• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Plants on Oceania

V

von Beck

These were all planted in normal dirt on the first day the patch was released. They just popped this morning. Post for your viewing pleasure (please don't look at the rest of the castle, about to start a deco mission!)

T

Teeshy

I so like the look of the new plants! =D

The hedges look really good lined up together too =)

Wonder if you can lock the scattered poppies/snowdrops down on the same tile as a tall hedge, and make it look like flowering hedges?

The hops are a trellis maker's dream come true too I reckon ;)

A

Amathist of PoC

Very nice Ulrica, I am still waiting for some of mine to flower so far just a cocoa tree.

T

Teeshy

How many did any of you have growing? I'm thinking maybe I need to figure out a better way to look after them? Cos I've seen a couple of screenshots of people growing 400+ - and I have NO ide ahow long that would take to look after - but wouldn't you end up with carpal tunnel after doing so many?

None of mine have popped yet, I was kinda slow to start collecting (RL got in the way ;)) but I should have a couple tomorrow/day after =)

BTW - you know that there's a bit of a problem looking after them once they "pop" if they are locked down in a house? I think you have to pick each one up and tend it, then lock it down again, OR leave them on your person/beetle

V

von Beck

Yeah after taking that screenshot I unlocked all of the plants and moved them into bags in my backpack. Seemed like too much effort to unlock/relock them all!

In the future I'm not going to grow plants locked down. After reading a few posts on stratics it seems easier to do it on a character. Plus I want the space at home to deco!

You can get 100+ in a characters' pack, another 100+ in their beetle and 100+ in their bank box. UOA's 'use once' macro can be used to cycle through each plant so you don't have to keep track of which one you just tended.

T

Teeshy

Oh! How does that work? The "use once" macro? I've seen peopel mention it, but had no idea what it does, or how =)

Cos DAMN that sounds a lot easier than making sure my "stacks" are all tended (and then going back and opening each one again, to double check - me? OC? Not much! +P)

A

Amathist of PoC

*feels she might need to get UOA just for plants too*

T

Teeshy

*chuckles* at least I'm not the only one doing it the hard way ;) LOL!

A

Amathist of PoC

*chuckles* at least I'm not the only one doing it the hard way ;) LOL!
I looked at some of the gardens in the botany section and freaked out imagining how long it would take to water and tend them.......not realizing there was an easier way I just figure these people did nothing but garden true green thumbs.

K

Katlene

i had a foxglove and a cocoa tree pop yesterday the foxgloves are simply beautiful
Im about to log in now and see if anything else has sprouted.

PS Do plants really grow in the bank?

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you get this Seeds from? What names do these seeds have?
I think i got a new one off a Mummy last night when i was training my dragon.

T

Teeshy

Get 'em off:
Mummy, Antlion, Serpentine Dragon
Tsuki Wolf, Dryad, Titan
Kappa, Plague Beast, Juka Mage
Terathan Warrior, Wisp, Hiryu

The "fragrant" seeds are always Cocoa Trees (look like Oh'ii trees) and the "peculiar" seeds can grow 1 of 16 different plants. The way I've listed the beast is the way *it seems* at the moment is the groupings - each group can grow 4 different plants, though the seeds are all just called 'peculiar" seeds.

Plants that can be grown can be seen here

Oh, along with the grouping =P Seems I wasted my time typing out the groups LOL!

K

Katlene

peculiar & fragrant

i probably cant name all of them but theres are some critters they come off

mummies
tsuki wolves
hiryus
kappas
titans
terathons
wisps
serpentine dragons
dryads
juka mage
plague beasts
oh and antlions

Ha look at that i got em all :p

T

Teeshy

Oh, I just tried out the "use once" it is helpful =)

Didn't realise at first I had to press the key for *each* plant, was trying to figure out what I did wrong, cos only one plant gump showed up =P

Do you then have to load each bag back into the agent each time? Looks that way, but not sure if there's a step I'm missing =)

F

Fink

Do you then have to load each bag back into the agent each time? Looks that way, but not sure if there's a step I'm missing =)
I lock down all my plants, and just double-click each one in series.. I just prefer them to be placed in a way that makes 'sense' rather than inside a bag.

I just drag the plant gump over the point where I'm clicking so I: doubleclick plant, click poison, heal, or water as needed, and for targeting the water pitcher I just use last target, then step to the next plant. Very little dragging of the mouse.

If anyone needs short hedges, I'll have plenty soon.. apparently I missed the memo where you have to hunt every creature on the list to get all the seeds & I just farmed mummies.

K

Katlene

The ones i have atm all came off tsuki wolves so far i have a cocoa tree and a foxglove

T

Teeshy

If anyone needs short hedges, I'll have plenty soon.. apparently I missed the memo where you have to hunt every creature on the list to get all the seeds & I just farmed mummies.
You could end up with Cypress Trees, Juniper Trees or Snowdrops as well! ;)

You don't have to hunt every creature, just at least one creature out of each "group" =)

And yeah, I actually like having my plants locked down in a logical (to me at least!) manner too, but I'll give this "use once" thing a go, cos my carpal tunnel has been bad this week =)

F

Fink

You could end up with Cypress Trees, Juniper Trees or Snowdrops as well! ;)

You don't have to hunt every creature, just at least one creature out of each "group" =)

And yeah, I actually like having my plants locked down in a logical (to me at least!) manner too, but I'll give this "use once" thing a go, cos my carpal tunnel has been bad this week =)
So it's still random?

I just went out and put together a seed bank, one for each creature, and potted the spares. I could still end up with just random crap, eh?

T

Teeshy

Kinda random =)

Each "group" of monsters spawns 4 different plants from the peculiar seeds - that page I linked to up there (post #12) shows each "group" - group 1 is Antlion, Mummy, Serpentine Dragon - and they all make Cypress Tree (normal), Hedge (small), Juniper Tree and Snowdrops

Cos I'm lame, I'm just hunting the easiest beasty in each group, and getting as many as I can - then hope I grow the ones I want ;)

V

von Beck

Cos I'm lame, I'm just hunting the easiest beasty in each group, and getting as many as I can - then hope I grow the ones I want ;)
That's not lame it's smart.

Although I think the seed distribution is kinda lame. All the tough monsters should have been in one group and those seeds give the best plants. I planted extra serpentine dragon seeds because I thought the plants would _have_ to be better than mummy seeds .... and they turn out exactly the same!

F

Fink

That's not lame it's smart.

Although I think the seed distribution is kinda lame.
Tougher creatures should at least give more frequent seed drops.

I hope they put some more effort into this "system" and make the new plants crosses of the existing plant table. I guess now it's out there, they won't put any real thought into it.

Anyhow, new plants, yay. :D

T

Teeshy

I just got my first new plants pop today too =D I know I've seen pictures of them all, but pictures aren't nearly as exciting as growing my own juniper bushes, small hedges, snowdrops and cedar trees =D

K

Katlene

*goes in and checks hers*

nothing news popped up but i could set my foxglove to be decorative.
I had 2 die though which is weird =/ ahh well plenty more seeds to be plucked out of the pockets of dead critters!! :hahaha:

A

Amathist of PoC

PoC are having a house team new seed gather competition for the new seeds, mixed bags and by monster type - at the end of the event we will be auctioning off the seeds in lots of 100 some by monster type some by mix bag.

F

Fink

PoC are having a house team new seed gather competition for the new seeds, mixed bags and by monster type - at the end of the event we will be auctioning off the seeds in lots of 100 some by monster type some by mix bag.
Is this a shard event or just guild?

K

Katlene

the seed gathering part is a guild house teams challenge after its over, and a team declaired winner, the collected seeds will be bagged & auctioned off publically (pretty sure)

A

Amathist of PoC

yes the seed auction will be a shard event the seed gather is a house team event so just guild.

F

Fink

Weird thing: I had two cocoa trees sprout this morning but I can't *doubleclick* access them (they're locked down). No context menu either. Looks like I might have to bag them after all.

K

Katlene

yeah i had to do that too. pain in the tookus really but theres always gunna be bugs

A

Amathist of PoC

seems there is a bug with the new plants - that once they sprout as to what they are you have to unlock and put them in your back pack to access the plant gump.

F

Fink

seems there is a bug with the new plants - that once they sprout as to what they are you have to unlock and put them in your back pack to access the plant gump.
Is that ALL the new ones? aaiiee...

I have a hundred or so locked down plants. :wall:

A

Amathist of PoC

Is that ALL the new ones? aaiiee...

I have a hundred or so locked down plants. :wall:
Seems to be I have had to back pack all the ones I planted - but I did read some place if you unlock them back pack them and then lock them down again they should work normally......how ever I tried this with a cocoa tree and it just was not interested so I just left the rest in my back pack.