• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Advice

M

MikeMcCray

Whats up everyone? I need help with a few quick questions. 1st, I just bought ff 11 for xbox and was wondering what worlds see the most activeness out of them all. 2nd, what should be my 1st starting job to become a paladin. and 3rd, what town should I go to top start off. I used to play on ps2 then pc in 2005 but i had to quit because of financial issues. Im familiar with san so and so(the town) and being a black mage, but i want to do something different. If there are other jobs I should consider, let me know. Thank for your time. Take care ya'll

B

Banhammer

Whats up everyone? I need help with a few quick questions. 1st, I just bought ff 11 for xbox and was wondering what worlds see the most activeness out of them all. 2nd, what should be my 1st starting job to become a paladin. and 3rd, what town should I go to top start off. I used to play on ps2 then pc in 2005 but i had to quit because of financial issues. Im familiar with san so and so(the town) and being a black mage, but i want to do something different. If there are other jobs I should consider, let me know. Thank for your time. Take care ya'll
1.) Right now, Bahamut is probably the most active world, in the "Square-Enix had to block new characters from being created there" sense. Odin and Unicorn, I believe, are rather populous as well.

2.) The shortest path would probably start with Monk, actually. Level that to 18, unlock subjobs, and go Warrior/Monk to 37. At that point, unlock Paladin and take Paladin/Warrior up to 75.

3.) Bastok and San d'Oria will put you closest to Valkurm Dunes when you do the inevitable run. I don't know when you'll hit Rank 5 and get the Airship Pass, but around level 37 you'll probably have your home point in Jeuno anyway, so it shouldn't matter much then.

If you're going Paladin (which I expect will get you plenty of party invites), other jobs you'll want to unlock and get to 37 might include Blue Mage, Red Mage (both useful when soloing), and Ninja (very helpful in some endgame fights).

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit of an old post but a smart move to do when considering a town is what type of crafts interest you. That should dictate where you will start, unless you want to have mules in every major town. Another factor that won't matter is the OP's. You can from week to week after conquest points count, check and see what OP's are available. You can do only one per day, but it is definitely worth it. Cuts down on the travel time immensely.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as what world, it's best to pick one with someone that you know on it. If that is not the case then just randomly pick one or choose one that suits you.