• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Need help crafting a specific suit.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to attempt making a max physical resist suit with 100% LRC, DCI, and as much mana regen and LMC that i can put on it.

I have all the stuff i would need to do anything (reforge,imbue, enhance, refine) I'm just not sure the best way to go about making it.

I tried reading up on the new refinements and I dont get it. I barely understand how to work the reforge/imbue system.

So I am hoping one of you crafting experts can help me with how you would approach this suit. In a crafting for dummies type of way.

The character has meditation, but its not a huge deal i can stone that off because the way i understand it the refinements cant be used on medable armor?

Thank you in advance :)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, the most you will be able to have in your resists will be 64 if you want max DCI potential. You will need to get invul refinements for each piece and hope that you get the 5th mod on each. (invul gives 4 mods with a chance of 5) so it would be best stocking up. I am assuming it’s a non gargish suit so here is how I would go about it.

You have several options. Woodland (elf only) or studded leather or any of the metal armour. Now woodland is an interesting option as heartwood gives an extra property when you enhance, you could do this to get your DCi or you could reforge and enhance and hope for the DCI (this stacks with reforged.)

Firstly make yourself a spreadsheet.
Once you get your base pieces (see below) refine them FIRST then reforge and PoF / imbue / enhance.

Reason you are refining first is you don’t want to put a lot of effort into a piece then find you have only got 4 out of 5 mods!
Have your 6 armour slots as a column with the resist types as rows going down and add in the base resists for that piece. Distribute your 20 exceptional / arms lore points and make sure that any resist you are going to imbue has NO exceptional /arms lore bonus points in it. For example. You craft plate helm Base resists are 5/3/2/3/2 . we get an exp/armslore spread like this: 10/3/7/8/7, we can then imbue fire resist without losing any exp/resist points after imbuing 10/18/7/8/7 then when it comes to enhancing I always have what material I am going to use in mine beforehand and then look at the chart to see where each piece needs a boost. So for this one if we were to enhance with say, Val it would finish up at 15/18/11/12/11 a 67 resist piece with just one resist imbue. This will be the way do do resists for each piece swapping around the resist slot that you imbue each time. You will easily be able to max out resist for all 70’s (or 64’s in your case. )

Have each piece of armour and its base resist. If you want DCI and high MR on each piece you are going to be making a lot of base pieces and burning through a lot of charges to get what you want.
Or you can reforge the DCI and simply imbue with LRC / MR and LMC – baring in mind that non med armour now has inherent LMC so it would depend on wherether you went for ring/chain/plate as to how much you need to boost. (totem of the void / mana phasing orb etc)
You will need to be reforging double named pieces using the mystic/of sorcery option for the MR and the Towering / of aegis for the DCI. You will need, I think, a copper hammer and basically pray to the RNG that you get DCI and MR (or DCI and LMC or LRC at cap.) once ou have your desired mods at cap fill up any remaining weight/imbue slots with benificial stuff like INT increase, Hit point inc etc.

Once you have your 6 pieces powdered / reforged then add the remaining desired properties / resists with imbuing. Then get yourself a forget metal of artifacts and enhance it all! Then sit back, look at your suit and drool!

Hope this has helped.

Raz

Last edited:

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For maxing out your DCI - 5% on 6 pieces = 30 ring+brace = 30 + quiver of infinity and mana phasing orb = 70% DCi - add hit lower attack on to your wep mage wep and laugh when nothing can hit you!

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just threw this together in mybreak at work, figures for intensity on properties are from memory so may be a bit off but its just to giveou anidea of how to go about suit building.

Suggestions for a suit. Reforged imbued imbued reforged

Suggestions for a suit. Reforged imbued imbued reforged
Phys Fire Cold pois energy Weight MR LMC LRC DCI Int Mana Inc Hit point
Helm of ins 5 3 2 3 17 2 8 8 15
Plate gorg 10 18 7 8 7 496 3 8 20 5
Plate Tunic 10 18 9 7 6 496 3 8 20 5
Plate Arms 7 18 10 8 7 496 3 8 20 5
Plate Golves 8 3 9 9 6 492 3 8 20 5 7
Plate Legs 10 5 8 10 2 492 3 20 5 6 5
metal bonus(Val) 25 0 20 20 20

Totals 70 65 65 65 65 17 40 100 25 8 28 5

Last edited:

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
formatting messed up but if you look under the headers inorder the numbers should make sense.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have several options. Woodland (elf only) or studded leather or any of the metal armour. Now woodland is an interesting option as heartwood gives an extra property when you enhance, you could do this to get your DCi or you could reforge and enhance and hope for the DCI (this stacks with reforged.)
You can't get DCI as enhance mod.

Heartwood enhance on armour offers one of the following: Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Lower Weight 50%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to attempt making a max physical resist suit with 100% LRC, DCI, and as much mana regen and LMC that i can put on it.
What do you mean max physical resist? 70? or maybe 84 (to counter for protection spell) ?

Remember, if you want max resists I don't think your be able to increase the DCI cap, as doing this will lower the max resists. (With refinements).

I made my suit from normal plain leather. I then reforged using Arcane / of Wizardry and Fortified / of Defense. Then its just a case of burning barbed runics until you get the parts that all fit together. I managed to make my suit mostly from parts with 20 LRC, 8LMC and 2 or 3 MR on each. Then maybe 2 or 3 of the resists boosted to 20+ from the defence package. My resists are all over capped slightly and I'm running 45 DCI from jewels, tangle and quiver.

Last edited:

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't get DCI as enhance mod.

Heartwood enhance on armour offers one of the following: Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Lower Weight 50%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor
H man, thanks for pointing that out, was getting confused with HCI, working atm so was doing it from memory :) last woodland suit i did I reforged DCI and did the HCI from enhancing, must be where i gt muddled up, any how, hope what i put down other than that part helps the OP.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much everyone. Looks like I have a lot of work to do. lol