New Game Content

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
D

DVDA

Dear Players,

In the near future we will be adding the following features:

Dye for Houses (Make your walls, floors & windows Neon colored)
Dye for Paperdoll Underwear
Dye for Paperdoll Eyeballs
Dye for Paperdoll Finger & Toe Nails
Dye for Boats (with special option for 10 yr vets to dye tillerman eye-blinding neon fire yellow)

We would like you to vote on which feature you would like added first

Sincerely,

GM Acid
GM Magic Mushrooms
GM Peyote
GM Salvia
LSD_EA

Disclaimer: Regardless what you vote for we are going to add it in any order that we chose

D

DVDA

Forgot to add that the new features will be added as part of a $39.99 expansion pack called Fear and Loathing in UO.

Oh and as of this time Roofs will not be part of the neon house dyes as pigeons have refused to poop on them...stating they are too distracting to take aim

S

SpaceYourFace

Whenever you come within 10 tiles of a neon house the music changes from UO music to Pink Floyd or Greatful Dead. And you get the munchies and cant move away from the horrible colored houses till you eat something.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Northern California
Dye for Houses design - Eep! Please no! It would be a force of eviiiiil.

Dye for Paperdoll Underwear - Actually, although no one else would see it probably... I'd actually like this. Probably wouldn't be added due to the younger gaming crowd. When they released the different bodies styles, I was tempted just so my character's underwear wasn't white!

Dye for Paperdoll Eyeballs - Not sure how you'd explain it for existing characters (then again, we have body sculpting plastic surgeons.. heh. I'd like it though.

Dye for Paperdoll Finger & Toe Nails - Not something I'd probably use on my characters, but could see it being kinda fun. Rare nail polish *laughs*

Dye for Boats - Not so much into dyeing of the boats, but some different colors might be interesting.. darker wood tones, black and such for variety. Be fun for guilds to have fleets and such.

I wouldn't pay RL money for above, but I would pay a decent amount of gold for them.

I'll add the following with the ideas of possible gold sinks (or craftables)...

... customizable ship sails so that guilds could build recognizable fleets.

... additional house sign graphics.

... house pets. Being able to have sheep, cows etc in ones house that couldn't be used to skill train, but possibly get resources from. I'd love to have a building in an evil rp town with a pig farm to rp as a way of disposing of those killed.

U

uoBuoY

So we're getting pet dyes...what about perms? Highlights? Extensions? Claw polish? Bikini waxing?

T

The Fallout

Dear Players,

In the near future we will be adding the following features:

Dye for Houses (Make your walls, floors & windows Neon colored)
Dye for Paperdoll Underwear
Dye for Paperdoll Eyeballs
Dye for Paperdoll Finger & Toe Nails
Dye for Boats (with special option for 10 yr vets to dye tillerman eye-blinding neon fire yellow)

We would like you to vote on which feature you would like added first

Sincerely,

GM Acid
GM Magic Mushrooms
GM Peyote
GM Salvia
LSD_EA

Disclaimer: Regardless what you vote for we are going to add it in any order that we chose
OH! What's that sound..........I think it's the WHAAAAAAAAAAmbulence. lol

D

DVDA

OH! What's that sound..........I think it's the WHAAAAAAAAAAmbulence. lol
Yeah, you better call Whine-One-One....

While your at it, order me a Waaaah Burger and some French cries....

Very Original Fallout, last time I heard that I laughed so hard i fell off my dinosaur

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 14, 2008
Dye for Houses design - Eep! Please no! It would be a force of eviiiiil.

Dye for Paperdoll Underwear - Actually, although no one else would see it probably... I'd actually like this. Probably wouldn't be added due to the younger gaming crowd. When they released the different bodies styles, I was tempted just so my character's underwear wasn't white!

Dye for Paperdoll Eyeballs - Not sure how you'd explain it for existing characters (then again, we have body sculpting plastic surgeons.. heh. I'd like it though.

Dye for Paperdoll Finger & Toe Nails - Not something I'd probably use on my characters, but could see it being kinda fun. Rare nail polish *laughs*

Dye for Boats - Not so much into dyeing of the boats, but some different colors might be interesting.. darker wood tones, black and such for variety. Be fun for guilds to have fleets and such.

I wouldn't pay RL money for above, but I would pay a decent amount of gold for them.

I'll add the following with the ideas of possible gold sinks (or craftables)...

... customizable ship sails so that guilds could build recognizable fleets.

... additional house sign graphics.

... house pets. Being able to have sheep, cows etc in ones house that couldn't be used to skill train, but possibly get resources from. I'd love to have a building in an evil rp town with a pig farm to rp as a way of disposing of those killed.
When UO was new a lot of us had sheep penned up for wool gathering. This is not new love

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
My undies already have a different color:

Though, if they could be dyed... can you imagine how many people would choose brown or yellow?

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
When UO was new a lot of us had sheep penned up for wool gathering. This is not new love
It's not new but it's not allowed anymore SOOOOOOOOO we want it back :) I liked all of her ideas! And I want to dye my whole body a freakish neon color! (Well, maybe not but the sheep thing would be great)

S

Sindris

Forgot to add that the new features will be added as part of a $39.99 expansion pack called Fear and Loathing in UO.

Oh and as of this time Roofs will not be part of the neon house dyes as pigeons have refused to poop on them...stating they are too distracting to take aim

Anything to exploit the "loyal" UO customers! I didn't upgrade to SA when I found out they had decided not to give us the 7th character slot with the expansion as they had originally promised and instead decided to CHARGE 20 bucks for the slot WITHOUT any new content. But why shouldn't they charge for this stupid crap when flocks of customers not only line up to pay too much for what amounts to an automated process, but loudly and passionately DEFEND their decision to pay too much for weak content additions and "Pixel Packs" of in-game items that have mostly already existed for years already?

I find it frustrating that people not only don't seem to mind that they are paying a lot for what we used to get for free with expansions, but that they seem so happy to be getting ripped off and can't wait for the next half-assed collection of crap to be shoveled at them for $19.99.

I don't find it frustrating that they are wasting their money, they deserve to lose it, what I find disturbing is how it encourages EA to continue the practice. And yes, I know they are a business. I fully expect to pay for services rendered by them, what I am talking about is VALUE for the money we spend. And right now we are getting a lot less for our money than we used to.