NEWS New Entry in our Essays and Guides Section

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001

Sandwiched between the 'Covetous Revamp - A Guided Tour' and 'Shame Revamp - A Guided Tour' on the Essays and Guides page is a new entry composed by myself (Petra Fyde) with the help of our very able Drachenfels News Reporter, Frarc
Despise Revamp - A Guided Tour
To find this page when the direct link is not available, look for 'Essays and Guides' in the page listing, left side bar.
We hope you will find this useful.
If you have anything to add to our research, or to any other page on UO Stratics please use the comment option below the page, send a PM on Stratics Message Boards or email [email protected]

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
If there are any question regarding the Despise re-vamp i will gladly answer your questions. If some things not clear or you uncertain about it we are here to help out. This is not a debate if the re-vamp is good or bad. We only worked out the guide to help the community.

Reactions: LordDrago and kelmo

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
Those of you who seem to always hit TC1 and do things like this for us all have my respect, admiration and gratitude. Hours and hours spent figuring complicated stuff out and you get absolutely NO benefit at all in game for it because it is on Test Center, only a slight warm fuzzy feeling for passing on knowledge to others who at most times show no appreciation for it at all. *looks at 112 views. 4 replies and shakes head*

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
This Steward Give real nice option for players who organise all kind of events.

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 12, 2006
Thanks for the reminder that these are here :) I will now go all the way back to the Shame re-vamp, been wanting to go, but no time :) Thanks for all the great information!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
I hope the informations helps everyone. Or atleast give a idea how it works.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Before i forget, you can get resurrected in Despise at the ankhs too. Just don't want to do it at the wrong side. ;)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 17, 2003
just asking seems to be what iam reading....
No.

You don't need the Taming skill to control and train a creature in Despise. Any character can do it, though you will some way to heal your creature to keep it alive (e.g. Magery).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
just asking seems to be what aim reading....
You got to be joking right? The tests i did was with a warrior, a bard and a mage and Mystic. No taming involved. Not sure if a slot 1 pet would be any use. If your tamers pet kills the monsters your controlled pet learn 0 . And ONLY your Wisp orb pet can kill or damage the Lord. Even if you could take 1231613 Greater Dragons to him you get 0 result.

Maybe the word pet is a wrong word for the wisp orb monster you control. See it more as a companion you are learning good or evil. :)

I would even say, a crafter with a healing skill can do this.

Last edited:

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Thank you so much for taking the time to test this out for all of us.
It takes alot of work to figure out the commands, what to do next, not to mention testing it out with different character types. Then there is the write up, and the random..oh god did I word that right? Is that how it went?!...*runs to test it again*...yup, ok...got that part done..
Thank you!!!
You guys rock!