• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New particle effects & spell special effects

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's about time that the Enhanced Client got some new visual effects for a bunch of spells. I can now tell when things are cast.
-Earthquake now shakes your screen!
-Paralyze has a very nice visual of a blue aura around target. I can now see I'm paralyzed, yaaayyy! Seriously.. this is useful and I love it.
-Hit Harm has an obvious red aura around target... sweet!

All the spellweaving spells got some type of casting special effect.
-I really like Thunderstorm's effect.
-Immolating weapon has a nice effect but no buff icon or ending sound to indicate it expired. It gets lost in the fight. (Who uses this anyway, but c'mon).

Now it's time to fix Chivalry effects:
-Dispel evil has nothing. It used to have the rotating balls that surrounded you.
-Holy Light has some lame sparkle at the end. In the KR launch, they were showing off it's lightning bolts from the sky and the aura around you showing it's radius of smite. This needs to be brought back.

Of course, you need "Particle Detail" set to high in order to see some of these.

Good job devs... keep 'em coming.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the Bushido Lightning strike effect got a nice enhanced effect now.
Honorable execution has a weird effect, but noticable.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm thinking Earthquake either needs a toggle or to be toned down a bit... running into an area someone else is Earthquaking can be... disorienting.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm thinking Earthquake either needs a toggle or to be toned down a bit... running into an area someone else is Earthquaking can be... disorienting.
lol. I was redoing my house today with the new SA walls and floors when I noticed my neighbor was spamming earthquake.

I dont think people understand how hard it is to place walls, floors, etc... with your screen shaking uncontrollably.

R

Radix

hahahah, it's a nice effect, looks like it should look (appart from from cracks and craters on floor and geysers and so :D)
what's wrong, it's logical everybody were disoriented in middle of a earthquake! It's an Earthquake!! i think that most people and mobs around should fall on ground or get stunned, it's a 8th level spell, it should be powerfull.
Your house should crumble and collapse if your neighbour is so insane to cast earthquakes in a populated zone (in fel, of course) xD

Wonder if they introduce a firegate animation in the summons or so :)
they finally listened us and have include more animations, do not mess now, for once they listen.

Sadly, the more animations and the more particles and the more graphical effects, resuming, the more nice is the game, the more it will crash and lag, i hope no.

More animations in the non-animated spells please!! specially in spells like consecrate and so, we need more than a loud sound. (and it's sooo nice, at least something like lightning strike)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should try a fight with a goblin alchemist in the Abyss, now that are nice effects when they fight you. :)

R

Radix

You should try a fight with a goblin alchemist in the Abyss, now that are nice effects when they fight you. :)
yeah, absolutly explosive :D

thinking about lure some alchemist to the north and provoque them on to the fire ants, it would be funny :thumbsup: