• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Poll ---> 11th Anniversary Items Anyone?

When will they give us the info and opportunity to BUY the 11th Anniversary Tokens?

• I'm Optimistic! We'll have them by the end of January! :)

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Realistically, we;ll have them by the end of Q1, '09, if we're lucky! :(

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Acutally, we'll probably never have them. They'll close down UO first. LOL

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters
D

DHMagicMan_1

So today is Friday...

Who here thinks the FoF will even acknowledge this question and provide an ETA on when Mythic Marketing will have more info on when these will be available?

Communication people...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay!!! I'm sure the devs are very concerned about letting all the 11th year vets (the only people these tolkens would concern) know when they can get their new pixel crack...la

D

DHMagicMan_1

Yay!!! I'm sure the devs are very concerned about letting all the 11th year vets (the only people these tolkens would concern) know when they can get their new pixel crack...la
Actually, these have nothing to do with 11th year VET REWARDS... this is something completely different... but thanks for playing!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good point. Misread. That being said, what's the rush for the 11th aniversary pixel crack? Would you quit if they merely said..."Thanks for playing" and didn't give anything else?...la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We will see them when the bean counters sign off on it. *nods*

D

DHMagicMan_1

Well I started this poll in mid-January, after the "Collection" was about 6 weeks late and we had consistantly NO UPDATES about when or if they would ever show up.

Now, about three weeks or a month ago, we had a 3 or 4 hour period where they were released, BADLY, and and then have seen three or four new promises of "Coming soon" and "We've taken your feedback to heart" etc...

It seems funny to me that two of the three original poll options could still be the correct ones.

If Mythic Marketing (notice I'm not attacking DEVs here so please don't jump down my throat about how busy the devs should be with SA) in the next twenty days, we may make the end of Quarter One.

At this point, personally, I'm changing my vote, I think UO will be shut down in '09 and the "Collection" will die before being reborn. Sad to say, but that's my prediction.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think UO will be shut down in '09 and the "Collection" will die before being reborn. Sad to say, but that's my prediction.
Congrats, you are the 463,427 person to predict the death of UO. You win an all expense paid trip to Cove. Enjoy!

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I started this poll in mid-January, after the "Collection" was about 6 weeks late and we had consistantly NO UPDATES about when or if they would ever show up.

Now, about three weeks or a month ago, we had a 3 or 4 hour period where they were released, BADLY, and and then have seen three or four new promises of "Coming soon" and "We've taken your feedback to heart" etc...

It seems funny to me that two of the three original poll options could still be the correct ones.

If Mythic Marketing (notice I'm not attacking DEVs here so please don't jump down my throat about how busy the devs should be with SA) in the next twenty days, we may make the end of Quarter One.

At this point, personally, I'm changing my vote, I think UO will be shut down in '09 and the "Collection" will die before being reborn. Sad to say, but that's my prediction.
C'MON... Wilki's back..Draconi's at large and SA round the corner, plus, we got the good donuts today... How can you be predicting the death of UO in '09?

For shame.

A

Adara

whatever it is....seems like more than enough time to deal with whatever the problem was with the store and get the token set out.:bdh:

L

Lore Master

I hope we get them soon i have been wanting them ever since i first heard of them. I will be very disapointed if we do not get them.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Wow. Who cares? The 11th anniv items came. Wow. How exciting. Woohoo. Was it really worth all the hoopla of posting here and other places. Everything will arrive. Enjoy what you got.

WAIT WAIT. Shouldnt they be talking about the 12th anniv items. Maybe charges us 59.99 and have boat model options.

How about some random exploration and spawns?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet you took the time to read and respond to the thread. :)

Sorry I didn't put in a "I don't care" option... I don't think I can add one after the fact.

Oh well. Not voting does the same thing I guess.
Doesn't even take a full minute to reply...(47 seconds to log in and say that)

I can care less about these trinkets, especially if I have to shell out more cash.....no, it's not alot, it's the principle.

Alot of us can even begin to imagine paying for extra pixels, that you don't even own, with real life dollars.......it's absurd, foolish, and quite honestly..probably embarressing to your family.

But to each his own.........

later

T

Tycolby

After all this time I wont be buying one single one now with USD. I will however, waste their Pixel Crack Gold on them.

F

Flora Green

Wow. Who cares? The 11th anniv items came. Wow. How exciting. Woohoo. Was it really worth all the hoopla of posting here and other places. Everything will arrive. Enjoy what you got.

WAIT WAIT. Shouldnt they be talking about the 12th anniv items. Maybe charges us 59.99 and have boat model options.

How about some random exploration and spawns?
No, the Anniversary items haven't been given out. We don't even have a hint at what they are, but at this point I no longer care about the Anniversary OR Collection items. And I seriously doubt I'll bother buying the Collection items IF they ever become available. Why reward poor service?

D

DHMagicMan_1

No, the Anniversary items haven't been given out. We don't even have a hint at what they are, but at this point I no longer care about the Anniversary OR Collection items. And I seriously doubt I'll bother buying the Collection items IF they ever become available. Why reward poor service?
That's exactly my feeling, Flora. I reactivated my WoW account last week and have been enjoying leveling my toon again... I'll drop by on occasion, until I get fed up enough to remove my credit info, once again from my UO account... I've been a subscriber since before Tram existed but I've come and gone 4 or 5 times with years of gaps some times.... looks like it's time for another pause.

F

Flora Green

I'm starting to feel that way too, DH. But, I typically go through phases where I need a break. Plus, spring is coming and there's no logical reason to be inside so much. :)

S

Sharantyr

Flora. With spring coming, its a good time to get outside and do some gardening :)

B

Beefcake101

Well they must be out. They are all over pacific. I bought BOD Covers token about4 weeks ago. Have not seen anything again until yesterday. Tokens all over in PAC.

A

Aboo

Well they must be out. They are all over pacific. I bought BOD Covers token about4 weeks ago. Have not seen anything again until yesterday. Tokens all over in PAC.
They were offered on UOGameCodes for a few hours one night then pulled because what they said you could buy and what you could ACTUALLY buy evidentally didn't match. I can't say for sure because, unfortunately, I was unable to be on the computer that night so I missed out.

I have waited so long and am so disappointed that I doubt I will even buy any now. I have spent ALOT of money over the course of 11+ years on UO. I have, at one time, had 15 active accounts. I've bought multiples of every expansion they came out with, for ALL my accounts, and bought multiples of everything they offered in UOGameCodes.

I am absolutely so disgusted with the way the 11th Anniversary Collection has been handled, starting with the ridiculous amount of time it has been since they said we could buy them AFTER the Japanese got them to the disaster the happened the ONLY night they were available to the limited few who were able to purchase them, that I don't think I want to give EA any more of my very hard earned money now.

In fact I have 7 active accounts right now, but by the end of the day I will only have 5 active accounts. I love UO but the treatment we have gotten in regards to this is inexcusable.

R

RavenWinterHawk

AH your right.
Collection vs Anniv.
My fault.

I still might toss in a who cares. They come when they come. 1/2 will be thrilled. 1/2 will say they suck.

Just play. Enjoy. And see what arrives.

F

Flora Green

Flora. With spring coming, its a good time to get outside and do some gardening :)
:hahaha:True that! I've got a ton of catalogs I'm sorting through. Just gotta figure out what beds I want to do.

Oh and I agree with you, Raven. Best to just play with what we have and enjoy. :)