• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

need some directions ...

L

Lord Kynd

ok i know the old forums had a KR section, for some reason i am not finding a KR area or much talk even about it.

i have questions and need answers , wheres my :link: :)

now to remember to come read this threed :p

N

Nenime

There is no KR section yet. The former structure is said to be copied into this new forum but will take some time.

So, tell me about your problems. :popcorn:

T

T_Amon_from_work

thank you

problem, well not yet ...
i kinda want to download and try KR, eww
but am afraid that my macros/settings in 2d will be gone
same for uoA macros /settings
Won't happen ... they are separate clients and separate folder paths. I have both quite nicely co-existing on my system along with UOA. Go forth and check it out ...:)

L

Lord Kynd

Won't happen ... they are separate clients and separate folder paths. I have both quite nicely co-existing on my system along with UOA. Go forth and check it out ...:)

thanks T
so there are no known issues with running both client's ?
i remember 3d screwed things up.

A

Alrich

cant be in 2d and kr at same time, but ya no issues having both installed. Each is a separate program so installing KR effects 2d about as much as having microsoft office on your pc does.

Separate macros though, so you will have to recreate macros in KR-- no way to import them over as they use 2 totally different macro systems.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You "can" run 2D & KR at the same time, by bypassing the KR patch server (won't tell you how, but you can probably figure it out), but it lags even a modern system so bad that the only reason you'd ever want to do so would be to transfer a pet (or rez one) between accounts if you have multiples, or to add people from one account to the other's guild. And those can be done more above-board by logging into two different Windows Identities, logging into UO with both, then switching between them, whereas there's never been an official ruling as to whether the method I first described is legal or not (and the drawbacks are such no one will ever use it for anything other than those limited applications).

Everything else can be done by leaving stuff in ones house (one can add friends & co-owners with 2D alone by logging the character out outside the house, then logging the owner account in and targeting them)