• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player Looking For Guild

Rumfrey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone,

I've decided to give this game a try. I've played other MMOs out there, but from what I'm reading this game is more 'sandbox,' which is what I'm looking for.

I was wondering if there are any new player guilds to join and what servers I could find these guilds on. Thanks in advance for any help!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am training young aspiring Order Knights in the ways of Virtue on Siege for a Colony we are establishing there. We are rpers but that just means you act, speak and think as the character you created rather then the player at the screen. There is plenty of OOC interaction as well, icq, vent, alliance, party, guild chat, etc. In game we do our best to use those methods to convey out of character info and you can use brackets as a last resort... [afk need to get the door]

Start here so you don't get tramalized. Honestly if you are starting from scratch I think its easier to start here then elsewhere.. more dangerous for sure but more rewarding.

Also you wouldn't be alone as I am training 3-4 new people... many are UO vets but new to Siege and its unique ruleset so they can help you with many of the game aspects but at the same time you will all be in the same boat as far as getting used to this perilous land.

-Lore [icq 96629882] or message me here on stratics if interested

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic is the most populated shard many new player guilds setting in haven all the time

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I invite you to try Catskills. I personally enjoy helping new players and if you look me up in general chat I will help you get going. I have several houses so I can offer some sort of a base for you to play from until you get going. Do try other shards. You can have characters on all shards. Atlantic is most populated, Catskills is self proclaimed kindest lol, just make characters on siege, Atlantic, and cats, Lake Superior is good too. Make friends, learn the game a little and decide what shard you want to call home. You can ICQ me @ 447448275 or just ask for me in general chat, I am on a lot, or message me back here. You are gonna love this game, the community here is unlike anything in any other game, which explains its 17 years running.......

Rumfrey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the replies, folks! I've done a little research and I think I'm up to trying Siege Perilous. I like that it's got a more difficult set of rules.

I will make characters all over as suggested, though.

So, ICQ is just like a messaging program?

Again, thank you all so much!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies, folks! I've done a little research and I think I'm up to trying Siege Perilous. I like that it's got a more difficult set of rules.

I will make characters all over as suggested, though.

So, ICQ is just like a messaging program?

Again, thank you all so much!
Yes ICQ is was "the" message program in 97/98 and so became the message program most used by UO players and has stuck around ever since. You can download a program like Trillian that can merge all your messengers into one program so you don't have to run 10 messengers.

I am excited you are picking Siege. My guild is strict rp, and we play Virtue Knights based on the original UO fiction. If that is something you are interested in we'd love for you to join our small group. If you are looking for another path; non rp, darker side of life, etc, message me anyway and I can help put you in contact with some great guilds and people.

I've heard Siege general chat is a great way to meet people if you are new, looking for a guild or need help but its not how I would do it. Maybe I am just to caught in how the game was but I have found that establishing a network of in game connections through playing and meeting with other players, guilds and groups to be far more rewarding and lasting.

Its always nice to start with others who are new. Vets will get you started but they will rarely go hunt Mongbats with you for very long :) If defending the towns from Vice attacks, protecting citizens from evil murders and thugs and dungeon delving to the darkest reaches to fight the most vile of beast is of interest to you, then I hope you pick us.

-Lore

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, Siege is the best, people are friendly and kill you sometimes. PvP often, such fun. Dungeons are more empty but you can get tracked by some killers, so make sure you don't have anything of value. I can tame you a pet or two and give you some bags of sending with powder of translocation (for sending everything to the bank on the sight of PK). Finally, I have a little house in Malas you can always visit. It's not yet decorated or large enough, but it has many nice thingsies. Ask Tanivar, Landreu, Silent Singer, Sir Vincent or Event Horizon, Mr. NastyTime, Tanager for a rune to my humble home) or just find me in the gen chat when I'm online.
People also listen to you in chat if you ask for a res somewhere)

Rumfrey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks again for the replies. Lore Denin, your guild sounds awesome. I would love to join if you'll have me.

I need to download ICQ and the game client to get started. I'll have time to log on tonight and later in the week.

I have a busy few days ahead of me, but I'll be around most evenings after that.

Again, thank you everyone for your kindness and responses. I really appreciate it!

Rumfrey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Also, is there a demand for crafters? I played other MMOs where crafting is pretty much useless. I enjoy crafting as much as dungeon crawling. Thanks in advance!

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Denin's guild forbids the use of the gen chat if you're ready for that.

Crafting is required time to time, and many of the nice stuff must be crafted, but due to the lack of players it is less required. Still, guilds always have a use for their crafters, and many people request some specific wares in the gen chat. Selling base suits is a nice thing, but again, the lack of players makes it less profitable due to vendor fees.