• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New player looking for some info

Kush33

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey :)

Just starting playing UO last nite. Have tryed it some weeks on private servers but wanted to try out the real deal and YES I love it !

Wanted to start on a low pop server to learn the game. Got a set of
armor from a guy I meet in Luna last nite. Thanks again (Forgot your name)
Done all the quests in New Heavn and started on the Dungeons.
What Dungeon should I focus on ? Did try the one over "Britanian?" and it
worked out very good.
Also looking to buy a runebook for Dungeons. Cant seem to find any vendor selling it ?

Have read alot of builds and I went for :

Sword
Chiv.
Focus
Tatic
Healing
Anat.
Resist
Parring

Going to drop fucus later so I end up with 7 skills. Is this a good way to start for a new char ? Any tips to this build ?

Thanks for any help and say hello if you see a char called Kush:)

:pancakes:

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey :)

Just starting playing UO last nite. Have tryed it some weeks on private servers but wanted to try out the real deal and YES I love it !

Wanted to start on a low pop server to learn the game. Got a set of
armor from a guy I meet in Luna last nite. Thanks again (Forgot your name)
Done all the quests in New Heavn and started on the Dungeons.
What Dungeon should I focus on ? Did try the one over "Britanian?" and it
worked out very good.
Also looking to buy a runebook for Dungeons. Cant seem to find any vendor selling it ?

Have read alot of builds and I went for :

Sword
Chiv.
Focus
Tatic
Healing
Anat.
Resist
Parring

Going to drop fucus later so I end up with 7 skills. Is this a good way to start for a new char ? Any tips to this build ?

Thanks for any help and say hello if you see a char called Kush:)

:pancakes:
Hit Despise, it's the best lowbie dungeon and you'll even get some artifacts there. I guess you play with the enhanced client, so you'll find it on the map, it's north of Britain.
After that, try Deceit on the ice island (you'll need a boat or rune).

For your warrior, you're all good, drop focus as soon as you hit the 700 skillpoints cap, that's a solid solo template.

You won't find anyone selling runebooks, but you can actually find rune libraries with thousands of runes for everywhere. There is one you can find very easily.
On your map, N-W of Britain (that's the way to Despise incidentaly), just left to the cemetary, you'll see a very long valley cutting the forest in two.
Just at the begining of that valley (12° N, 3° W on your radar) you'll find a tower open to the public with such runes to everywhere.

UO is a very complex game, a lot has to be learned the hard way, mostly off Stratics and UOGuide and it can be quite rough at times, but still the best available on the market :thumbup:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to UO !

Your template is looking good for a starting player.

At first UO will be overwhelming. There is 12 year of content and that can be a whole lot to learn at first. Giving yourself some time to get the hang of how things work. Often best way to learn is to try and yes die. You won't learn from playing safe. Ask alot of questions here on the boards. Alot of people around don't mind helping you out. I will advice you to keep your hands of the giant turkeys you see all over the lands at this moment.

Meet us at our own self made little events and the EM events. And of course the events the devs giving us. (Like the turkeys). Keep a eye on the boards , so you know what and when something will happend.

UO is a massive game with lots of fun with one important word in it... "Freedom". Freedom in about everything we can do.

I can go on and on about UO but that happends with a 12 year old Vet. ;)

Have fun and i know we will come across each other in our travels! :)

Kush33

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the welcome :thumbup:

I got some more questions. Since I am looking to buy a house soon
I need to sell some leather. Whats the going price for Spined/Horned/Barbed Leather and whats the easyest place to sell them ?
Should I get a vendor yet or will it cost me to much ?

After my trip to Shame last nite I got alot of Fertile Dirt. Will anyone buy that ?

Thanks for all the help :heart:

B

Boogieman

Hello and welcome to the shard!

If I were you I'd start out with a smaller house. It will suit your needs for having a safe place where your characters can drop off items and store stuff you want to save. It's also a good way to make a few runebooks available to all your characters.
Then you can always upgrade to a larger size house later.

The best place to advertise your goods to other players will be Luna bank. Find a Moongate and choose Malas --> Luna. Simply because that's where more players hang out. However you might be better off trying the trading forum here and sell some bulk leather - spined or horned.

I can help you out with the runebooks if you want. I can make you a dungeon one and we can go around and mark what I call a personal runebook - one for that specific character. Send me a PM and we'll get in touch somehow.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello and welcome ,

when you want i can make you a city bank runebook just icq me

225 650 604

oh and when you need deco for your house ... i should have some *G*

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fertile dirt can be used for plant growing or for Mysicisme spells.