• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with PVP archer

H

Hans

My archer is currently:

120 Arch
110 Resist
100 Tac
100 Ant
100 Hide
90 Heal
95 Chiv

When I put together my suit I am going for resists, stam/dex increase and HCI, but I am not sure what exactly I need for this build. Char is for pvp and champs. Also what kind of stats should I be looking for?

Thanks for the help

G

GFY

It sounds like you have 715 skill cap.

When I came back to UO just before Mondains Legacy i turned my archer into a bushido archer. I pushed archery and bushido as high as possible and I haven't looked back. I'm not a pvp god but I do maintain Knight of Justice and my build is very good PVM.

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Chivalry 80
Resist 100

If you can add a few points in your items all the better. Remember you need as much dex increase as possible, 150 should be your goal. The mace and shield glasses are a great item to have because of the hit lower defense special. It really makes your targets much easier to hit. Your bows should have a good mana and stamina leech to keep your swing speed maxed and your mana full. Some players drop resist but I haven't tried that yet. You could drop healing and add necro to cast vampiric embrace so you can regen health with every hit but i haven't done that with my archer...yet!

Good Luck & Good Hunting

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Resist 120
Chivalry 95
Meditation 110
Necro 35

This is what I use and I have a lot of fun on him. That template is very item dependant though. Need to cast 4/6 for chiv to be the only healing method, which means you have to use the orny. I usually use a crossbow for mortal/conc. If you get low on mana just whip out a good magical shortbow and chain lightning strike (crit for 35). And occasionally switch to the composite to run them down.

Just enough necro to use items to get to vamp embrace - extra MR and Life Leech helps alot.

I also use a 100% reflect phys suit, so I take alot of physical dmg which is why I went with Chiv/Med instead of waiting a few secs for the bandy to hit.

G

GFY

Need to cast 4/6 for chiv to be the only healing method, which means you have to use the orny.
I have been wondering if you could use a scroll to cast protection. (To keep your spells from being inturrupted)

Would this allow chiv spells to be cast fast enough to keep me alive PVM? PVP?

K

King Frankie

Skip chiv totaly and go for this and above 175 stamina there is no other way around it tbh if you wanna pvp :p

Archery 120.0 120.0
Magic Resistance 120.0 120.0
Ninjitsu 113.0 113.0
Anatomy 100.0 100.0
Healing 112.0 100.0 +( 12.0)
Tactics 100.0 100.0
Meditation 67.0 67.0

S

Sir Kenga

What's good in 95 chivalry? isn't 65 more than enough?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been wondering if you could use a scroll to cast protection. (To keep your spells from being inturrupted)

Would this allow chiv spells to be cast fast enough to keep me alive PVM? PVP?
Casting protection would put you at 2/6 casting. That is fine for PvP if you can't be disrupted.

The only issue with that is it really hurts your resisting spells. I'd recommend not using protection.

V

Vyal

A champ killing archer, do not use that template.

I suggest chiv, necro, and bushido. Ya thats a tuff squeeeze but it doesnt all need to be GM.

necro go wraithe form for mana leech plus withers, chiv for enemy of one, and bushido to honor.

non stop AI doing 200+ dmg to a coon isn't to to to to bad. template works well on most spawns including the harrower spawns.

THIS will not cut it for PvP, PvP I use chiv and spellweaving for pixies, I did the quest before I went red ages ago.

Dismount sick pixies on your target remount mortal running shot a few times mortal conc. everyone = deadmeat :) and if you run into one of those smart ass mages who like to dispell simply whip out your magic short and stick it in their face.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or until you fight a mage who just withers and kills all your pixies.

V

Vyal

nah necros dont stand a chance either, I dont need pixies to kill someone ;)
necros make it easier to heal, those noobs that cant do anything but strangle, well that just lets me heal up even faster.