• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New archer bard template help.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone, I started a bard from an advanced char token. To make room for the bard I had to delete my old archer , I stoned of his skills and said goodbye! Made my bard and are the token. I am deffo having the following skills:

Archery 116/120
Tactics 118/120
Music 88/120
discord 73/120
Chivalry 58 /115

That leaves me with the choice of several skills that I have already eaten 120 scrolls for, I am torn between the following for my last skill.

Resist 70/120
Anat 120/120
Bushido 100/120
Provo 85/120
Peace 85/120

As you can see I have lots of training left to do but with so many skills to pick from for my final skill and no experience playing a bard I don't know what to do! Can any of you seasoned bards point me in the right direction. I want to be able to take on high end mobs like balrons and champ spawns and stuff.

I have a decent suit with lots of mana regain and stam/hp regain (14 mana regain (14 hp regain and 10 stam regain) all 70's m&s glasses,shroud of condemned and quiver of Inf and a mana phasing orb as I had no idea what tali would be best. Also I trIned my archer well but didn't really use him so if anyone can suggest a good all round mods on a comp bow I will have one made (pvm).

It's so frustrating as I am sat in a hospital bed at 5;30 am wanting to train char but I can't bring my laptop lol. I am in the uk to explain time lol.

Any input will be great, thank u in advance!

5% Luck

120 archery
100 tactic
100 necro
120 music
120 discord
100 chiv
50 bushido

Add in a little skill jewlery(120 tactics) lots of HCI and mana leech on your slayer bows and your golden! You might take anatomy over bushido but I think perfection will out weight any skill damage bonus not to mention the quick heals and replenished stats after kills.

As for a suit, M&S are a great start. Make sure you have your item DI @100. If ya need to there are a few good artis with DI but 50 on the ring/brace and 40 on the wep brings your real close. A conj trinket will fill in the rest(drop the wep to 30di)

Imbue the rest of the suit with stm+ LMC mana+ and resists. If your not feeling thrifty consider a heartwood suit! Mega expensive! Other then that carrying a peice of arcane to cast vamp embrace as needed is a nice bonus.

Over all even if the mob is not discorded, with a slayer wep and vamp form you shouldnt need too much in the way of healing. You will leech enough health to over shoot most if not all of the magic damage. Carry a trap box for para's and be sure your bow is swinging fast 30+ ssi maybe a rangers cloak.. Tool this guy out for damage!

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 archery
100 tactic
100 necro
120 music
120 discord
100 chiv
50 bushido

Add in a little skill jewlery(120 tactics) lots of HCI and mana leech on your slayer bows and your golden! You might take anatomy over bushido but I think perfection will out weight any skill damage bonus not to mention the quick heals and replenished stats after kills.

As for a suit, M&S are a great start. Make sure you have your item DI @100. If ya need to there are a few good artis with DI but 50 on the ring/brace and 40 on the wep brings your real close. A conj trinket will fill in the rest(drop the wep to 30di)

Imbue the rest of the suit with stm+ LMC mana+ and resists. If your not feeling thrifty consider a heartwood suit! Mega expensive! Other then that carrying a peice of arcane to cast vamp embrace as needed is a nice bonus.

Over all even if the mob is not discorded, with a slayer wep and vamp form you shouldnt need too much in the way of healing. You will leech enough health to over shoot most if not all of the magic damage. Carry a trap box for para's and be sure your bow is swinging fast 30+ ssi maybe a rangers cloak.. Tool this guy out for damage!
Excellent advice, would it work with 80 chiv so I don't have to rely on +skill jewels for 120 tactics as I don't really want to drop the skill, also I was thinking of running jewels with +15 hci +25 di and perhaps fifteen dci also, I spent well on the suit so as it stands I have the regains stated above and also +38 mana and around 25 extra stam, I am buying a +25 stat scroll so will run with as high str and dex as possible but still leave myself a bunch on int , was thinking of leaving the dci off the ring and brace and adding some + int, also I am boosting the int with a tangle when I buy one!

Really looking forward to this char! I read that there isn't much I won't be able to solo, I will also carry lots of apples to deal with debuffs, and I will chug heal/refresh potions as needed. Will 50 bushido cut the mustard? I can't see any way to work it in higher but as long as I can ls and confidence heal I guess it only needs to be 50.

What shard do you play mate?

Thanks
Jethro Tull of GL

5% Luck

80 Chive will be enough maybe. Just double check you getting as close to the 300 cap as possible. 100 di from items and 200 more from slayer, spells and, perfection.

I try to make sure all my pvm chars have 140 hp. That seems to be the magic number when opposing the rng. The game seems to try to take you out with a 135-140 hp bomb now and again. Its hard to forsee but at 140-141 hp I usualy survive with very minimum health.

If you do the archery dance right dci shouldn't be necessary unless your going to pvp or fight archer mobs. Rat archers/centaurs. And both of this should be easy anyhow.

If you have only 50 Bushido LS is going to fail most of the time. That means capping your hci one way or another is the goal. 30 from ring/brace then you need 15 more. You can use a conj trinket or faction primer but there are other options like a hunters headress heartwood armor pieces glads collar or on the bow itself. Save for the headress, they are all expensive and using it will take away the M&S which is certainly discretionary at best.

Using pots means having a balanced bow. Yes thats great but I suggest trying to go without it and use remove curse from chivalry. It does cost some mana but that mod space on the bow is crucial for extra damage. Di/slayer/ssi/vel/spell is the best option but if you need HLD or HCI then they will take priority.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
80 Chive will be enough maybe. Just double check you getting as close to the 300 cap as possible. 100 di from items and 200 more from slayer, spells and, perfection.

I try to make sure all my pvm chars have 140 hp. That seems to be the magic number when opposing the rng. The game seems to try to take you out with a 135-140 hp bomb now and again. Its hard to forsee but at 140-141 hp I usualy survive with very minimum health.

If you do the archery dance right dci shouldn't be necessary unless your going to pvp or fight archer mobs. Rat archers/centaurs. And both of this should be easy anyhow.

If you have only 50 Bushido LS is going to fail most of the time. That means capping your hci one way or another is the goal. 30 from ring/brace then you need 15 more. You can use a conj trinket or faction primer but there are other options like a hunters headress heartwood armor pieces glads collar or on the bow itself. Save for the headress, they are all expensive and using it will take away the M&S which is certainly discretionary at best.

Using pots means having a balanced bow. Yes thats great but I suggest trying to go without it and use remove curse from chivalry. It does cost some mana but that mod space on the bow is crucial for extra damage. Di/slayer/ssi/vel/spell is the best option but if you need HLD or HCI then they will take priority.
120 archery
120 tactic
100 necro
120 music
120 discord
80 chiv
50 bushido

Is looking like my final template then, will use bushido for heals/ honour and make sure di is capped out. Once it comes to buying jewellery I will look at (on the pair) 30 hci 50 di and + skill to maximise discor gains to the stuff I hunting. Thanks again for your help!