• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need advice on these two Dex Templates

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I've been out a while....need some expertise on if I should adj these two templates for PVM

#1: (all real skills)
120 Swords (or Mace or fencing...they are stoned off)
100 anatomy
100 Tactics
120 Parry
100 Necro
100 Bushido
80 Chiv
(this actually works well with 3 leech/slayer Radiant Scimitar...i guess its a traditional Sampire, so i don't think too much needs to change)....i do use bladed staff as well for AI

#2 (all real skills)
120 Archery
100 anatomy
100 tactics
120 Resist spells
100 necro
100 focus
80 Chiv
(just put Necro on this guy (dropped healing) thinking maybe drop focus add spirit speak for wraith form?
Using composite Bow for AI (3 leech).

Thanks in advance

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
#1: (all real skills)
120 Swords (or Mace or fencing...they are stoned off)
100 anatomy
100 Tactics
120 Parry
100 Necro
100 Bushido
80 Chiv
(this actually works well with 3 leech/slayer Radiant Scimitar...i guess its a traditional Sampire, so i don't think too much needs to change)....i do use bladed staff as well for AI
This looks like your typical Sampire template. The only change I would suggest is having Resist Spells instead of Anatomy, or at the very least, having it on a Soul Stone so you can switch between the skills depending on the engagement you are fighting, in example, if you're doing a spawn with lots of caster, you will want that Resist Spells.

Personally, I have 100 Swords (I use Captain John's hat to get to 120), 120 Tactics, 100 Parry, 100 Necro, 120 Bushido, 80 Chiv and 100 Resist Spells. Not too far off from yours... allocate points to whatever skill lines you feel like you will be using the most.

There are many sampire threads here on the Warrior forum that go into more specifics about some of the details. I would suggest you have a look.

#2 (all real skills)
120 Archery
100 anatomy
100 tactics
120 Resist spells
100 necro
100 focus
80 Chiv
(just put Necro on this guy (dropped healing) thinking maybe drop focus add spirit speak for wraith form?
Using composite Bow for AI (3 leech).

Thanks in advance
Are you looking to mainly use this for wraith form?

My wraith archer has no natural necromancy. If I want to go into wraith form, I equip jewels and a necro spell book that all have +Necro skill on them... then I cast wraith form, and switch back to my normal suit. This is especially easy if you are playing in the Enhanced client and can make use of the Instant Suit switching macro. You only need 20 necro to maintain the wraith form, so as a human, you get that from the "Jack of all trades" racial ability. If you were to go the route of an Elf, you would probably need some skill on there.

Having said that, by not needing Necro on my template, I have replaced it with Spirit Speak. The Spirit Speak makes the mana leach from wraith form much more effective. Spirit Speak also can be used as a healing spell.

My template is the following: 115 Archery (120 with Despicable Quiver), 120 Tactics, 100 Anatomy, 100 Chivalry, 100 Resist Spells, 100 Spirit Speak, remaining points in Focus. I also have a ring that gives me another 15 Spirit Speak. My main focus is to leach and regenerate as much mana as possible so that I can chain Armor Ignore shots. It is a high damage per second template.

The only drawback is the slow movement from wraith form makes it more of a stationary archer. It's not very helpful for engagements where you need to be constantly on the move.