• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] need some help

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My parry seems to be stuck at 107.8. I was using the yew sheep method yesterday and gained about 3.0 points. I returned to the pen and attempted it again - all 9 sheep attacking. I do have a shield equipped and a mace weapon (im a swords user).

I've been at it for about 20 minutes and not one gain. Am I doing something wrong this time around?

As noted above, my parry is at 107.8 and my bushido is at 59.4. I've tried both weapon and shield, one handed weapon and a two hander and nothing!

C

Connor_Graham

With your Bushido that low you may have to raise it, or stone it off and don't use a shield.

G

Gunn1997

having a similar issue, i just came back to the game and converted my dexer to a sampire and now that i got a power scroll for parry i cant figure out how to raise it :/

bushido is 85, parry 100, i cant even figure out if i need to wear a shield or just a weapon, ive tried both but gotten no gains so far so *shrug*

C

Connor_Graham

having a similar issue, i just came back to the game and converted my dexer to a sampire and now that i got a power scroll for parry i cant figure out how to raise it :/

bushido is 85, parry 100, i cant even figure out if i need to wear a shield or just a weapon, ive tried both but gotten no gains so far so *shrug*
Use a shield and a wep you don't have skill in.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a long time since I hit 120 parry but If I remmeber correctly I just got neekid and used a dagger(I am a swordsman) an NO shield and I went from 105-120 in about 4 hours.

Just try that with the sheep or you can go and try to train on disarmed female fighters in the pit.

C

Connor_Graham

It has been a long time since I hit 120 parry but If I remmeber correctly I just got neekid and used a dagger(I am a swordsman) an NO shield and I went from 105-120 in about 4 hours.

Just try that with the sheep or you can go and try to train on disarmed female fighters in the pit.
He's got Bushido. He has to use a shield to get gains.

E

Eyes of Origin

I'm in the same boat.. at 75.8 parry.. have 110 bushido.. I tried the sheep method and the jhelom pit method and cant gain for anything :( Any suggestions? Yes, I'm wearing a sheild and I'm also using a wep that I have no skill in.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm in the same boat.. at 75.8 parry.. have 110 bushido.. I tried the sheep method and the jhelom pit method and cant gain for anything :( Any suggestions? Yes, I'm wearing a sheild and I'm also using a wep that I have no skill in.
Did you check to make sure the skill is set to raise, and that you have skill points available? The sheep method has always worked to my knowledge as long as you make sure to use a wep you have no skill in (not a UBWS) and have a shield equipped if you have Bushido. Also make sure you have no DCI.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
With craftable, one-use soulstones on the market, you might consider throwing bushido onto a stone, training parry, then returning busido to your toon. Might work faster.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried the sheep method and it didn't work for me. I was using a mace (I'm a fencer) and no shield. My skill tutor statue told me sheep were too easy. I went to the harpy nest in ilsh and started gaining right away. If you decide to do that make sure you can heal yourself. Just last night I went from 109.5 to 110 in less than 5 minutes using that method.

C

Connor_Graham

I tried the sheep method and it didn't work for me. I was using a mace (I'm a fencer) and no shield. My skill tutor statue told me sheep were too easy. I went to the harpy nest in ilsh and started gaining right away. If you decide to do that make sure you can heal yourself. Just last night I went from 109.5 to 110 in less than 5 minutes using that method.
I went from 100 to 120 Parry in about 2 hours using the sheep method. *shrug*

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm...well, everyone's experience is different. I've used the sheep method on three toons: each time, I've raised parry from 40 to 120 in approximately 6 hours.