• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Character Class: Food Critic

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning everyone! After consuming my first cup of java this am I've come up with an idea for a new character class and am looking for advice.

No matter what Inn or Tavern I go to, I always get the same bland food offerings. Even the various player run vendors just offer basic items like fish steaks and ribs. Why are no better foods offered? Because there are no Food Critics in Sosaria! A small dose of public humiliation goes a long way towards insuring that Innkeepers and cooks take the time to properly prepare the foods we eat and present them in a manner both pleasing to the eye and stomach.

Therefore I am presenting a new character class for consideration. The Food Critic. I thought that Taste Identification and Forensic Evaluation would be good skills to have but was debating on Cooking? Does a Food Critic actually need to know how to cook? I offer my opinions on a variety of other topics that I am completely ignorant of so why not add the culinary arts to my repertoire of discussion topics?

What other skills would you add to the template? Perhaps a little Parry in case a cook reacts strongly to a bad review? Hiding and Stealth to get a look inside the kitchen before ordering a meal?

I am looking forward to your input.

Sincerely, Sam the Scribe (Food Critic)

I

imported_Ishtar

Thats an awesome idea, RP wise it has some serious potential.

E

Erastus

Hide and stealth are a must! You never know who's spitting in your corn. There needs to be some hunting involved also. Who really can find the best meat? I really love the idea, however, it seems the game doesn't support it. Screw it! I'd do it anyways! Best of luck!