• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Poll ---> 11th Anniversary Items Anyone?

When will they give us the info and opportunity to BUY the 11th Anniversary Tokens?

• I'm Optimistic! We'll have them by the end of January! :)

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Realistically, we;ll have them by the end of Q1, '09, if we're lucky! :(

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Acutally, we'll probably never have them. They'll close down UO first. LOL

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters
D

DHMagicMan_1

Who thinks the 11th Anniversary Items (already live on Japanese Shards via the box they released to retail in Japan in November) will be available via UOGameCodes.com and when...

A

Aboo

Who thinks the 11th Anniversary Items (already live on Japanese Shards via the box they released to retail in Japan in November) will be available via UOGameCodes.com and when...
We were initially told that we would get them 30 days after Japan got them. Japan got them November 13 I believe. They have missed that time frame by over a month so I understand they are being cautious when giving us another time frame.

However, if they would just explain (1) why we have had to wait thusfar twice as long as they originally told us; and

(2) give us even a vague time frame, it might help sooth ruffled feathers. Just continuing to ignore most any and all threads dealing with this (yes Draconi I know you told us to not give us hope so you did reply but with VERY little info) just makes the hard feelings and hopelessness even that much worse.

T

Tycolby

Get a clue ppl! they dont care if we ever get anything less. Japan has a ton more subs than the west so they cater to them. We are that family member they wish they could lock up in the cellar and forget about.

C

canary

I find it interesting that they are basically saying they don't want our money.

The EA business practice totally eludes me.

F

Flora Green

Meh. They're just hurting themselves with the loss of revenue and the continued poor communication. However, since it's already the 19th, I think it's time to start inquiring about Valentine's Day gifts and activities. :)

A

Aboo

Meh. They're just hurting themselves with the loss of revenue and the continued poor communication. However, since it's already the 19th, I think it's time to start inquiring about Valentine's Day gifts and activities. :)
:hahaha:

Okay maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "11th Anniversary Items and Valentine's Day Gifts Anyone?"

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to my friend that speak japanese I got one and I can have more :p

unfortunately the trees sucks in felucca map... are all without foliage :(

C

canary

hahaha the link still has the mid-Dec date for those being available to all players.

Go, EA. rolleyes:

B

BartofCats

first of... im not voting in the poll. Yet another waste of a poll.

Second... With Draconi being so Vague, maybe its time someone else read between the lines instead... The hitching post is available to us in game now it came FREE. The bookcase is also available in game. It too came FREE. perhaps we are not being told when to pay for these things because we already are paying for them and they too will be coming FREE to us??? It would be a totally nice gesture on the part of the management team to say "yah give em free". (*note in reality these gifts cost us 13$ a month and should be free anyway)

O

Old Man of UO

You need a 4th option... I don't care. It's just not that important to me.

D

DHMagicMan_1

You need a 4th option... I don't care. It's just not that important to me.
And yet you took the time to read and respond to the thread. :)

Sorry I didn't put in a "I don't care" option... I don't think I can add one after the fact.

Oh well. Not voting does the same thing I guess.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
first of... im not voting in the poll. Yet another waste of a poll.

Second... With Draconi being so Vague, maybe its time someone else read between the lines instead... The hitching post is available to us in game now it came FREE. The bookcase is also available in game. It too came FREE. perhaps we are not being told when to pay for these things because we already are paying for them and they too will be coming FREE to us??? It would be a totally nice gesture on the part of the management team to say "yah give em free". (*note in reality these gifts cost us 13$ a month and should be free anyway)
The bookcase is only free if you are a script looter..... on shards like mine you'll never ever see those books pop...

A

Aboo

Thanks to my friend that speak japanese I got one and I can have more :p

unfortunately the trees sucks in felucca map... are all without foliage :(
Since you have already obtained one, can you answer the question that has been asked and never answered to my knowledge? Do you get just one item? Or is it like it was on TC and you get a master token that gets you one of everything?

A

Aboo

+1 post count maybe? LOL
Possibly. I guess that would be like me taking the time to answer a post about factions just to say I don't care. Why would I bother if it didn't concern me and I didn't care one way or the other. Oh well, to each their own. :)

O

Old Man of UO

If you don't care why bother to answer?
Because it's a poll, and not properly constructed. I guess it's just my opinion, same as yours is all.

Also...
Possibly. I guess that would be like me taking the time to answer a post about factions just to say I don't care. Why would I bother if it didn't concern me and I didn't care one way or the other. Oh well, to each their own. :)
I don't think it's worth re-posting the same thing again and again and again... the Developers heard you and everyone else the first time. They already know and understand player's frustrations on this... what's the point of continuing this nonsense. They already know.

A

Aboo

I don't think it's worth re-posting the same thing again and again and again... the Developers heard you and everyone else the first time. They already know and understand player's frustrations on this... what's the point of continuing this nonsense. They already know.
I guess it's the same point as you posting to a thread you have no interest in?

Have you ever heard "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"?

C

canary

Actually its usually the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

F

Flora Green

They already know and understand player's frustrations on this... what's the point of continuing this nonsense. They already know.
I don't believe that for one second or they would have corrected the lack of communication, the delayed releases, the unplanned anniversaries, etc two years ago.

T

Teeshy

Of course they understand - but as Draconi posted, it has nothing to do with the design team.

Seriously, my mum would turn around and tell you all you ain't getting them now for whining so much =P

A

Aboo

Of course they understand - but as Draconi posted, it has nothing to do with the design team.

Seriously, my mum would turn around and tell you all you ain't getting them now for whining so much =P
I would probably tell my grandkids that too. EXCEPT if I promised them something and a month later still had not done what I said I would without any explanation of why I hadn't done it. Therein lies the rub I believe. No one started complaining about it until AFTER the time frame they said we could obtain them came and went without any sort of explanation. They simply ignored us.

As some people have posted if you live in Japan or have the right connections you can get them now. But for the majority of us, that isn't possible.

D

DHMagicMan_1

... and if we were paying your "mum" $14/month / account and she had that bad of customer service we'd be talking trash about her here too. What's your point? Oh, you don't have one. :)

O

Old Man of UO

My guess is that they are still reaping the rewards overseas, and are not ready to share yet. It's really a simple matter to transfer the code, not so simple to transfer the rights.

T

Teeshy

I do have a point actually - whining is annoying as hell. And going on and on about a thing, when you've been told that you'll get info when they can impart it, is pointless.

Aboo - yeah, I get that, but they've told us, several times, we just have to wait a bit longer. Seems we're still getting them, just have to wait. I don't get why people are so imapatient about it is all =)

(and seriously, whining is a pet peeve of mine =) Is yet another reason I won't have kids - they ALL whine =P)

O

Old Man of UO

I would probably tell my grandkids that too. EXCEPT if I promised them something and a month later still had not done what I said I would without any explanation of why I hadn't done it. Therein lies the rub I believe. No one started complaining about it until AFTER the time frame they said we could obtain them came and went without any sort of explanation. They simply ignored us.

As some people have posted if you live in Japan or have the right connections you can get them now. But for the majority of us, that isn't possible.
Actually... the first post I've found in search for whining about not getting 11th anniversary rewards started September 11, 2008 by Drinkbeerallday... well before anything was announced about the rewards at all. Oh wait... there's one Sept. 8th, another... anyway, well before the "one-month after" date. Over 100 separate threads that I've found.

A

Aboo

Actually... the first post I've found in search for whining about not getting 11th anniversary rewards started September 11, 2008 by Drinkbeerallday... well before anything was announced about the rewards at all. Oh wait... there's one Sept. 8th, another... anyway, well before the "one-month after" date. Over 100 separate threads that I've found.
I could be wrong in how other people think so I am speaking just for myself. We are talking about the 11th Anniversary Items, NOT rewards. I think that may be where you are getting confused and mistaken. As Draconi or possibly Jeremy posted that the 11th Anniversay rewards and the 11th Anniversary Items are two entirely different things. You may well have found posts about the 11th anniversary rewards when you claim you did, but this thread is about the 11th anniversary items that were supposed to be available to us 30 days AFTER Japan got them. Japan got them November 13th. It is now January 19th. You do the math as to when we should have gotten them.

You might also want to revise your search and post how many threads there have been on the 11th Anniversary Items NOT Rewards.

As I said before if they even just communicated with us as to why we haven't been able to obtain them yet or when we might be able to, instead of just ignoring us, we might all (those of us truly interested in them and not just wanting to belittle those of us asking about them) be a bit happier.

C

canary

I do have a point actually - whining is annoying as hell. And going on and on about a thing, when you've been told that you'll get info when they can impart it, is pointless.

Aboo - yeah, I get that, but they've told us, several times, we just have to wait a bit longer. Seems we're still getting them, just have to wait. I don't get why people are so imapatient about it is all =)

(and seriously, whining is a pet peeve of mine =) Is yet another reason I won't have kids - they ALL whine =P)
You do realize by way of your posts you are whining, right? The irony is just dreadful.

A

Aboo

Whining about whiners is also annoying. People posting to a thread that they really have no interest in except to whine about the whiners is also annoying. But we are all entitled to our opinions so I won't begrudge anyone who is annoyed with the annoyed.

I just think it is approprite to inquire about something that was told we would have access to over a month ago. Draconi never told us that we would "get info when they can impart it". He said "Whoa, whoa, hey, no. Just a little longer for the official word, sorry its taken so long, no reason to lose hope." That was posted January 7, 2009, almost 2 weeks ago.

There are LOTS of threads on UHall that I personally think are redundant. They also do not interest me nor do they pertain to me therefore I avoid them. This is a thread where I feel strongly about so I post to it. No one should take personally anything I say because honestly I just like to understand why some people do or say what they do.

I agree MOST kids whine, but they outgrow it eventually and the pleasure they provide far outweighs anything else.

A

Aboo

No, irony is a lovely thing =)

IronING - that's dreadful =)
:hahaha: I personally love to iron. I think to take something so wrinkled and dreadful and make it pristine is truly a pleasure. I even iron my sheets!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps this is a more complicated decision?

Perhaps marketing is debating the cost/benefit releasing an instore-box? (for which these would make an excellent promo items)

(or, if a cynical option is needed, perhaps transfer tokens have been selling well?)

*patiently waits for maple trees*

O

Old Man of UO

I could be wrong in how other people think so I am speaking just for myself. We are talking about the 11th Anniversary Items, NOT rewards. I think that may be where you are getting confused and mistaken. As Draconi or possibly Jeremy posted that the 11th Anniversay rewards and the 11th Anniversary Items are two entirely different things. You may well have found posts about the 11th anniversary rewards when you claim you did, but this thread is about the 11th anniversary items that were supposed to be available to us 30 days AFTER Japan got them. Japan got them November 13th. It is now January 19th. You do the math as to when we should have gotten them.

You might also want to revise your search and post how many threads there have been on the 11th Anniversary Items NOT Rewards.

As I said before if they even just communicated with us as to why we haven't been able to obtain them yet or when we might be able to, instead of just ignoring us, we might all (those of us truly interested in them and not just wanting to belittle those of us asking about them) be a bit happier.
Ahh,... you are right and partially right. I'm confusing "items" with "rewards." But then, so are most other people, also using "gift" interchangeably to mean either one. That just increased the number of threads, not to mention individual posts about it. Many of the threads discussed both. I'm not familiar with this search function enough to sort the two from one another.

I can do the math on the delay, I didn't miss that point. It's been pointed out several hundred times. How could anyone who's visited this forum more than once in the last two months not know that?

By the way, you can do the search and see for yourself... there were posts on the very first day the rewards were announced for release on the Japanese shards complaining that the US shards weren't getting them first, and when were we getting them. Go back to the first pictures of the "items" posted here about 10/16/2008.

Just saying, whether you are talking about the "items" which were discussed in the last FOF (meaning we aren't being ignored), or talking about the "rewards", it has gone way beyond squeaky wheel time. It's time to change that wheel... or at least revive the numerous other threads that already discussed it, rather than starting a new one.

A

Aboo

Perhaps this is a more complicated decision?

Perhaps marketing is debating the cost/benefit releasing an instore-box? (for which these would make an excellent promo items)

(or, if a cynical option is needed, perhaps transfer tokens have been selling well?)

*patiently waits for maple trees*
I know nothing about what it entails to release these items to us AFTER Japan has already gotten them, but I am inclined to agree with you that there MUST be something that we aren't being told that is interferring with them being able to release them to everyone else.

What should have been done was that they were allowed ONLY on the Japanese shards and not allowed to transfer off of them until AFTER everyone else was able to obtain them. My opinion, of course.

T

Teeshy

:hahaha: I personally love to iron. I think to take something so wrinkled and dreadful and make it pristine is truly a pleasure. I even iron my sheets!
*grins* I only buy things to wear that DON'T need ironing - I made my husband iron his own shirt for our wedding day (I did help a little) - I REALLY don't like ironing ;)

As to the topic - I get that y'all are anxious to know what's going on - but how does posting *here* help?

Some of the posts asking about them (over the past month and a half), aren't really asking, they are DEMANDING information, and being quite aggressively rude about it.

My comments about being annoyed by whining were in direct response to an aggressive/rude post, made in response to a light hearted comment I made =)

(And I do have an interest, I'm waiting for the tokens too! I just have more patience than some people =))

A

Aboo

As to the topic - I get that y'all are anxious to know what's going on - but how does posting *here* help?
I truly believe that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", I get that reaffirmed almost daily at my work unfortunately (and I am NOT the squeaky wheel). So that's how I believe it helps. You bring it to the front and it gets attention.

Some of the posts asking about them (over the past month and a half), aren't really asking, they are DEMANDING information, and being quite aggressively rude about it.
I agree and do not believe that is productive. However, bringing to their attention that we were told something over two months ago and was told that we could obtain the items over a month ago and no one has bother to post anything since I believe is appropriate.

(And I do have an interest, I'm waiting for the tokens too! I just have more patience than some people =))
You would be suprised that people who know me would say I have an over abundance of patience. I have 4 children and 7 grandchildren. I have at least 3 of my grandchildren spent EVERY Saturday night with me and we take them to McDonalds EVERY Sunday morning. So when my patience have almost run out then, in my opinion, it's taken way too long.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you forgot the option of who cares it is just pixels anyway.

That is my selection

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Great post.

We already have a couple of items on the token, and they are free. As you said, they are coming. So it's only a matter of time. And continuous postings are not going to change that.

All this whining and demanding is no different than a little child who simply can't be patient even after the answer was given. Which only gets repeated by the devs who are nice enough to put up with it all. "It's coming."

And I too do not care. It's just more pixel crap that, as far as I'm concerned, is nothing but decoration. Except the earrings which add some resist.

A

Aboo

Which only gets repeated by the devs who are nice enough to put up with it all. "It's coming."
Yes I can see how that answer should be sufficient. Afterall it doesn't say when it's coming does it? It could be next week, or next month or next year. It's all relative, right?

Maybe a more definitive answer might suffice? Maybe if someone said, we have run into a problem but we hope to have it to you by March? Of course I guess you are right we really shouldn't ask for a time frame since the original time frame is now 2 months past, right?

Now that my sarcasm is out, let me just repeat what I have said before. I know the Devs and other people at EA work hard and they get very little positive recognition. I respect them greatly for putting up with most of us here on UHall.

My quest to get a time frame does in no way reflect that I think anything negative about them. I am just curious and since we were told they would be available to us 30 days after Japan got them, I kinda thought maybe we might get a new time frame.

All the people who say they don't care about them but proceed to bash anyone who does care, well that's a completely different story . . . good thing I don't take that attitude and post on every and all posts regarding factions and PvP because I am completely sick of opening up UHall and seeing post after post after post from people whining and complaining about factions and PvP. I don't care about either and really dislike having more than 50% of the posts on UHall being about them. (For those who can't distinguish between being serious and sarcasm, most of the last paragraph falls in the latter category. Guess I didn't get it all out before :))

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am leaning toward the "accountant theory".

A

Aboo

I am leaning toward the "accountant theory".
You have the most calming affect on people, at least on this one person. I'll go with you on this one. Now if I can just remember the "accountant theory". :eek:

F

Flora Green

RTL:

My "problem" with this isn't the tokens, per se. I may or may not bother buying them now. My issue, as it has been for going on two years, is the lack of communication. Some of you seem to think people are mad because the pixel crack hasn't been delivered. While that may be a factor for some, it's not for me. They are just nice additions to add to deco. I can live without them. This is just more of the same bad planning, bad communication, not bothering with the customers that EA does so well. At least where UO is concerned.

It doesn't matter if it's not having Christmas gifts lined up in advance from 2007, or delayed rewards, or nothing planned for the 10th anniversary, or now the late 11th anniversary. Same old, same old. The can't (don't care to bother) even tell us why the chocolate ingredients still don't stack, why should we (I) expect a reasonable answer regarding tokens?

D

DHMagicMan_1

and following up on Flora... at least from my personal perspective, I recognize that these communication and planning problems don't lie with the Development team.

Please don't start getting defensive and shout about how great Sak and Draconi and others are doing.

I agree, in many ways the DEVELOPMENT team has added much in the last few months that has improved the game for me, and they have also added much that I don't care about but that others enjoy so I appreciate all their work.

This criticism rests with people who should be communicating (for non-development issues), marketing and planning for UO (from my perspective) and those people are earning a D- and working toward an F in my personal opinion.

A

Aboo

It doesn't matter if it's not having Christmas gifts lined up in advance from 2007, or delayed rewards, or nothing planned for the 10th anniversary, or now the late 11th anniversary. Same old, same old. The can't (don't care to bother) even tell us why the chocolate ingredients still don't stack, why should we (I) expect a reasonable answer regarding tokens?
I believe that is exactly what most people have been complaining about, lack of communication. Ignoring your customers doesn't foster lots of good will among the customers.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess what starting to get to people is the things being done for/by the Asian player base compared to what we get. They got the spring decor items a year or two ago (we were able to buy the tokens couple months afterwards), they got the slime event with AOS colors and the ability to dye cloth (we got a slime event with the dull Tokuno colors plus 5 new colors but not able to dye cloth and people had to translate the Japanese website to get more information about the event), the Asian servers just wrapped up a New Year event (we got snow), the Asian players got 11th aniversery token/box (we got..."eventually") and I'm sure I'm missing other examples. I'm not sure that many people can list what we get that they haven't gotten (EM events maybe).

A

Aboo

I guess what starting to get to people is the things being done for/by the Asian player base compared to what we get. They got the spring decor items a year or two ago (we were able to buy the tokens couple months afterwards), they got the slime event with AOS colors and the ability to dye cloth (we got a slime event with the dull Tokuno colors plus 5 new colors but not able to dye cloth and people had to translate the Japanese website to get more information about the event), the Asian servers just wrapped up a New Year event (we got snow), the Asian players got 11th aniversery token/box (we got..."eventually") and I'm sure I'm missing other examples. I'm not sure that many people can list what we get that they haven't gotten (EM events maybe).
You said it very well. We are beginning, if not already there, to feel like the red-headed step child even though we pay the same per month for the privilege of playing UO as anyone else, whether it be Japan, etc. Why is it we keep getting the short end of the stick here? Why will they not communicate with us? Will UO survive with just the Japanese shards and not the others too?