• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need ideas for my castle

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been avoiding this question, and tried to ignore the empty space in my castle but I can no longer do it. I use the castle for two purposes: store my bods and grow plants (just casually, not as a profession). I really don't
"live" there, so I I am not too concerned with decor, but having the decorator bug in me, I need to have some style in the place!

Before anyone suggests it, I cannot put my bods in vendors. I live on Siege in the swamps. I will not make my place public.

The bottom middle room contains the bods collection and has a mini-crafting area. All of the corner rooms are lightly decorated with a theme. The North and South walkways are decorated the same way (with eleven benches and flower boxes). The east walkway is my garden area.

I tried to decorate the upper middle floor like a dining room. but I just didn't like what I did. I am thinking about trying again with stone tables and chairs, but I just don't know what to put along the walls.

At this time, I have a about 400 lock downs available in the house. That fluctuates with bods coming in and out of the house.

I have looked through the caste and keep thread, but so many rooms have lock down intensive ideas (I consider the bedroll couch intensive)So, any ideas for a good middle room? I just don't want it to be empty anymore. I can post pics later, if you want. I don't have time right now.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goza mats for the floor and add-ons. Neither take up lockdowns. Also with bods it sounds like you are keeping them all. Are you ever going to fill every bod you have? I really try to keep mine organized, if I get a bunch from an idoc it is tough but eventually they all get sorted and I just trash the junk ones instead of filling to turn in. I sort by reward type, larges in one book and smalls in other books, all labled with all caps.

BTW you may hate the idea of making your house public, but it would actually be really great for BOD storage - and really easy to do with a ladder on the front steps and the front door set to friends only.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have acquired several bod collections over the past year from retiring players. I do not keep ALL bods, but what I am left with is still ALOT. Although, I think I need to sort through my smithy bods again. I think I have alot of those that can be trashed or given away.

The castle is actually in Hubby's name, and he is dead set against making it public so I am trying to do the best I can. I like most of my simple, lockdown friendly designs. I want to stay with that idea.

I know I will figure out something soon bc I am to the point where I can't stand an empty room anymore, so I will force myself to decorate!

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Patty... Years ago when I used to actively do BODs I had a pretty "Lockdown Friendly" design. I had screen shots, but they seem to have been lost over time. Basically, I used colored large stone tables to denote what material the BODs were, and then chests on the table separate the books. On each chest I put a piece of Body Armor to show what kind of BODs were in the chest... Plate, Chain, Ring, Leather, Studded, Bone. So at a quick glance I could see where my Valorite Platemail BODS were, or where my Spined Studded Leather Bods were. Now there were 3 boxes on each colored table, one for each type of armor. In each box I had 3 BOD books. In the lower left corner I had Small Normal, in the lower right I had Small Exceptional, and in the Top Center I had Large. I then placed a few addons like a forge and anvil, loom and spinningwheel, and some small stuff here and there.

The overall effect was a very clear, clean, and well organized workshop with minimal lockdowns. Now this was done in an 18x18 customizable. But with a little ingenuity Im sure you could make this work in a castle. If I can find the time ill have to try and make another one just to take screenshots of. I hope this helps.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like an awesome system! However, I sort my bods according to reward and not by type. Besides, all of the "high end" smithy bods and most of the high-end tailor bods are kept in my keep, and the bods in my castle are the low-end reward bods that I don't have the heart to throw out. Here is a pic of my storage for bods:

I am not happy with this room and plan on working on it some more.

I was looking more for ideas on how to decorate the rest of my castle, with only 400 lockdowns left. I am going to try to use as many deeded items as I can, as well as clean out some smithy bods.