• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Plant System Clarification from Patch Notes...

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DHMagicMan_1

The patch notes, with regard to the new plants say...

These plants cannot be cross-pollinated, and do not produce resources at this time

Not to be picky but does that mean that they will never be able to be cross-pollinated but you may, at some point add resources to some?

Or does that mean that you would consider making them crossable and maybe even give us colors and such? Maybe even making the new plant available through the Naturalist Quest?

There have been several threads both here and in Botany but I haven't seen anything from Mythic replying to anything since the Five on Friday announcement. I'd like to see your comments now that you've, I'm sure, read some of the feedback from the gardening community.

L

Lily

These plants cannot be cross-pollinated, and do not produce resources at this time

Not to be picky but does that mean that they will never be able to be cross-pollinated but you may, at some point add resources to some?

Or does that mean that you would consider making them crossable and maybe even give us colors and such? Maybe even making the new plant available through the Naturalist Quest?

There have been several threads both here and in Botany but I haven't seen anything from Mythic replying to anything since the Five on Friday announcement. I'd like to see your comments now that you've, I'm sure, read some of the feedback from the gardening community.

Well it could mean that, or it could not. I think it was SO smart of them to put out the new plants and not wait around until they could turn it into a cross-pollination system first. I mean seriously... new plants tomorrow or new plants who knows when?

Lily

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm glad they gave us something... I hope they will add some meat to the bones so to speak.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Can we PLEASE :bowdown::bowdown: get an EA/Mythic response to this... Good / Bad or Indifferent, we'd just like to know where the thinking is on the future of these plants are likely to go.

Thank you very much.

D

Devil_Woman

I think it was SO smart of them to put out the new plants and not wait around until they could turn it into a cross-pollination system first. I mean seriously... new plants tomorrow or new plants who knows when?
Oh, I don't know, how about six years ago?

Sixth paragraph up from the bottom:
Gilthas - *Rayaru* For augur: What are the plans for the 5th generation of plants?
Augur - I have the 5th gen laid out on my private server. Includes a couple types that got lost during a code-switch that I wanted in the first group, as well as basically all the remaining "good" ones.
Augur - There are no two-part "plants/trees" in there - so if you see a tree that has a trunk piece and a foliage piece, that won't be in the plant system Beyond that, there will be no reagent plants for now, and pretty much no "resource" producers (like wheat)
Augur - As a small preview : the juniper bush and the big lily pads are both in there

F

Flora Green

Regine "responded" ONCE that I saw with a cut and paste from her comments in the FoF. It had nothing to do with what was being discussed and as usual, no one from the team or Jeremy bothers to come here and address the issues some have with how and why the plants were added this way. Six years of waiting and they think we wouldn't have waited a tiny bit longer to have them at least SELF pollinate?

It's great to get new plants. Gardeners should rejoice over that. It's NOT great to have yet another incomplete addition to the game. Though that IS typical of the devs in recent years.

D

DHMagicMan_1

The way the Patch Notes are written though, it's like a politician running for office who doesn't want to commit to his position.

Either they understand that gardeners want to be able to cross-pol and raise these plants, even as a separate "group" from the first... and they will "try" or "look into it" or they are happy with 17 new bonsai and we should be too. Either they "at this time" refers to not producing resources only, or refers to cross-pol as well...

I appreciate that they added plants, don't get me wrong. I just think since there's already a mechanism to cross 3 plants into 17 and we have 17 new ones at a single time, it can't possibly be too hard to make these new ones a whole new crossable set.

Colors and Naturalist quest are separate question that I would also like to hear their thoughts on.

J

Jeremy

Cross-pollination is unlikely in the medium term, because it would require new art, and the artists are fully booked with SA. Resources are a possibility - the note was phrased that way quite deliberately - but I don't have any sort of schedule on hand.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think neon hedges would be very tasteful..

K

Kyrie_Elaison

At the Seattle Town Hall meeting, it was stated that they had no plans of allowing them to cross-pollinate at this time. They said it was very difficult to set that up (like they had with the plants in the past.) It didn't sound as if they would never do it, just that there were no plans on doing it any time in the near future.

You might want to go listen to that section of the Town Hall. It's probably the same response that you will get from Jeremy again.

LOL Jeremy just beat me to it, and it was the same response that was given at the Town Hall. hehehe

D

DHMagicMan_1

Cross-pollination is unlikely in the medium term, because it would require new art, and the artists are fully booked with SA. Resources are a possibility - the note was phrased that way quite deliberately - but I don't have any sort of schedule on hand.
Jeremy, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the response. :bowdown:

I apprecaite your time.

Out of curiosity, if you take other colors out of the picture, then crossing between the 17 new plants (not adding additional new plants) shouldn't need any new art. We have bowls, saplings, lettuce bowls etc... I don't know how much is involved in hueing the existing plants.

Anyway, I can appreciate that the artists are busy but thanks for letting us know that you heard us when we say we aren't looking for deco mode only plants.

F

Flora Green

Thank you very much for the reply, Jeremy. :) What about SELF-pollination? Is that a possibility? It certainly would be a huge help for big plant shops and special orders.