• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New bard set

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After few tests here it is what I've discovered:

- The bard mastery bonus doubled is NOT the mastery spells effect, but this one:
Bards with any mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.
- When the effect is active, the armor have a lighter color.

- The cooldown vary from 30 minutes (1 piece) to 15 minutes(full set) and EACH PIECE has the cooldown. So you can activate the effect 4 times in a row!

- There is no buff icon when the effect is active.

- The effect can't be activate if you have no mastery.

- The cooldown remaining is visible on each piece when the effect is over.

5% Luck

Wow this is good new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly was a but weary of the potential bad implementations that this could be but an extra 5% success!!!!!!!! OMG I am soo ....happy!

The time delay is awesome as well.

As it is I run a provoke mastery. I know even as a provoker most of you run the discord mastery but for me I can provoke 160s all day and where I discord a critter once I might provoke it a dozen times...

This is what I have been looking for!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is not much to see... in order to see the effects I had to carry the crystal ball of knowledge and try to peace something, in the first try you get "very challenging", then you activate the effect and you see "challenging" that means your chances has been increased :)

The armor itself is purple and not very nice to see... luckly nowdays we all have a robe to hide it :lol:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the resists are crap on the suit too.

from what i recall from last night youd need to imbue a tunic and sleeves with max phy and youd still be short of a 70 suit.

oh wait, you can imbue these cant ya.... but ya still need to fit in the LRC and LMC and MR......

guess its time to sit down with the calculator and the abacus

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interesting.....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i wonder if you can lore a critter.

get the barding diff.

say 160.

then hit up a piece of the new armor and lore the critter again and see a difference?

hell, ill go try.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does effect stacks? Is it possible to activate all pieces within 5 secs and get 2*2*2*2 = x16 bonus?
no only 1 per time.

i wonder if you can lore a critter.

get the barding diff.

say 160.

then hit up a piece of the new armor and lore the critter again and see a difference?

hell, ill go try.
Animal lore shows the barding difficulty. Your success chance is a different thing, can be see only through the crystal ball of knowledge .

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok

so, this is what i learned.

the suit does this.... it DOUBLES your bard mastery.

here's a pic
youll notice it says activate: bard mastery bonus x2

ok, and a bunch of pic's and ill explain what i saw in the big pic.

k on the right side you see 3 pics of my guy.
the 2 on the very right with the suit looking pale purple is when the suit is ACTIVATED, the one pic to the left of that with the suit looking deeeeeeep purple is the normal color of the suit and the color it is when not activated.

effects DO NOT STACK
youll see on the very left what is said when you turn on a piece of the suit, and what it says if you try to turn on a 2nd piece.

so, what do you get if you have the whole suit on and do ya need the whole suit no..... NO.

you do not need the whole suit on.
you must be wearing the armor for it to work.

the only benefit you get from wearing all 4 pieces is the cool down period is cut in half, from 30 minutes to 15.

i tried it with all 4 on, and it does cut it down to 15.
then i tried it with only 1 on and it was 30 minutes.

i then put the entire suit on to see if that would kick the 30 minutes down, and no, it seems that it is set when you use it.

the armor tells you on it how much time is left on the cooldown, you can see that on the bottom left of the pic.

so that answers a lot of questions i had.
hmmmm, ya know what i wanna know now.... i wanna know what it does... im gonna go change mastery over to provo and get the inspire one and see if it infact does double the HCI and DI and SDI

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
cool

you dont need to be logged in for the cool down, it goes on even when your logged out

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
one minute goes by VERY fast.

it seems like when i activated the suit it was done in seconds.
but it was a minute.

just goes by very fast when your dancing around in battle

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
interesting.

i couldnt get it to show any difference in the bard masteries.

top 2 are from with no suit activated.

bottom 2 are with the suit activated and on.

no difference.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
another thing.

if you have the whole suit on and its activated and you take a piece off while its activated then you get stung with the 30 minute recharge.

that sucks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesting.

i couldnt get it to show any difference in the bard masteries.

top 2 are from with no suit activated.

bottom 2 are with the suit activated and on.

no difference.

because DO NOT double the spells effect, just the bonus from the master like I wrote in the first post...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it recharged equipped only? If not, you may have 15 (30) parts in pack and swap them on demand while others recharges.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it recharged equipped only? If not, you may have 15 (30) parts in pack and swap them on demand while others recharges.
as Poo said: if you remove a piece the cooldown immediately became 30 minutes.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
because DO NOT double the spells effect, just the bonus from the master like I wrote in the first post...
that is showing the bonus from the mastery

and that is also showing no change to it.

no?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that is showing the bonus from the mastery

and that is also showing no change to it.

no?
the mastery bonus is the success chance bonus not the spells ;)

as you can see the spells do not changes at all when the effect is active, but you have a 5% extra success chance by using the skill (and 10% on the mastery skill)

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then this suit is pointless, i dont think ive ever failed at using a mastery, only the skill

5% Luck

Id Like to say thx to all of you who have done the testing on this suit.

My thoughts are if you get 5 minutes out of 15 on hot key for a 5% bonus to a skill it is while an extra macro to push, still a great benefit. For me, as I tackle some of the toughest areas in the game barding certain mobs a full minute might be just what is needed.

I hate to not necessarily be on the bandwagon here, but imho the really tough "provokes" are in intervals of around 5 minutes. We'll take a dark father for instance. The only mob as it stands that I fail enough on is the rotten corpes. Now they dont spawn all the time but when they do a single click brings me from about 50% to 55% success. Thats not the true numbers but its what I assume a discorded darkfather and a rotten corps and a provok mastery + suit bonus would look like. That 5% adds just what I am looking for for just the right amount of time and just the right interval. I would like more yes but if i can imbue this suit to a similar potential as my current suit that would be enough.

My current suit is a travmask provoke, all 70s in protection 40 lmc w/totem and jewle slots 100% lrc max HPI and 8mr and some MI. Now I doubt I will be able to imbue that onto a non exceptional suit even if the resists that are currently on there do not count towards imbue weight as I have heard.

I run in provoke mastery always. I never have a disco or peace mastery active. I use it just for the mastery bonus to skill check success rates. I never use the spell songs even in large groups as most of my cohorts have capped suits in the mods that are activated under a spell song and the mana even for the mana regns and sdi bonuses dont stack up to the damage I could do with full mana modification from "my" suit.\

That said, I feel this suit was made in the right direction.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then this suit is pointless, i dont think ive ever failed at using a mastery, only the skill
there is no success chance on casting spells. The mastery bonus doubled is the SKILL success chance, this one:

Bards with any mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.

5% Luck

Are you saying with the suit mod active not only my current mastery is doubled but I get an extra 5% bonus to all bard skills?

Like i said before I run in provoke mastery but I do use discord for the bosses. If what your saying here is true then I get a free mastery bonus to discord as well?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you saying with the suit mod active not only my current mastery is doubled but I get an extra 5% bonus to all bard skills?

Like i said before I run in provoke mastery but I do use discord for the bosses. If what your saying here is true then I get a free mastery bonus to discord as well?
the one I quoted is from the publish note of the bard mastery.

So if you have a mastery, let's say in provocation, you get the following success chance bonus (without using the set):

discordance +5%
provocation +10%
peacemaking +5%

now, if you use the set you double the bonus to the success chance, so you will have for 1 minute:

discordance +10%
provocation +20%
peacemaking +10%

I hope it's clear :)

5% Luck

OOOWWW!

Even better!

Next the max imbueable properties. Hehe. I dont know if it can be an "all area" suit because of the non excp 450 total weight but well see....

Im sure this is gona be my top pick for CuB!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOOWWW!

Even better!

Next the max imbueable properties. Hehe. I dont know if it can be an "all area" suit because of the non excp 450 total weight but well see....

well, this suit is 4 piece and you cannot anymore use the pendant so it's a bit tricky to fit everything... and is a 125 durability item so have a short life...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OOOWWW!

Even better!

ya,

the suit is..... ok

personally 5% isnt anything to jump through hoops, IMHO

ill get the suit and carry it and maybe chuck it on, but for how much it costs to GET IT and how low the durability on it is and how $$ it will be to change around my suit to add it in.........

well at the end of the day the 5% and 10% just dont outweigh all the work.

like i said ill get it and leave it in my pack and plop it on when i find a hard disco, but short of that i think they could have made the suit a little more like the fishing one, that one dosnt have a cooldown, you get the 40 or 50% increase to bait by just wearing it.

really, this suit to be good should not have a cooldown.
5 and 10% isnt a game changer.

it should be 5 and 10% and no cooldown.

if they wanna keep it with a cooldown.... cause its uber elite.... then make the % WORTH needing a cooldown...... like 20%

no?

and back to my original pic.... if they are gonna give us a 5 and 10% bump they should make it so we can SEE what the bump is doing on the critter when we lore it WITH the suit on and activated.
make life easier for us to check stuff out.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really want to get excited about some of the new suits they are making available for the turn ins. I was thinking the Virtuoso Suit just might be the one. But after reading this thread and testing it for myself on TC I am disappointed.

The length of usage (1 minute) is to short, the cool-down period to long. I imbued 1 MR on each piece which combined with the rest of my suit gave me 11 MR and I have 120 Meditation. The pieces being non-medable the mana pool is poorly lacking.

I would rather for-go the added 5%/10% bonus the Virtuoso suit gives for 1 minute for the freedom and increased survivability my current imbued suit gives me with medable armor/meditation, SDI, Mana Increase, etc. etc. to boot! :)

I appreciate the effort to give some special abilities for barding but I am a practical man and this suit (IMHO) does not have practical use.