• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New article idea

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ishtar

I know not everyone roleplays but I'm gonna toss this out for some feedback and research.

How important is it to stick with IG lore for RP, especially pre-existing long term lore?

Do you think it's ok for people to ignore said lore if has been established for a long time?

G

I personally do not think it is imperative that IG lore be "stuck too". If you look at it in real world terms, history is writen by the winners, so it is reasonable to assume that RP lore can be rewritten, deleted or lost just as real lore can.

That's just my take on it.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with ShanShu. I'll add that most folks just don't have the time to learn game lore. I believe that we should encourage folks to come up with their own UO history and tales.

Characters from different cultures might view the same historical event differently, so it's not important for a story to be told the same way every time.

And finally... who decides what lore is? Is there some official EA lorekeeper? Nope. I think that's our job to create and write the history of these lands though our own adventures and perspective.

Safe Travels,
Sam

I

imported_Ishtar

What I am referring to is in game event lore, like the invasion in Magincia etc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I am referring to is in game event lore, like the invasion in Magincia etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, and it will be distorted and forgotten after a time. It's retelling will be fragmented and from the perspective of the teller.