• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need proper tactics for Doom Gauntlet Archer plz

R

Razzputon

This is my template:

120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Resists
70 Chiv
120 Music
120 Discord
120 Prov (+30 Skill on Ring and Brace)
I have 100% DI ,30% HCI and +8 mr with all 50-65 resists.
I average 170-245 damage with a slayer weapon on Ogre Lords.

I solo with this guy also, hence the Barding skills.

I'm not used to playing in groups so I need some advice on proper Archery tactics in groups and Doom Gauntlet please.

Since it was my first trip in Doom with an archer I started really slow. Waited till about 15% health was gone before I started shooting. I fought with a group of 5 other people 2 Pallies, a Tamer and 2 Weavers.

The Rooms went fine I didn't blow it out and I didnt get any agro.

On my first Darkfather I waited a good 20% health drop before I started shooting. Within 4 shots he was all over me. How did I pull his agro to me so fast? What do I do when I get agro with a group in Doom. And how do I get maximum Damage without pulling agro from a DF, or any monster for that matter.

Tanks!

R

Razzputon

c'mon don't be shy! 41 Views. Someone has to know something! =)

C

Connor_Graham

"I'm not used to playing in groups so I need some advice on proper Archery tactics in groups and Doom Gauntlet please. "

Archers stand directly behind the meleers and crossheal them to keep them alive. The longer the meleers stay alive, the quicker the DF's and room bosses go down, the quicker everyone gets artie drops.

Archers also cut bones.

Archers also cut bones.

Archers also cut bones.

Did I mention that Archers need to cut bones? This is one of the most important functions of an Archer while fighting the DF's, and helps to keep everyone alive. The last thing you want is a couple of Lich Lords spamming wither, corpse skin and flamestrike on everyone, not to mention Rotting Corpses. They are a major PITA and take too long to kill when they can be easily avoided by just cutting bones.

Don't wait to start attacking. As soon as the meleers get set and get a couple of hits in, start shooting. You're not going to be able to avoid drawing aggro, but if you're crosshealing with a couple of meleers, all of you will stay alive. Just with myself and one swordsman, we were able to take down a DF rather quickly by doing nothing more than crosshealing each other, while I cut bones in between bandages.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

I'm curious how much extra chance for Arty the top damager gets?

If I understand the new system... the top 16(?) damagers on the target all get credit for the monster.

Those credits build up and are like a % chance of a drop. So when you kill a boss you get XX amount of credits added to whatever you had before, and that is whats used to calculate the % chance of you getting a drop. If you get a drop then the credits are reset to 0 and you start over.

So you really have a chance each time your in the top 16(?) people damaging the monster. So if there's 5 people and you hit it once, you get as much credit as the guy doing 3k damage.

Does that sound about right? I thought there was something different about the TOP damager. That the TOP damager's luck came into play, and they were given a bonus credit or something?

If thats the case, then you can look at it a couple ways. Either be the top damager every time, or just be in the top 16(?).

Now if it's a scaled system, where the damagers are ranked from top to #16(?) then just do as much damage as you can so you get more credits.

If it's not, then you only need to stay in the top 16(?) and not draw the attention of the monsters to have a good chance at a drop.

*Oh yeah.... CUT BONES

G

You can set a macro to cut bones. When Daddy throws them, some of them land on the ground and stay bones at your feet for a short time before they spawn into a creature. It is at this point that you want to take a dagger (or some other cutting item) and "cut" them up so they don't spawn into a creature. The easiest way to do this is by setting a macro to use your dagger.

Doom can be hard on an archer if there isn't a viable "tank"; IE: melee fighters, pets, etc. If you have provo and enough rotties spawn, the rotties can be your tank. Without a tank, you will get aggro'd as an archer as soon as you start shooting. Hook up with any melee players and stand just behind them, xhealing. Pop bandaids on them and see if they return the favor; most will.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"I'm not used to playing in groups so I need some advice on proper Archery tactics in groups and Doom Gauntlet please. "

Archers stand directly behind the meleers and crossheal them to keep them alive. The longer the meleers stay alive, the quicker the DF's and room bosses go down, the quicker everyone gets artie drops.

Archers also cut bones.

Archers also cut bones.

Archers also cut bones.

Did I mention that Archers need to cut bones? This is one of the most important functions of an Archer while fighting the DF's, and helps to keep everyone alive. The last thing you want is a couple of Lich Lords spamming wither, corpse skin and flamestrike on everyone, not to mention Rotting Corpses. They a major PITA and take too long to kill when they can be easily avoided by just cutting bones.

Don't wait to start attacking. As soon as the meleers get set and get a couple of hits in, start shooting. You're not going to be able to avoid drawing aggro, but if you're crosshealing with a couple of meleers, all of you will stay alive. Just with myself and one swordsman, we were able to take down a DF rather quickly by doing nothing more than crosshealing each other, while I cut bones in between bandages.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very helpful info...great post!