• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Expansion?

G

I just made a post about this here My Post

People only play UO becuase its 2D, reminds me of FF... I feel bad for the other players who have played for years and come to love the 2d client

EA your KR client looks like trash and is a HUGE memory hog and oo did I say it looks like trash? If I wanted to play a 3d MMO I would be playing EverQuest or WoW trust me UO will never ever ever be able to compete.

We are talking this:

or
EverQuest

Or hey even why not go free and play
ArchLord?

Say why would I play the ugliest of them all?

I

imported_wrekognize

UO looks way better than that 3D junk that every other game provides...and you don't have pictures of the legacy graphics for UO.

G

Not to interrupt a good rant&spiel, but I have to say KR actually does grows on you over time. (But I won't deny that although its gotten a lot better than when I was first released, it still eats memory like crazy, especially in New Haven and around dense custom housing)

G

So the let me put it this way, this is for ALL the people who play UO becuase its all that they can handle on their pc... ArchLord you can turn the graphics down so they arnt so pretty and run it in a window, listen to music and go on the web. And beleive it or not it uses less memory then the KR client... AND still looks better then that fact wanna be 3d version of UO. Why in the world would anyone pay for that?

S

slasherofveils

I played uo way back in the day then returned a few months ago after wow.

Tried out KR, got used to it, feels like I am testin a beta game but I simply cannot et used to 2d again. Only thing about KR I have to complain about right now is the crashing issues--which seems to happen 10x as often in the event area-- and a few annoying things, like the minimap in minimode tracking being off a little too far east (but big map is fine), threads not having graphics, and paperdoll not opening by hotkey

C

ChWalker

<blockquote><hr>

So the let me put it this way, this is for ALL the people who play UO becuase its all that they can handle on their pc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you obviously have gone around and checked the specs on the comps of every UO player I would like for you to tell me what kind of comp I play UO on.

<blockquote><hr>

Why in the world would anyone pay for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard the saying "Different strokes for different folks"? Some people like it so they pay for it. If you don't like it then don't pay for it.

B

BamBamJohnson

<blockquote><hr>

So the let me put it this way, this is for ALL the people who play UO becuase its all that they can handle on their pc... ArchLord you can turn the graphics down so they arnt so pretty and run it in a window, listen to music and go on the web. And beleive it or not it uses less memory then the KR client... AND still looks better then that fact wanna be 3d version of UO. Why in the world would anyone pay for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that free game probably has all sorts of hacks and people are probably duping and cheating in all sorts of other ways that you wouldnt get on a paid server like uo....

wait.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to say KR actually does grows on you over time.

[/ QUOTE ]
A bit like a wart you mean?