• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Character or Existing

L

Laelaus

Hi all, sorry for the question I wasn't able to find any easy responses in the faq/search.

Basically I'm returning, i have a skill capped mage with about 90 taming. I don't know what's going to be more effective, i have the 100 magery eval med on this char already - but skill cap means i'll have a slow go leveling animal taming

Am i better off finishing taming up on this char, or rerolling?

U

uoBuoY

Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't
ever throw away 90 taming!!!

If you want to start a new char, get a Soul Stone and transfer either magery or taming to a new char.

L

Laelaus

I just googled soulstones - it says they are account bound and only aquired through pre-ordering s empire.

Is there another way to obtain them?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just googled soulstones - it says they are account bound and only aquired through pre-ordering s empire.

Is there another way to obtain them?
Yes it is. You could buy a soulstone token(gives you a full soul stone with unlimited usess) or you could buy a soul stone fragment token(you can only transfer skills 5 times with this one).

Just go to luna and you will find a bunch. Fragments sells for 1-2 mill and the full ones for 12mill+ at least on europa.

Z

Zodiac19

If you have vet rewards left you can get a full stone 1st year reward. The last way you can buy one from the uo gamecode store.

T

Teeshy

Just as an aside, IMO you are going to have slow going trying to increase taming from 90 regardless of your total skill cap on character =) Taming is notoriously slow to raise =)

And yes, agreed, never throw away 90 taming! I'm just doing the same (buying a soulstone) to move 85 taming - wouldn't dream of throwing that away! =D