• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Chat System - Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might use the chat feature occasionaly but would prefer to have an option to turn it off and leave it off or the defualt action is off. It's annoying to have to turn the chat channel *off * every time I log in.

Is it possible to change the way this works or to put in a toggle so that I can turn the sytem off. I'm even ok, with changing a line in the chars UO Config file to accomplsih this.

Example:
---> add this line Chat=Off (or On) right above the

CurrentChatChannel=General-Trammel.

Thanx for your time,
Q

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
new chat

Is there any plans where we can shut the new chat down ? I try to leave the chat but i can still see people talking in the chat. I for one really don't want see all the spamming and the sh*t talking people doing .......

M

Malo

Bug

what is the deal with being automaticly logged onto a UO chat?. Since the last patch, every time I log onto a character it connects me to a chat and I have one heck of a time getting off it

A

Aia

Chat System Question

Are there plans to change this system so people aren't automaticly put into a chat room when they log in?

I can understand how a global chat would be helpful for new players and during events, but I find being stuck into a chat room every time I log on, invasive.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This effect will only be temporary until Publish 63 is available on your home shard. Once this happens, your current chat channel will properly save across play sessions and this includes not being in any chat channels at all which is synonymous to turning the chat system off. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.