• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Housing Design Brought To You By N/A of Atlantic!

Megadeath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For more than 18 years we of the UO community have been stuck with stagnant colors with which to decorate our homes. Having only returned 4 months ago after a 5 year respite, Me and my Lovely woman Quintessence noticed that the housing market was much the same. Dull colors and most still using the customize house menu to craft their own unique home. No longer we say! No longer shall we be constrained to the dull whites and greys of yesteryear! For after many hours of of self taught lessons we are Proud to Present a brand new way of home design! Now not to get ahead of myself, our first attempt at revealing our new home design met with much scepticism and ridicule. Undaunted and unscathed by ignorance we continued our practices. We created another masterpiece and once again let the UO community have a gander at our new design. Most fell instantly in love with the architecture, one did not and paged for a GM. Who could have guessed it would lead us to Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket! After speaking with the GM's for a few hours over 2 days and explaining how our New Design was actually beneficial to the UO community as a whole they gave swathing approval and a Gold Stamp to roll ahead with the project! So without further ado here are some pictures of the New Design.

My house pic 1.jpg My house pic 2.jpg My house pic 3.jpg

This home is located in fire mountain on Atlantic. Now the things that have changed with this New Design are as follows.

1. Home is Hand Crafted from all ITEMS.
2. Home will NOT render until you ENTER therefore less server lag as a whole.
3. Home appears as a blank lot unless you have permission to enter so TOTAL PRIVACY.
4. Can pack up ENTIRE home and move to a new location due to being ALL ITEMS.
5. Home can be ANY COLORS you prefer and can be built to order.
6. Home CAN be 7 Full Floors in Malas or 5 Full Floors in Trammel BUT ONLY this house design has approval due to its unique nature.

This home pictured was dyed Liquid Sunshine with Mother of Pearl top. Here is another home we created.

House #3 DONE!.jpg

This home is 7 Full Floors Invulnerability Blue and Violet Courage Purple. #3 in our Collection.

This is Quintessences home and not for sale.

Quinns unrendered.jpg

This is unrendered.

This is First Floor.

Quinns 1st floor.jpg

Quinns 2nd floor.jpg Quinns 3rd floor.jpg Quinns 4th floor.jpg Quinns 5th floor.jpg Quinns 6th floor.jpg Quinns 7th floor.png

7 Floors with a rubble house on top of a rubble mountain.

This is our current home for Sale. 7 Full Floors Shadow Dancer Black and Luna White #5 in our Collection aptly named Hall's of illusion's.

#5 unrendered.jpg

#5 unrendered.

First Floor #5

#5 floor 1.png

4th floor

#5 floor 4.jpg

7th floor

#5 floor 7.jpg

There is ZERO limit to what can be created with this New Design that we bring you! I am NightHawk and on behalf of Quintessence and the rest of the N/A guild we bid you a warm welcome to grab us in general chat for any questions or to view the homes for a more in depth look at what we speak of.

Thank you for your time. :)

UPDATE We have Created #6 in our collection named The Crow's Nest.
#6 floor 1.jpg
#6 Floor 2.jpg
#6 Floor 3.jpg
#6 Floor 4.jpg
And it allows no more files to be uploaded but as youa\have seen it is 7 Full Floors 18x18.

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is awesome. I was looking into doing something like this - but a combination of housing tiles and the crafted tiles to do stuff to my home in Malas on Atlantic, but all my home building is on hold with design jobs and real life issues taking priorities.

Quintessence

Journeyman
Night and I can help with the home building for sure, which would get the job done and give you that extra time to focus on the real life matters :) Sounds like a win win situation :)
The thing with our design that makes it legit is how we do it really. When built on any customization what so ever you are potentially facing the GM page and removal program. But because we don't use any customized tiles, instead we use nothing but crafted materials to build the entire home, there is nothing to render until you enter, therefore making our build style legit, AND helping cut server lag. Within the crafted tile selection however there is still a vast selection of colors and styles you can choose from.
If you like we can meet up on Atlantic sometime and discuss ideas, etc.?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As nice as the offer is, I do run UO Home Decor and like to do my own decorating when I have time to do it. It allows me to create guides and provide content to the site - as well as some stress relief to what i am dealing with in real life. And while I do completely understand that there is a vast variety of tiles and colors available with the crafted items, there are somethings in the housing menu that aren't craftable or aren't purchaseable.

I also like to play around and experiment - and as my Atlantic home is the only one i can do so with (as I own two castles on Origin) I don't want someone else doing it for me as the design never stays the same for long.

Quintessence

Journeyman
Not sure what UO Home Decorator is...we don't use any programs of any sort really. :) The offer is always out there should you reconsider at a later date in your life. No pressure, no hassle. :) I understand the want to redo a home and play with deco ideas for sure. It's like pixel art through a game medium :D

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
UO Home Decor is a website dedicated to guides and how tos for decorating homes in game. It's not a program.

Quintessence

Journeyman
Awesome! I will have to take a look at some point for sure. Everything we do is totally our creations, no guides or tutorials. Just good ol' trial and error :) We actually have another work of art we need to be posting here soon.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Quintessence says her's took her 48 hours to deconstruct and reconstruct with all decorations in place.
What are you crafting to get those colors? Are those plant dyes? And you are crafting each of the "colored" stone walls and stuff like that?