• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New client questions How do i take it to 2D

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do i get this new client to display the 2d?

the way it looks ands displays now it a total butcher job. cant see anything clearly.

thanks

SS

C

Cloak&Dagger

It is in 2d....not to sure what you are asking here. Maybe the tech help post will be of some use for you? (or maybe try zooming out?)

O

Old Man of UO

Try turning off the Shadows in the User Settings option. It will make it look more like the "old" style 2D, much less muddy, and improve performance a bit.

T

Trebr Drab

Are we going to be able to run SA in the old 2D? Because this new 2D appears to be KR used to make the 2D.

Edit to add: For the avatars, anyways. The world surroundings appear to be a mix.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we going to be able to run SA in the old 2D? Because this new 2D appears to be KR used to make the 2D.

Edit to add: For the avatars, anyways. The world surroundings appear to be a mix.
The developers stated last fall that the SA expansion content would be accessible using either the new client or the "classic" client (i.e., what everyone calls the "2d client").

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers stated last fall that the SA expansion content would be accessible using either the new client or the "classic" client (i.e., what everyone calls the "2d client").
well that is good, i am glad becuse out of the 4-5 clients over 11 years i am still useing the "Classic".
Do not get me wrong i am sure the new one is fine and all i am just not up to re learning to play, Again...

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I am a little confused about is why everyone thinks SA is so vastly different. The item art, trees and plants, housing tile sets, are all original 2D art. The world art and mobs are new art, and I think the avatar is new art that was intended to closely replicate the 2D art. Take a few moments and really look. Does your house REALLY look different? I assure you it doesn't ... no more so than putting on or taking off sunglasses (not a comment on color or shading, just a comment on how slight the difference really is).

C

Cloak&Dagger

Well Ailish for me the character models do change the way the game "feels" but, I was ok with KR and I am ok with SA. Just saying it is a bit different than 2d it is undeniable, but I do not find it unbearable or unplayable or anything of the sort. I also feel the learning curve seems a bit less than it was with KR but that might just be from playing with KR from time to time.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, it is definitely a bit different. It just isn't as different as some people are making it out to be. TBH, I didn't like KR at all until they added the Legacy Art option - and even then, it just did not perform well for me. I was a die-hard 3D player, so it isnt that I am *that* attached to the 2D art, its just that the familiarity of it all definitely helps!