the schools in Britain to educate the population on such important matters such as telling the time, reading and writing?

2. All able bodied men and women are hereby drafted into the Britain Army. Failure to report will be considered treason against the crown.
Where do I go for a medical, or who decides what able bodied means in this fine city? I'm drunk all the time, thus I would consider myself "un-able". I would cause more harm than good.

3. All citizens are now required to register in the town registeries. Your information will remain private and will not leave the government's hands. Failure to register will result in immediate detention and possible deportation.
I cannot read nor write, how do I register? You also haven't stated where to go to register.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lord Tazar, I have read your statement, and trust me when I say it really hit me in the core of my soul. You have opened my eyes, and I will make the following changes for the good of the people:

Curfew is being pushed to 10pm.

Thank you all

Lord Solus

T

Tazar

*A Message is passed secretly amongst the Citizens of Britain*

Please join me this evening for our initial protest against governor Solus in Britain starting at 10pm eastern. We will start at the West Brit Bank and spend our time drinking and carousing in the Cat's Lair Tavern just south of the Bank. BYOPF (Bring your own Pitch-fork - the booze is on me).

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Tazar

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Notice of Petition To Recall*
True nobility isn't about being better than anyone else; it's about being better than you used to be. -Portia de Rossi
Where as the recently elected Governor of Britain: Atlantic, has acquired his position through corruption and bribery, he constitutes a threat to the political stability of all citizens of Britain. The following grievances and charges are laid at the feet of Solus, who self proclaims the title of Lord, yet fails to observe the basic principles of Nobility.
Where as the principle entertainment of the realm is Theater, Taverns, and other such houses Bards frequent any curfew constitutes a serious blow to the economic and moral welfare of the city. I good leader of men would work to ensure their prosperity both economically and spiritually.
Where as the majority of the population of the city residents and population are entirely dependent on what production the local farmers, tradesmen, and craftsmen produce, forced draft into military service will cut production yielding famine, disease, and poverty where once food, materials, and finished goods once existed. A good leader understands the demands of logistics and prioritizes properly to assure supply and demand are balanced.
Lord Solus through is own personal means does not mean to live by these same conditions of poverty and meager means he decrees for others. His inability to live under the same conditions as his subordinates gives evidence of his inability to properly lead men. Leaders of men are always willing to live under the same conditions as those they lead, and never ask of others that which they are unwilling to do themselves.​
Through the Registration Acts, Lord Solus will be able to hold the entire population of a city under his thumb, power that would extend beyond that of the Monarch.​
It is for these reasons that a formal Petition of Recall is here by posted. All those who wish to sign may do so by clicking the "Like" button below.​

Last edited:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next thing you know, we will have to curb out pets in Brit... Can't wait to see tamers carrying shovels around Brit....

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes, you may not like what your leader does, but he does it with the best intentions for the peace and welfare of the land.

I want to make it clear, these changes are made for the GOOD of the city. We are at RISK from this Cult Of Oblivion. Sage Nicosaen threatens not only our city, but our whole world. We have SEEN what comes out of that void, and who knows what more will come in the name of "Oblivion".

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, Solus Governor Of Britain, hereby sign into effect these new regulations for the city of Britain.

1. Britain is now under a 8pm curfew. Citizens who disobey will be imprisoned.

2. All able bodied men and women are hereby drafted into the Britain Army. Failure to report will be considered treason against the crown.

These are all in an effort to make our Britain, a safer Britain. I am eager to share with you all our new regulations on taxes and trade in the coming weeks.

Your Governor,

Lord Solus

Careful there Gov... Someone make object!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly Solus, that first council meeting is going to be REALLY interesting at the rate you're going...

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I, Lord Solus Governor of Britain, have hereby signed two new changes into effect.

1. I have listened to your feedback, and I do this purely for YOU the people whom I have the utmost respect for. The new curfew regulations are lifted as of now. Thank you for being so passionate about your city.

2. I have realized that the "Army of Britain" was a bit too harsh sounding. We are a Guard of Britain, and while we may operate like perhaps an army would, we are NOT an army. Britain is NOT a military state, nor do we wish for war times to be upon us.

All men and women are still required to be drafted into this guard, and registration is still in full effect. This is to provide better response times to times of danger, and ensure EVERYONE takes part in defending ourselves. Registration is required due to the increased presence of cults worshiping the darkness that comes from the void. We must ensure our city is never infiltrated by those who wish us harm.

You will notice an increased guards presence in Britain, this is to ensure our saftey. Please, go about your business as usual, just dont loiter, nor clog the streets.

T

Tazar

Sometimes, you may not like what your leader does, but he does it with the best intentions for the peace and welfare of the land.

I want to make it clear, these changes are made for the GOOD of the city. We are at RISK from this Cult Of Oblivion. Sage Nicosaen threatens not only our city, but our whole world. We have SEEN what comes out of that void, and who knows what more will come in the name of "Oblivion".
Reminds me of another fellow I met once in a land far, far away... his name was Senator Palpatine.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've traveled to Brit many times over the years, and was never so offended as I have been today. Does rudeness so prevail this city now, that even the guards have caught this plague? I, the sitting Governor of Trinsic, was rudely told to move along and stop loitering, only moments after starting a banking transaction.

The rude treatment of the citizens of Brit, and it's visitors must stop!!!

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The guards only wish to keep the streets flowing and the area free of congestion.

Think about it, what if there is an emergency? If the guards have to push aside people to go to a location, it slows them down, and slows down the response to the situation.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not their directive, but the manner in which they do so that bothers me.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Excellent posts..... Pass the bowl of popcorn...... I wouldnt miss this council meeting-Its going to be interesting

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*the Duchess of Britain raises her head from her scrolls*

Register to be drafted into the Guard of Britain?!
I Sir Governor decline to register. I believe if Britain should be threatened, I could persuade a few folk to follow me into the fray.

*chuckles*
I remember many a victory celebration in Britain, lead by the Britannian Guard, after the defeat of the Ophidians in Skara, Papua, & Vesper. And after the defeat of the Void Shadow.As I recall the invasion of Britain went badly for the invaders too...
We Britannians are not one to avoid conflict, nor a good celebration sir.

As for your guards directing citizens sir, I do not take kindly to being accosted in the streets.
I will loiter where I will in my town. Please harass me no further.

*dips her quill*

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I have listened to your feedback, and I do this purely for YOU the people whom I have the utmost respect for. The new curfew regulations are lifted as of now. Thank you for being so passionate about your city.

:pint:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
**OOC*** Someone using a new system put in to promote RP, I love it well done Solus. The fact that you are not taking the goody two shoes route and creating a conflict for players to rally around, even better! ***END OCC***

/signed. :thumbsup:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent timing and initiative Governor Solus!

With the new city system leading more and more people to enjoy the RP avenues of the game, your style is demonstrates an important factor. If you are just getting into RP and thinking out your role and character, be sure to take special note of the way Lord Solus is handling his.

An RP community filled with honorable knights, heroes of justice, friendly barkeeps, and fair handed maidens will quickly grow stale with inactivity. Conflict fuels interest.