• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendors New Magincia Bazaar "View Inventory/Remove Items" navigation arrows.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The commodity brokers "View Inventory/Remove Items" menu seems really buggy or non intuitive with the "down and up" arrows.
1. The "Down" column has a bunch of up arrows in it that move things up.
2. The "Up" column has a bunch of down arrows in it that move things down (sometimes).

The down arrows in the "Up" column don't seem to match up with what you are moving.

With the image below I'd think the down arrow icon in the "up" column (red arrow pointing to it near the UO cursor) would move the "pieces of horned leather" down. To move the pieces of horned leather down you need to click the third down arrow icon in the "up" column.

I would think if I clicked the up or down arrows in the column with the item it would move that item up or down.

Couple other things -
1. I haven't been able to figure out how to "remove" a listed item from the inventory. If you withdraw all of the stocked items does it remove it from the list? I see the item going down to 0, would be nice to see what other users see.

2. When setting "selling" limits, if you match the limit to the amount of stock you're items are not for sale. To be able to sell the items your selling limit must be set to 0. When I originally set it up I thought you had to set the selling price and selling limit, had to get someone else in game to test it with me. Again it would be nice to see what other users see when shopping at my broker.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
The commodity brokers "View Inventory/Remove Items" menu seems really buggy or non intuitive with the "down and up" arrows.
1. The "Down" column has a bunch of up arrows in it that move things up.
2. The "Up" column has a bunch of down arrows in it that move things down (sometimes).

The down arrows in the "Up" column don't seem to match up with what you are moving.
I believe that the Down and Up column headers are actually reversed in this gump and I have submitted a problem report on this issue.

With the image below I'd think the down arrow icon in the "up" column (red arrow pointing to it near the UO cursor) would move the "pieces of horned leather" down. To move the pieces of horned leather down you need to click the third down arrow icon in the "up" column.
I was not able to reproduce the second "down arrow" issue you are describing when using either the classic client or the EC. In all cases I was able to use the ‘mislabeled’ down arrow to move the item down further in the list. Are you still seeing this issue? Had you tried anything out of the ordinary with the broker inventory recently? Had someone purchased or sold you some horned leather while you were interacting with the broker?

Couple other things -

1. I haven't been able to figure out how to "remove" a listed item from the inventory. If you withdraw all of the stocked items does it remove it from the list? I see the item going down to 0, would be nice to see what other users see.
If you remove all stock of an item from the broker, it does not remove it from the broker list. This allows you to continue to purchase these items from other players using your broker.

2. When setting "selling" limits, if you match the limit to the amount of stock you're items are not for sale. To be able to sell the items your selling limit must be set to 0. When I originally set it up I thought you had to set the selling price and selling limit, had to get someone else in game to test it with me. Again it would be nice to see what other users see when shopping at my broker.
The sell limit basically sets the threshold for selling items. If you want to sell all of the items, you enter a sell LMT of 0 indicating that you want the broker to keep selling until it reaches 0. If you have say 100 items on the vendor but are only willing to sell 60 of them (for whatever reason), you simply set the selling limit to 40. You can use this to try to buy low and sell high; setting the broker up to buy 1000 of item X at 100 gold and selling up to 500 of item X for 200 gold. We tried to allow player to set up these brokers as both purchase points as well as sale points.

To remove an item from the sales list, simply set the items Buy AT, Buy LMT, Sell AT and Sell LMT amounts to 0. When these values are set to 0 then these items do not display for the customer.

I hope this information helps in some way.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The columns should be obvious, not a big issue the arrows help out.

Good to know that the actual clicking of the arrows are just me. Nice thought with the buying or selling at the same time as I was adding. It's not just the horned leather that is an issue its all of the items after the second down arrow. I think all of the items are off after the second down arrow and appear offset by one (Didn't play with it long enough to figure out the pattern). I'm guessing there's a logic bug in the code, maybe with the petals, where it thinks it may have added to the max count of items which is offsetting the up and down cursor display by one.

1. I figured there was a reason to it, me being OCD and using the bazaar to sell random items would love to remove items from the list. I'll continue to play with this.

2. Thanks for the sell limit explanation, I didn't think you'd want to keep a stash for yourself while selling off some extra.

Thanks!

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Played with the broker a bit.
So for the primary issues, moving items up and down.
Resolved the item movement by removing the broker and creating a new one using the bazaar plot sign. You submitted the problem with the columns!
I tried to duplicate the issue with the petals but had no luck. Tried a stack of 50 with and without a commodity deed. Might be something with adding certain items afterwards however at this point I haven't duplicated it.

1. Got another character to look at the vendor, setting the prices/limits all to zero removed the items from customer display while keeping the list for me to see in the management mode. (this is very acceptable, not worried if I can't purge/remove items).
2. You explained the limits of 0 will sell all items while setting a limit of 100 will keep a 100 of said item in stock, makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the brainstorming my OCD bazaar is all set!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have seen similar problems with gumps in the EC that can be caused by scaling the UI (at least with the arrows) you might try adjusting the scale to .8 to 1.0 not sure if this is the case!